Man, I can't say if it's seasonal hires being... usual seasonal hires, or if it's the regular SFS team and they just really hate me, but I spent HOURS over black friday weekend fixing all the stations so that everything was organized, every packing material was in the same place at each station, you could pack at every pack AND prep station, and it was completely destroyed 24 hours later. I wrote a note mentioning what I did and where to find a couple things, and the note was torn down, so I suspect I have an enemy in SFS..... eye roll. But since then I've just been fixing the new pack and prep stations to work like they're supposed to... threading the ESIM bags through the bars, putting the hazmat labels in the label roller things, putting the bubble wrap on the bar on the prep stations... and they take the materials OFF the holders! I find the label rolls sitting on the desks, and the bubble wrap sitting on the floor. Someone took every roll of grip tape off of every station and stuck them all in the cabinet. I don't get it guys, I really don't. I really wanted the SFS TL position last year, and I wanted it this year but they didn't offer it to a tm.... but man, did I really want to be in charge of these heathens anyways?

If this was all out of spite, I got paid to organize everything, and I got paid more than whoever wrecked it cause I was in overtime B) And I was really trying to help those a-holes, I wanted every station to be organized exactly the same so you could pack anywhere and have it be the same, AND I gave the TL a list of stuff we need, and I asked them to order padded mats to put in front of every station cause we had team members complaining about their feet aching.

Also about the RFID.... who else finds items with the wrong tag attached? I found a salvage t-shirt this morning with a tag for the wrong size and color. Sometimes I find things like that right off the truck, so I know people aren't like... changing the price tags.

Only a few more months until my store switches to P&S 2.0 and I’ll understand the struggle of required Prep step. They want UPC labels printed out for the items during the Prep step? Sounds like more work.

RFIDs are a godsend and if everything was RFID enabled. INFs would drop to >10% if the store cares more about INF then pick metric.
The only issue with using the RFID is not enough to go around and scanning every possible location.
I’m looking for a pillow item for which I have to rely on the moderniation process. The unload team has to make sure it’s on the pallet with same items. If it’s not in the shelf location, I have to check if it’s flexed to a different location or look elsewhere on the salesfloor where they could be pillows. It could be at guest service or in random reshop/backstock carts. It could also be a mispick, unlocated in the backroom in the wrong fillgroup aisle or sitting on a pallet with different items.
If the modernization process got their act together, Flexible Fulfillment could find anything.

Don’t forget the cashiers! Have to ring stuff out correctly to have accurate OH counts. Toss in theft + no one updating OH counts, and you have a bigger mess.

I may try Prepping tomorrow, true Prepping. We just hit Prep & then start Packing normally.
That's how we do it. Prep >Prep complete >pack (the real prep, print collate, sort product, bag clothing, seal chems, get labeling...) >Hand cart to packer. Honestly, I don't know any other way.

That's how we do it. Prep >Prep complete >pack (the real prep, print collate, sort product, bag clothing, seal chems, get labeling...) >Hand cart to packer. Honestly, I don't know any other way.

We aren't scheduled enough people to do any prepping. I prepped/packed for 10 straight hours today. Oh, we have them scheduled, but invariably. It pick pick pick. We'd never make the deadline. Then it's scan scan scan as we try to get everything scanned out. Just not enough hours. I was boxed in for close to an hour today by skid of Pepsi, alcohol, food truck, etc.

We are looking at picking first from the SF for OPU which would then avoid backstocking when pulling from a casepack location. TBD...
Can we not though? That's very un-guest friendly. If there's an instapot on sale, SFS would take the only 1 on the floor and leave an empty hole there for the rest of the morning until small appliances is pulled at 3pm. Missed sales, and bad overall store presentation for half of a day. Taking from salesfloor first adds work into the backroom pulls when taking from the backroom first doesn't affect the other teams in the store.

Ok folks - I'm looking for ideas for improvements to ePick in 2019. Bonus points if they pertain to being more efficient in picking or they reduce INF.
I would enjoy having the last received date somewhere on the epick app. Like if for an item we could have additional details displayed somewhere, that do great.

Also, when stowing things into hold for opu, it has you scan the items, put the bag into a hold location, THEN print out the label associated for the bag after you theoretically set it down out of your hands. It would be nice to have print label in the middle, so that I can stow into location and then be done, without having to remember what location I put it in. Just to foolproof to the current system a bit

Last edited:
I would enjoy having the last received date somewhere on the epick app. Like if for an item we could have additional details displayed somewhere, that do great.

Also, when stowing things into hold for opu, it has you scan the items, put the bag into a hold location, THEN print out the label associated for the bag after you theoretically set it down out of your hands. It would be nice to have print label in the middle, so that I can stow into location and then be done, without having to remember what location I put it in.
I put the zebra into the location with the screen facing out when I get the label. It helps when there’s different people putting in OPUs and when all the locations look the same

Can we not though? That's very un-guest friendly. If there's an instapot on sale, SFS would take the only 1 on the floor and leave an empty hole there for the rest of the morning until small appliances is pulled at 3pm. Missed sales, and bad overall store presentation for half of a day. Taking from salesfloor first adds work into the backroom pulls when taking from the backroom first doesn't affect the other teams in the store.
Oh you missed the part where Target cares more about OPU than guests in the store.

LOL Target cares more about OPU than guests? At my store anyone that is inside the store currently is #1 priority no matter what....
At my store OPU/SFS come first. Got to keep those metrics green...🙄 Guests won’t count again until the ETLs can scan them with a zebra to measure their level of satisfaction with the service they received. Which will be never...🙄😂😳

Oh you missed the part where Target cares more about OPU than guests in the store.
Umm my DTL would disagree, she shut off our OPU for the last week. She isn't letting us process STS so we now have a steady stream of guests coming in asking where the fuck their order is that was delivered days ago but still not ready for pick up..

And they wondered why I took a non scheduled day off????

Your DTL needs to be written up or fired.
Turning off SFS is a okay with a valid reason but under no circumstances is it okay to not check in STS orders.

Turning off SFS and OPU for a week now and STS orders are only checked in when we say fuck it and ignore her or do it before she gets there. She along with the leadership in my store needs to go.. I don't think anything they do at this point should save them.

Not really missed sales cause whether is sells online or in-store it's still sales.and if a guest buys it at 9 am it will still remain empty the rest of the morning unless the team is doing there job and filling throughout the day.

Not really missed sales cause whether is sells online or in-store it's still sales.and if a guest buys it at 9 am it will still remain empty the rest of the morning unless the team is doing there job and filling throughout the day.

But the in store guest might leave, and not buy anything at all when a specific item appears to be out-of-stock. Happens enough times, the guest won't go back to that store. = missed opportunity for add on sales, or pissed off guest that doesn't come back.

You would sell 2 instead of 1, because the sfs guest and the in store guest each get one. In your scenario, only 1 is sold to the sfs guest, hence the missed sales.

Definitely being able to undo an INF. It would be all around beneficial to team members and guests. Too often things are found 15 mins after hitting can’t find
That would make toooo much sense. Or have it come back in another batch that hopefully someone else is picking. There should be some type of INF log where leads can go and look for the item for the batch. Spending 20 minutes looking for Santa slippers is nuts.

What does she expect to gain by that besides ticking off guests and the OPU/SFS Team? 🙄

She wants the backroom clean and she thinks that 15min is more than enough time to process a pallet of STS.. When time is up we get sent to work more freight or backstock a mess we didn't create.. And we should be grateful that she is here to help us and doesn't understand why we are so frustrated and angry. We should be happy we are turned off so that we can help out the store cleaning up. When in reality we want an apology for being forced to work in this dangerous shit show for the last year. And she thinks I forgot she called us idiots last year when we got turned off for being so behind. Following exactly how she said it should run.

You would sell 2 instead of 1, because the sfs guest and the in store guest each get one. In your scenario, only 1 is sold to the sfs guest, hence the missed sales.

Still more then one cause sfs is shipping out 20 at the end of the day sales is sales.. there has been days at my store where sfs is doing the same or more then the in-store sales. If the guest wants it that bad they will ask if we have more in stock.

Still more then one cause sfs is shipping out 20 at the end of the day sales is sales.. there has been days at my store where sfs is doing the same or more then the in-store sales. If the guest wants it that bad they will ask if we have more in stock.
I misspoke then. In my scenario, I always sell the amount you sell +1 more as long as the instocks are there. There is no situation where taking from the salesfloor before the backroom should happen. Period.

She wants the backroom clean and she thinks that 15min is more than enough time to process a pallet of STS.. When time is up we get sent to work more freight or backstock a mess we didn't create.. And we should be grateful that she is here to help us and doesn't understand why we are so frustrated and angry. We should be happy we are turned off so that we can help out the store cleaning up. When in reality we want an apology for being forced to work in this dangerous shit show for the last year. And she thinks I forgot she called us idiots last year when we got turned off for being so behind. Following exactly how she said it should run.
Oh, now I get it, another clueless kool-aid drinker. Your DTL sounds just like my last ETL. Corporate must be cloning them...🙄😂

When Ups came to pick up today's sfs we had a couple pallets from yesterday ready for pick up. I walkie the to team to see if anything else was ready. No one answer so I walked to the end of stockroom and one salesfloor team member was back there putting the collates with the mdse. Nothing was boxed and team member said they were about to leave for the day. Fortunately another truck comes by after 5. I ask an Etl if anyone was coming in to box the orders. The answer was no. So today's orders won't be picked up till Friday afternoon.

Back