Those who had SFS/OPU last year for BTS —- was it near this bad? We’re seeing 4000 units of flexes a week compared to the regular 1,200 per week - near single digit POT% and no time to do SFS, leading to double digit INF%. No end in sight.

We weren't seeing those numbers but we got slammed most of the day, three of picking non-stop and still couldn't keep the orders in the que below 30. I am wore the fuck out. We pulled in a 4th to work SFS cause our usual thing of using one cart and in between OPU's picking SFS was not gonna happen. We are a small SFS shop so if we let one person just pick we can knock the picking in a couple hours. But usually I use one cart and tie the SFS batch to it and use a separate number to pick OPU's. SHPAF or Aw fuck..

We're seeing 400-500 OPU units a day. That's a lot for a small store that typically only has 1 person scheduled at a time. They're heavily concentrated during the early morning and between 11-1. A couple of days ago I got the queue clear at 9:02. I checked how many units I had done. 153. I come in at 7:30. Shit was insane. I have no idea how I got that much done. Had a nice little lull for the next couple of hours with only about 20 units. Then, the shit came pouring down again. Left at 3:30 with some 400 odd units done. The OPU gods were somewhat kind though. The timing of drops was mostly manageable so POT was in the 80s and INFs were green. I don't remember the exact numbers. I was too tired to care.

I'm enjoying OPU and assisting on drive up

But

When the fuck are they gonna prohibit guests from instantly hitting "here" after hitting the "on my way"?

Location services should be required to use drive up

This is correct for people who have location services enabled. The geofence for every store is WAY too large

You can have it adjusted by MySuporting and using #driveup to get a faster response

I come in at 6 and leave at 2:30. There was a day last week where we had already picked 400 units by the time I left. School starts this week in my area so I anticipate tomorrow being hellish.

Wait really omg

What category do we submit it undrr

I did process issues and guest services but I don’t remember if there is a flexible fulfillment option yet. I went back and forth with someone for a while until they were “partnering with HQ” and someone ended up calling and asking me where I wanted the fence to end and also emailed me a google maps image showing me where the fence is for my store

Is it a good thing to be a day ahead in SFS workload? It's Saturday, we started Mondays workload and Tuesdays workload has already dropped in.
If you don’t have leaders like I do that are stupid and pull the whole team to push a fucking u-boat, even before the days workload is done. I could really give two shits less about your fucking double.

My apologies if this has been answered. My stores ship times changed in the app from 2:30/4:30 to 4:30/8:00. And the FFleader was wondering if that changed their late pick time limit or not.

Also really neat thing. 3 packing stations and averaging 860-900 units a day. And they wonder why they keep falling behind.

Last edited:
My apologies if this has been answered. My stores ship times changed in the app from 2:30/4:30 to 4:30/8:00. And the FFleader was wondering if that changed their late pick time limit or not.

Also really neat thing. 3 packing stations and averaging 860-900 units a day. And they wonder why they keep falling behind.
For my store pick on time doesn’t exist anymore its just sort on time now, and we have two, 4:30 and 8:00 since ups and usps split.

We have 1 packing station and average 300-400 a day we can never get ahead. We barely make our goal times because we only have 1 person scheduled after 5pm until 9:30. And they’re the last person there so they get left with a big mess and no time to get anything done while also continuously getting pulled to push or back stock. On top of that we get the main opener and then 2 4hr mids who don’t get anything done and then our “closer” who leaves at 9:30 lol. It’s terrible

I ignore the mapping most of the time, sorry it should take me through all the infant hardlines before sending me to toys cause what it will do is ask for crib sheets then to toys which is across the store then back to baby for diapers.. Yeah no.. Mapping you are fucking drunk.

If you don’t have leaders like I do that are stupid and pull the whole team to push a fucking u-boat, even before the days workload is done. I could really give two shits less about your fucking double.

This really grinds my gears, because I'm stuck with similar leaders. They will never understand.

Its better if SFS finishes ASAP. But, they always ignore that.

"SFS is easy. Your workload is light today, you will be fine."

Yeah, OK...

The store is a hot mess a week after inventory day, I wonder whats easy about SFS. The BRLA got fucked in less than a week of inventory day.

I ignore the mapping most of the time, sorry it should take me through all the infant hardlines before sending me to toys cause what it will do is ask for crib sheets then to toys which is across the store then back to baby for diapers.. Yeah no.. Mapping you are fucking drunk.

I'm glad we got the pull-up menu added back into ePick.

The mapping feature is really odd, sometimes.

From Girls, to HBA (near each other in my store), then back to Girls again.

I should call CSC to improve it, but I never have time.

Last edited:
This really grinds my gears, because I'm stuck with similar leaders. They will never understand.

Its better if SFS finishes ASAP. But, they always ignore that.

"SFS is easy. Your workload is light today, you will be fine."

Yeah, OK...

Current leadership in my store, too. And we're a Restock store so they can really hurt it when a ton of Restocks drop that night and the sfs team has been pushing all day. My personal favorite is when they finally let us pick and I have INFs that we sold in the meantime, when I could have already picked and packed them. But these leaders also have absolutely no idea what they're doing with SFS.

Last edited:
I wish they would stop putting me in SFS and do OPU instead. SFS when it's just apocalypse is not fun

So my store is not the only one "Cooking the Books"? The STATS show you did all this with just 6 people! That's AMAZING! Meanwhile ETL panic mode sets in with 2 hrs to pack time. They pull all available ETLs and TLs etc. INFs go to red, only prep liquids, stuff RTW in the poly, (no prebag). Scan prep cart, without putting items in location. Followed by the infamous scanpack without actually packing?
I thought it was just us, not!

Current leadership in my store, too. And we're a Restock store so they can really hurt it when a ton of Restocks drop that night and the sfs team has been pushing all day. My personal favorite is when they finally let us pick and I have INFs that we sold in the meantime, when I could have already picked and packed them. But these leaders also have absolutely no idea what they're doing with SFS.
That they do not. Not a fucking clue.

I think management in general is mostly incapable of factoring in anything other than how long it should take to just pick the items. Any other work necessary to fulfill orders escapes their grasp. And, of course, they never factor in that picking times based solely on the number of items in the queue are wild guesstimates at best because it depends what the items are and how many are not where they are supposed to be.

It's always going to be a problem unless fulfillment has a team lead capable of understanding with the in store pull to keep his/her team from getting reassigned by others.

We had 4 people total, then our TL as well. I opened, two mids, one closer. I was run off my feet until my relief came in at 10, but I still picked OPUs right up until I would have hit compliance. I gave up on goal times and focused on doing my best to find everything. The truck TL kept harassing me about the BR audit. I mean, wtf, if orders drop I need to get them. Why are we responsible for that anyway? Don't we have enough to do? I didn't even have time to touch SFS before I had to leave. And was anybody else getting a lot of orders for gigantic bags of pet food or was that just my luck?

It was the same at my location, a couple of days ahead with somewhere around 45 items for the day. Flex’s around 4 we had 500.

Why does INFing one item make INF go up by 0.4% when it takes finding 30 items to make it go down by the same amount wtf

Back