I've been out of Flex for about a month now, on remodel. The team still texts me, walkies me, and stops to ask me things. I always help when I can, I care about the department. Today I was helping to set up our relocated guest service and I was going through the OPU bins to tidy up. I was so full of rage by the time I clocked out, LOL. Stuff not in bags. Stuff in bags but no labels. Stuff with the wrong label. Stuff in wrong wacos. Stuff with extra items. An STS that was processed but had no sticker and no name on the shipping label. And the trifecta of fuckery was no label, wrong waco, and somebody gave them the wrong item and typed in the DPCI. So I spent a good amount of time hunting for the right item, and then had to cancel it. I sent the TL a wall of text about it and things he needs to be aware of. I also put in a supply order that I did 2 weeks ago that has been sitting at the pack station since then. Like it's going to fill itself. Ugh.

On the plus side, I was venting to my ETL about it and how I hoped the department wasn't destroyed before I got back. She told me I'm next for development as a lead, which is something I've been wanting. So at least I feel like somebody is noticing how much I care and how much I try.

I have to say, the remodel work is interesting and I'm learning a lot. I can now read planograms, set pogs, audit them, etc... But I'm a smidge bored. I thrive on chaos and flex fit the bill, LOL.

I've been out of Flex for about a month now, on remodel. The team still texts me, walkies me, and stops to ask me things. I always help when I can, I care about the department. Today I was helping to set up our relocated guest service and I was going through the OPU bins to tidy up. I was so full of rage by the time I clocked out, LOL. Stuff not in bags. Stuff in bags but no labels. Stuff with the wrong label. Stuff in wrong wacos. Stuff with extra items. An STS that was processed but had no sticker and no name on the shipping label. And the trifecta of fuckery was no label, wrong waco, and somebody gave them the wrong item and typed in the DPCI. So I spent a good amount of time hunting for the right item, and then had to cancel it. I sent the TL a wall of text about it and things he needs to be aware of.

That shit makes me rage. Fulfillment's number one job when putting things to hold is to make getting the guests the right order as easy as possible. It's not difficult to do. It's important for guest satisifaction and their continued use of our services (aka increased forecast and more hours for our work center as a result.) I have all of our usual GS TMs trained on using MyHelp to figure out who does that type of fuckery so any issues can be addressed. I'm normally pretty chill. But, fucking up my hold locations gets me from 1 to 10 on the rage meter in an instant. This is well known at my store.

That shit makes me rage. Fulfillment's number one job when putting things to hold is to make getting the guests the right order as easy as possible. It's not difficult to do. It's important for guest satisifaction and their continued use of our services (aka increased forecast and more hours for our work center as a result.) I have all of our usual GS TMs trained on using MyHelp to figure out who does that type of fuckery so any issues can be addressed. I'm normally pretty chill. But, fucking up my hold locations gets me from 1 to 10 on the rage meter in an instant. This is well known at my store.

Sad part is my TL is responsible for most of the butt fuckery in the OPU hold area. He just does not care.

My TL is the one telling them not to use a bag for 1 or 2 small items. 🙄 I shouldn't have to explain why that is bad practice to a lead, but here we are. Someone put a label on a single tube of lip balm and chucked it in a waco. Why???

He seriously asked me when he came in today if I think they should use bags for small things. Yes. Yes I do.

My TL is the one telling them not to use a bag for 1 or 2 small items. 🙄 I shouldn't have to explain why that is bad practice to a lead, but here we are. Someone put a label on a single tube of lip balm and chucked it in a waco. Why???

He seriously asked me when he came in today if I think they should use bags for small things. Yes. Yes I do.
My OD chewed us out for 20 minutes in the pre black friday walk for not bagging and labeling everything in hold. You bet your ass everything here is bagged, labelled and where it's supposed to be~

Imo you should be TL.
In Oregon now we charge .05cents for a bag but i always bag small items as the can easily be lost but for some items i dont.

Fucking hell. We have special bags for the small stuff. Use them. It's not rocket science.

My OD chewed us out for 20 minutes in the pre black friday walk for not bagging and labeling everything in hold. You bet your ass everything here is bagged, labelled and where it's supposed to be~

As they should have. The labels peel off the bags pretty damn easy if they don't want the bag.

Unrelated. Can guest service peeps actually read the damn labels when pulling orders out of hold for guests. I just love being sent on wild goose chases for items that in the god damn hold location.

I wish we could order the smaller bags, but alas I'm in California and we can't get them here. At least that's what I was told.

The carrot appears
Also, if you ever get that it'll be as lead in an area no one wants. Logistics or deli probably

Well we don't have a deli, lol. I honestly don't know what the future holds or if it's even with Target. But in the meantime I'm going to take every opportunity to learn new things, gain more responsibility, and prove myself. I'm actually thinking of going back to school for HR, and I talked to the ETL HR about it. They were very encouraging and said it would be a good fit with my personality. They will cross train me after remodel in HR, and I'm going to ask to get GS trained as well. I hop in and help with OPU and Drive Up when I'm up there, but I would like to learn to do returns as well.

It might just be a carrot, but it might not. I'm trying to stay open minded about it.

At my store there are literally AT LEAST 200-300 Style repacks clogging the backroom and it has been this way for over a month! It is taking our INFs into the gutter, because even with the RFID gun it is near impossible to dig through a mountain of repacks to find the single repack it is reacting to in a timely manner. And there are some pallets of Style repacks up in the steel with the aisle blocked off by even more pallets of Style repacks so they are totally impossible to get to!

Is my store the worst ever, or do you guys have similar stories? I genuinely find it hard to believe that some stores might have it worse.

At my store there are literally AT LEAST 200-300 Style repacks clogging the backroom and it has been this way for over a month! It is taking our INFs into the gutter, because even with the RFID gun it is near impossible to dig through a mountain of repacks to find the single repack it is reacting to in a timely manner. And there are some pallets of Style repacks up in the steel with the aisle blocked off by even more pallets of Style repacks so they are totally impossible to get to!

Is my store the worst ever, or do you guys have similar stories? I genuinely find it hard to believe that some stores might have it worse.

Our store was like that for a long time, then it got better. It is now slowly working its way back to the mess it was before. It’s so frustrating. They tell us we can’t INF anything so they want us to go through the repack boxes. Last week they made me spend about 35 minutes looking for one AND tee shirt. We also have a bunch of soft lines unlocated in our third floor back room. So if you’re doing on OPU with 7 things and one is a particularly hard to find item you spend a good part of the 60 Minutes looking in the 3 completely different parts of the store (2nd floor sales floor, breakout area in the first floor back room, 3rd floor Waco’s) and our freight elevators aren’t exactly speedy. I really like doing SFS/OPU but that aspect of it can be infuriating because we get called out on productivity/INF numbers, but these things have nothing to do with me. If the rest of the store is behind it’s going to affect how well I can do my job.

Our store was like that for a long time, then it got better. It is now slowly working its way back to the mess it was before. It’s so frustrating. They tell us we can’t INF anything so they want us to go through the repack boxes. Last week they made me spend about 35 minutes looking for one AND tee shirt. We also have a bunch of soft lines unlocated in our third floor back room. So if you’re doing on OPU with 7 things and one is a particularly hard to find item you spend a good part of the 60 Minutes looking in the 3 completely different parts of the store (2nd floor sales floor, breakout area in the first floor back room, 3rd floor Waco’s) and our freight elevators aren’t exactly speedy. I really like doing SFS/OPU but that aspect of it can be infuriating because we get called out on productivity/INF numbers, but these things have nothing to do with me. If the rest of the store is behind it’s going to affect how well I can do my job.
That’s what these dumbass leaders can’t seem to grasp

Is there any explaination to why stuff still comes off the truck without a delivery date. This is ridiculous.

Is there any explaination to why stuff still comes off the truck without a delivery date. This is ridiculous.
Someone most likely didn’t acknowledge the truck yet.
It could also be from a mispick, the DC said they sent item A but physically sent item B.

Lol if these are the only reasons then we haven't acknowledged a lot of trucks and have mispicks galore.

Lol logistics
We’ve had issues where the front end of one truck was literally items marked for the truck two days before. I’ve been told the warehouse doesn’t accrue loss so if they ever have extra they just slap it on a trailer.

Ours has been close to that. At one point we had five gaylord boxes full of style reshop and another 20 carts of style reshop clogging up our backroom. Along with vehicles packed down every valley in our backroom. Or once that was cleaned up and it took over a year, now we have style not doing RFID scans and we are constantly picking items that are almost a year old.. Yesterday it was last sold 335 days ago.. That was just the biggest sin I saw.. Picking enough clearance to kill a horse. Or the 9 z-racks of clearance in the back room that the former TL refused to actually push since "I don't want to mark it."

Or our biggest fuck up is our own TL taking two of the flex TM's at the time of day we pick up to push his kitchen uboats and leaving the one person who is usually about to go to lunch to take the fall for the missed OPU goal times since they have to go to lunch and he refuses to let the flex people actually pick flex. So you take your lunch and walk back into usually 50-70 OPU's. and you never catch up then the ETL then asks you the next week why you missed so many goal times. You explain you are forgiven wash rinse repeat next week..

Is it worse to miss goal time or INF the item? Flex team members are stuck looking for command hooks that are clearly not in the Waco’s nor where they are supposed to be on the sales floor. It’s soooo frustrating. Or how about looking for something that we have zero on hands for? Like why would it have even dropped in as opu?

Back