Yeah, so 12:41p CT and those orders are still in limbo. Wonder if the guest has called about their stuff.

Where does your guys’ management stand on INFs vs pick on times? No missing goals whatsoever? Or miss the goal and keep looking for the items?

Missed goals are alright within reason. Direction from district is anything above 90% picked on time is acceptable as long as INF goals are met. Fulfilling orders is more important than arbitrary goal times. That said, I adhere closely to goal times so we can save any acceptable overage for the week in case we get super large OPUs that can't be done on time.

Where does your guys’ management stand on INFs vs pick on times? No missing goals whatsoever? Or miss the goal and keep looking for the items?
At my store the ETL would not prioritize between missed goal and INF even when asked directly, but no matter what choice you made you could expect to be coached for not doing the other, because apparently the only real priorities for the ETL were making sure that blame rolled downhill and that their ass was covered. Leadership should set clear expectations for the team, but it always made more sense to me to fulfill the order rather than to cancel it to meet goal time and disappoint (and possibly lose) a guest. Sometimes Spot seems to forget that the object of the exercise is to actually make a sale and that green metrics are the means to the end and not the end itself.

If you have a TM keeping an eye on supplies listen to them. Order what they want when they want it. It got really tiring running out of everything cause they would refuse to order as much as quickly as I needed it.
I spend 5000 -6000$ every week on supplies for sfs.

@taytay pickup still doesn’t have Get for guest alert button.

Also, now that there’s no backroom team, do I call the flex/SFS team for get for guests (backroom locates flexes)? I feel bad bc I know they’re on a timer but someone has to get the order
Actually you can’t call sfs for opu . Opu it’s own strictly by guest service and now tm are schedule under guest service for opu. No longer my sfs team thank god . I went head to head with the etl Ge and showed the book where he owns that shit and can no longer pass it to me.

The way Spot calculates the Pick On Time metric is skewed anyway. For instance, one day last week I was on OPUs, and when I left at the end of my shift we had picked 240 eaches thus far. Every order was picked on time except for one 24-item Drive Up that missed by 30 seconds, because...apparel.

Anyway, I'm going to ballpark it and say that we did 50 total orders up until that point. Well, if we picked 49/50 orders on time, you would think that would be 98%. But since the one order we missed was 24 items, it counts all 24 of them as being late, and thus we had a 90% score.

At my store, in regards to POT, I hold my team accountable to the metric as far as, are they jumping into it right when it drops in, are they asking for help when too many are dropping in all at once, and are they calling out when they can't find something right away.

If we miss goal with all of that, then so be it. We do our best to find every item and fulfill the orders. And honestly, I think it has given our store a reputation among guests that OPU is a good way to go. We're a low volume store in our district, probably like 7th or 8th out of 11 in terms of size, but consistently have the 3rd or 4th most orders to pick each week.

The way Spot calculates the Pick On Time metric is skewed anyway. For instance, one day last week I was on OPUs, and when I left at the end of my shift we had picked 240 eaches thus far. Every order was picked on time except for one 24-item Drive Up that missed by 30 seconds, because...apparel.

Anyway, I'm going to ballpark it and say that we did 50 total orders up until that point. Well, if we picked 49/50 orders on time, you would think that would be 98%. But since the one order we missed was 24 items, it counts all 24 of them as being late, and thus we had a 90% score.

Yeah, it's units picked on time, not batches. Act accordingly.

I spend 5000 -6000$ every week on supplies for sfs.

That doesn't matter its actually ordering the shit when we want it so we have a constant flow of supplies so I don't have to stack so much stuff to account for laziness of the person ordering. I keep a nice stash on hand if orders spike but I don't have to have half a pallet of air speed bags sitting there cause TL won't order for three weeks. I want four cases of air speed every week that keeps the stash full and accounts for what we use(low volume SFS). Or like now I want some extra pallets of boxes for BTS that is coming I know we don't have pallet space but we are going to need them and ordering them now means we will actually get them. That flow seems to be a very difficult thing to get through to some people.

I have to explain like you go the grocery store every week

That doesn't matter its actually ordering the shit when we want it so we have a constant flow of supplies so I don't have to stack so much stuff to account for laziness of the person ordering. I keep a nice stash on hand if orders spike but I don't have to have half a pallet of air speed bags sitting there cause TL won't order for three weeks. I want four cases of air speed every week that keeps the stash full and accounts for what we use(low volume SFS). Or like now I want some extra pallets of boxes for BTS that is coming I know we don't have pallet space but we are going to need them and ordering them now means we will actually get them. That flow seems to be a very difficult thing to get through to some people.

I have to explain like you go the grocery store every week
It does matter because my team never runs out. Every week I walk the area and see what they are low on . I order 2 pallets of each box and everything else. Since it takes up to 10 days to get it.

It does matter because my team never runs out. Every week I walk the area and see what they are low on . I order 2 pallets of each box and everything else. Since it takes up to 10 days to get it.

The money doesn't matter in the sense I am speaking, we agree its the ordering the stuff that matters and doing that on the schedule that works for our stores so we don't run out. I don't give two shits what it costs, we use it, we use it. You seem to have the ability to actually place the order yourself, I do not but have to do the shopping so to speak its getting whoever has the ability to order to actually do it on time that is my issue.. We have figured out we order on Monday it will show up very early the next week not two or three weeks later getting that point through has been the challenge.

Is there a way to update sales floor pathing for OPU/DU to have it end the order near the front of the store and not the back of the store?

We just had bunch of "stuck orders" drop into the gun as past due in the middle of the day 🤔
I had a batch that I picked yesterday show up as a past due batch around noon today. The batch from yesterday produced no collates so I was going to call CSC about it in my downtime, but thankfully it cleared itself up. And that I hadn’t put everything in go backs yet.

I had a batch that I picked yesterday show up as a past due batch around noon today. The batch from yesterday produced no collates so I was going to call CSC about it in my downtime, but thankfully it cleared itself up. And that I hadn’t put everything in go backs yet.
We just had bunch of "stuck orders" drop into the gun as past due in the middle of the day 🤔
Same thing happened to us. We also had a lot of OPU drop in at once and not alerts for them. Had to have the whole team jump in to clear them quickly.

The money doesn't matter in the sense I am speaking, we agree its the ordering the stuff that matters and doing that on the schedule that works for our stores so we don't run out. I don't give two shits what it costs, we use it, we use it. You seem to have the ability to actually place the order yourself, I do not but have to do the shopping so to speak its getting whoever has the ability to order to actually do it on time that is my issue.. We have figured out we order on Monday it will show up very early the next week not two or three weeks later getting that point through has been the challenge.
I’m the former sfs tl so yeah I can order . But I agree whatever they need me to get I go right on the computer and do it right away

Back