We had a virtual flood yesterday. SFS picks were down from 328 to just 67 around 11:30am and schedule was adjusted to two packers and one to finish picking. Within 10 minutes almost 400 additional picks dropped!!!

I was the only TM today morning and mid, and had a similar thing happen. Went to take my lunch and had 65 to pick, came back and 155 had dropped (and I had two more carts to pack)! Not at your numbers level, but, again, only one (slow) person! Thankfully I got help and we made it (albeit with high INFs from the ETLs who picked).

We had the same happen today. I was done picking and over 200 dropped in. We were able to finish luckily, but i needed backup. Glad to know it wasnt just our store that got hit.

All stores are on rollover. As things drop in, you're pulling out of next day(s) order volume for your store. Pick and pack what you can.

So this is why the last 2 days 600 units have dropped in at 9-10.... Will it continue this weekend?

If I remember right 5% INF rate is high for my store, but that was around Christmas time two years ago.

We were told about 1/2 way through our last 4th quarter that our INF rate was too low! We were spending too much time finding stuff. Oh, sorry, I was digging through 20 boxes of unpushed books for a Grinch book. We were instructed to equalize our numbers. Cool cool. I was an INF machine after that. I think one day, we were at 28%. No one said a word.

We were spending too much time finding stuff.
Same thing happened to us...except it was mostly the TLs/ETLs that were sick of looking for INFs from all the seasonals so they let them INF whatever. Got our percent up so high in a couple of weeks that they hard locked down on who was allowed to INF again :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to us...except it was mostly the TLs/ETLs that were sick of looking for INFs from all the seasonals so they let them INF whatever. Got our percent up so high in a couple of weeks that they hard locked down on who was allowed to INF again :rolleyes:

One thing we did was have me and another tm do all the INFing. People would pick then pause the cart with things they couldn't find. Her and I would look again them INF it. I'm sure our personal rates were sky high, but it was what were told to do.

We were told about 1/2 way through our last 4th quarter that our INF rate was too low! We were spending too much time finding stuff. Oh, sorry, I was digging through 20 boxes of unpushed books for a Grinch book. We were instructed to equalize our numbers. Cool cool. I was an INF machine after that. I think one day, we were at 28%. No one said a word.
I hear PICK time was too LOW more than INF too low. The take away from EQUALIZE should have been “stop using so much time”.
No one said a word because you were picking batches faster and ultimately selling more by fulfilling orders you can find rather than looking for the one chapstick DPCI you can’t find. It’s all about SALES baby.

I hear PICK time was too LOW more than INF too low. The take away from EQUALIZE should have been “stop using so much time”.
No one said a word because you were picking batches faster and ultimately selling more by fulfilling orders you can find rather than looking for the one chapstick DPCI you can’t find. It’s all about SALES baby.

Don't you think I know that? I always said, INF the stuff we can't find so we can pick stuff we can find. You're right. Pick stuff you can find. Let other stores pick stuff they can find. Hopefully, it equals out.

Don't you think I know that? I always said, INF the stuff we can't find so we can pick stuff we can find. You're right. Pick stuff you can find. Let other stores pick stuff they can find. Hopefully, it equals out.
Oh, sorry. Seemed like you were over-concentrating on the INF side, trying for perfection.
So you knew you are given a grace because INF can never be zero the way our on-hands are recorded. Congrats. Then.

One thing we did was have me and another tm do all the INFing. People would pick then pause the cart with things they couldn't find. Her and I would look again them INF it. I'm sure our personal rates were sky high, but it was what were told to do.
I noticed when they had me going through all paused batches that my pick time (and as a result total pick time average) dropped significantly and suddenly our ETL was getting emails and calls about our pick times. Wish there was a way to fix that in mpm (@mobilelady ?)

I noticed when they had me going through all paused batches that my pick time (and as a result total pick time average) dropped significantly and suddenly our ETL was getting emails and calls about our pick times. Wish there was a way to fix that in mpm (@mobilelady ?)
I'm pretty sure I read that another user here tested out pick times with paused carts and you end up inheriting the pick time from the paused cart so if you start up a cart that has been paused for an hour for example, your time drops.

Actually I’ve also been meaning to ask about the greenfield reports for pick times. It says carts taking more than 2 hours aren’t included, but does that mean just total time in the cart, or is paused time counted towards the 2 hours?

Also, if we pause a batch and then end up having to reset the cart (due to the glitch) are the pick times for the first time items were picked also reset?

Actually I’ve also been meaning to ask about the greenfield reports for pick times. It says carts taking more than 2 hours aren’t included, but does that mean just total time in the cart, or is paused time counted towards the 2 hours?

Also, if we pause a batch and then end up having to reset the cart (due to the glitch) are the pick times for the first time items were picked also reset?
The paused time is included.

I believe if you reset the cart, it doesn't count since the batch was never completed.

The paused time is included.

I believe if you reset the cart, it doesn't count since the batch was never completed.
That seems abusable. So as it stands right now, a team member could reset a cart and rescan items to the cart to positively influence their pick time? I can't imagine how much that would mess with metrics.

It shouldn't affect your personal INF rates. Anything you INF in a paused batch should tie back to the tm who started the cart originally.

Back