I really wish we could wear grey again like we did last year. According to corporate, that "didn't work" so we switched back.

Good luck everyone, and be prepared to cancel a LOT of orders and keep your carts within arms reach because guests will be very grabby. I really don't expect much from that "item monitoring" by corporate. We were picking doorbusters and sale items all day last year. SPUs will be through the roof when you get in and you'll obviously be stopped every 2 seconds. I fully expect to be in toys and electronics for the entire day and I'll have to have my power armor equipped to avoid all violence and harassment directed towards me. Just keep a level head and honestly, if the guest gives you shit about taking the item while they're trying for it, just give it to them. Everyone is going to have a terrible fill% for Q4. Obviously if it's already picked, feel free to ninja kick them in the face. (politely) Just sit back and relax, and giggle at how desperate people will get to save pennies on some stupid name brand piece of garbage.~

Would not matter at my store, guests ask vendors for help now even if its obvious they do not work there (yes talking about the vendors wearing grey shirts that say coke) and if you happen to be a guest wearing red and khaki shopping forget it. I hope there is some type of exclusion list for FF when I get in. Our STL usually leans they other way and decides not to screw the guests waiting outside for hours if we only have 20 of something. Besides FF is only a good possibility of a sale and not the same as an actual sale at the store. Should me something this time of year I would think, but does depends on item too. Last night I was told we would not be filling any requests for Ipads other then that I will have to wait and see though.

Besides FF is only a good possibility of a sale and not the same as an actual sale at the store.

True for standard SPU, not true for SFS. SFS is better than a in-store-sale. SFS may be sent to someone across the country, so if they decide to return it it's unlikely to be returned to your store, whereas something bought at your store is likely being returned to your store (not saying everything purchased is returned, but should it be returned the likelihood is much higher that something bought in-store is coming back to your store).

True for standard SPU, not true for SFS. SFS is better than a in-store-sale. SFS may be sent to someone across the country, so if they decide to return it it's unlikely to be returned to your store, whereas something bought at your store is likely being returned to your store (not saying everything purchased is returned, but should it be returned the likelihood is much higher that something bought in-store is coming back to your store).

You are correct. I forgot to say we are only SPU, I am glad we are not SFS though. We do not have the team members (or at least enough good ones) to make it work well.

Two hours in and 110 collates have printed thus far with more printing as I walked away from the pack station. After our first order limit increase I started using a flat with one child location instead of three tier carts.

Did the same for myself as I walked in today. Could see my ETL-Log get frustrated trying to fit bulky items in his cart and soon after asked me to "hook us up" with 4 more for after seeing we used 4/6 of our carts in 1:30hrs.

15 min break over. Status update at 0700 hours. Kroneru out.

140 FF orders to be picked at opening. Only two grey shirts in the building so far. If we aren't allowed to cancel orders/say items aren't here without ETL approval, we're not going to clear the gun until...January? Like...late, late January.

5:57pm and we completed all 29 of our batches with 211 orders processed (Order Cap is 175). 8 three tiers and 5 flats stuffed. BRTL handled FF with 55 completed orders. We're scheduled until 10pm but I honestly don't know when we'll be done with only one Pack Station at our disposal.

We finished our 209 SFS orders and 46 FF just in the knick of time 5:59PM, mad props to my team:). We had trouble with the bulky stuff filling carts so we dropped pallets and put locations on them, but I like the flat bed idea.
It was a little close quarters at the pack station so I got a table from the training room put it in a tub and made a temp SFS desk. We wheeled next to the main desk so we could share the air pillows, put some poly mailers on the top of the table, stored some boxes underneath the table and used a tape gun, it was good to go it worked.

If we aren't allowed to cancel orders/say items aren't here without ETL approval

Hah. I won't cancel orders on a whim if we have the item. ie. I won't decide what can and can't be ordered online.

But the first time I saw the message pop up that asked if I had LOD approval to cancel a SPU order I looked and it and thought, no way do they really want me to bug them every time I can't locate an item but decided to ask the LOD anyway. Their response was that so long as I checked reshop, second locations, and it said none were in the back that as far as they were concerned I was the LOD.

We were able to get everything picked, but then most of the team started splitting off to other workcenters after 6. So it was just me and another TM packing like crazy until the morning team came in.

It was total chaos of course. Just not the right TMs to do everything during the first part. I was scheduled to do FF 11pm till 730 but I was moved to the Backroom around 430 because they're backed up. By that time I only have 100 to pack and 40 orders dropped and there's 5 TMs coming in between 6-8 with 7hr shifts so moving me wasn't really a bad idea.

I lost count because I was by myself by 1130 but I work a lot better by myself since its a small space in FF

So blinded by $$$; how did they expect stores with several hundred order limits to manage Thanksgiving/Black Friday? Percentage of canceled items was very low and surprisingly enough all four of us collectively picked about 3-4 softline items.

Thank. You.

We breezed through picking though what killed our momentum was our sole packing station... Bump into me one more time.

It's okay. They're expecting to increase us again lololol. No. We're on another level of screwed now boys~ hnnnnng around 105 total batches for the day and 40 batches and 280 packs left for tomorrow. ._. That was with a 28 person team.

By some miracle, I came in to just 12 FF orders to be picked. Not sure how they did it, or how many people it took, but they pulled it off. Then of course by the time I left, we were back up to 50+. Oh, and our CAFs were 6 hours despite dropping manuals earlier in the day. Fan-friggin'-tastic.

It's okay. They're expecting to increase us again lololol. No. We're on another level of screwed now boys~ hnnnnng around 105 total batches for the day and 40 batches and 280 packs left for tomorrow. ._. That was with a 28 person team.

Geez...

@tgtJose, my hats to you and your team sir, for managing to complete as many as those SFS orders. We had 3 people overnight and barely 2 people on the dayside. They could barely handle 150 orders.

As for dayside flexible fullfillments, my metrics are going to take a hit as we weren't prepared to handle the 100+ orders with only 4 people throughout the day.

Thursday didn't feel like it went rough, but it kinda did. I think we hit 260? 270 orders. I honestly don't even remember. We didn't have our batches pulled until a little after 7. It was me and my sfs captain for the first 2 hours. Our worst BR TM stole another BR TM for flexes, when he was supposed to be pulling batches with us. I pulled soooooo many Apple watches. I had to ask my AP ETL if I could pull them all. He told me to go for it lmao. Me and my sfs captain were scheduled to leave 11:45pm. I ended up leaving 1:45am. Debated on sleeping when I got home. Slept 3 hours and was back 10am today. SFS captain ended up working 26 hours. He lived too far away to get on the bus to come back for 8. He had a rough night. Other BR TM helping SFS ended up working 25 hours. Jesus.

rant.
Fast foward to today. I came back from meal to find out ups came, loaded the one flat we moved to the receiving door, DIDN'T LET US KNOW HE WAS HERE, and fucking left. I still have 5 flats and a pallet piled like 7-8 feet high. Like WTF. I had to call the UPS service line twice. They couldn't get through to our pickup center. So now those packages won't go out until tomorrow. Fucking idiots. /end rant

Last edited:
Did anyone else end up picking every single one of certain doorbuster items before the store opened? We took all of 2 different TVs and all of those huge ninja blenders.

Then we also picked most but not all Wii U's, B&D pancake grills, and RCA portable DVD players.

Only 1 Wii U Bundle was left at 5:57pm right before we opened. A pile of Gaming Chairs and PS4 Uncharted Bundles then you see this lone Wii U Bundle sitting next to them, lol.

@tgtJose, my hats to you and your team sir, for managing to complete as many as those SFS orders. We had 3 people overnight and barely 2 people on the dayside. They could barely handle 150 orders.

As for dayside flexible fullfillments, my metrics are going to take a hit as we weren't prepared to handle the 100+ orders with only 4 people throughout the day.
We did get a lot done, but we would have gotten more if we came in earlier and if the Wednesday closing team had left things in a better state. When I left, there were still a few batches left from 10:05am Thursday, plus over 100 more that dropped in after the order cap reset at 10pm. Oh, and over 300 to pack.

Our goal is now to get caught up by Sunday night so we can be prepared for the cyber Monday onslaught.

I am GSA+Flex tomorrow, Cashier+Flex Sunday, and Cashier Monday, so no flex for me on cyber monday.

Back