When I order clothes online I always expect them to be bagged before packed. It makes me feel warm and cozy inside, like I recurved a special item that was specially selected just for me and was treated gently. Having worked Fulfillment I know what really happens. So now when I get items that are prepped I know someone paid attention to detail and wanted me to receive my items as pristinely ad possible. When I open the bag/box and everything is just dumped in it feels like they don’t care and it just feels more hostile. Almost like it’s saying Fuck you for ordering online.

This and it shows that those employees are just lazy fucks that probably should be sweeping the parking lot and no where near anything guest facing. My opinion is harsh but it ain't that hard to put things in a package properly. And when I get shit that was dumped in a box guess what? I return most of it. Cause it is almost always ruined.

What really sucks though is that those lazy short cutting employees are praised cause "Speed is life".

Oh and there is already a new supply order sheet with the items for the new printers on Sharepoint. I printed them out for my team so we have them when needed.

In other news my ETL gave me the questions for my upcoming interview for a promotion. I'm equal parts excited and nervous. Let the prep begin! Lol
What is the promotion for? Good luck
Also if anyone has any Q’s about the new printers we’ve had them since around October so I might be able to help you out

We've had the new pre
This and it shows that those employees are just lazy fucks that probably should be sweeping the parking lot and no where near anything guest facing. My opinion is harsh but it ain't that hard to put things in a package properly. And when I get shit that was dumped in a box guess what? I return most of it. Cause it is almost always ruined.

What really sucks though is that those lazy short cutting employees are praised cause "Speed is life".

My team lead is praised for their speed. I swear they don't use bubbles because when ever I sort their shit, stuff is rattling all around and boxes are bulging because they didn't use the proper size box.

I have actually called people back to the desk and made them fix that shit.
You're my hero for this.

I've been typing notes and taping them to our stations. "Fill the tape dispenser with water when it's empty", "Make sure things are sorted by 4:30", "Dont leave boxes on the ground." Etcetc.
Everytime I come back to see something else not done/done correctly another note gets printed. On brightly colored paper. Bolded, large letters.

You're my hero for this.

I've been typing notes and taping them to our stations. "Fill the tape dispenser with water when it's empty", "Make sure things are sorted by 4:30", "Dont leave boxes on the ground." Etcetc.
Everytime I come back to see something else not done/done correctly another note gets printed. On brightly colored paper. Bolded, large letters.

I don't ask anything out of anyone else I can't ask of myself. And it really ain't that much.

My first interview is next week! Yikes!

Good luck 🍀 Just went through a few interviews myself (including one for flex TL) very recently so if you need help I’m here to help! I’m sure that your leaders are helping you prep though lol

Good luck 🍀 Just went through a few interviews myself (including one for flex TL) very recently so if you need help I’m here to help! I’m sure that your leaders are helping you prep though lol
Thank you! The SD, every ETL, and every team lead has told me they have my back, they will all help me prep, if I have any questions to get with them, etc... they are all genuinely so excited for me. It's a great feeling.

Ironically, when I told my current TL they said that was great and that's it. No offers to help 🙄

A cart I picked today....and it didn't fall over!

You are probably getting hammered cause at least my store and stores near me have no TP or paper towels. So I have a feeling those orders have hammered stores that have stock.. Even when we have stock we are limiting to two pieces of TP, Paper towels, disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer or sprays. So at least more people get something..

We’re getting absolutely slammed with paper products today! Most of it was on the truck, too, we had a double today

Something Cool and Good Target could do is actually send supplies in a consistent and reliable way. Sure, we have plenty of 126s for the morons who buy one bag of chips or one eyeliner, but can't put lamps in those!

I tend to think and hope items like that are part of a bigger order that was INF’ed at another store.

Its very odd when batches manage to stick to one section. Usually they're all over the place, but my batches last night were strangely single dept give or take like 2 items. One was all girls, another all women, another all health and beauty, another all infants. It would be so much easier if all batches were like this, then maybe my picking metrics would be higher, lol.

We’re getting absolutely slammed with paper products today! Most of it was on the truck, too, we had a double today

There was some sort of OPU deal going on(sorry for not having details Sun/Mon are my off days) and we got a double as well to resupply stores around Seattle who have been cleaned out over the Coronavirus panic. I am getting texts from co-workers that two people called out, we are slammed and no one is helping them to busy with the double. And most of the orders are for paper/cleaning products that are still in damn trailer.

Yet my phone hasn't rung. I guess I will just get help clean it up tomorrow.

I think I've got my interview prep down. My coworker just went through the process and got her promotion so she's been helping me. I did a run through with my SD today and she said I did great. She also told me she wishes they had the same position to offer me so they could keep me and if they ever do get it she's taking me back, LOL. My ETL was off today but texted me to tell me she is there for me on or off the clock so we are going over everything again tomorrow. I printed up some things I made for our team and my SD seemed to like them and asked for copies. Tomorrow is going to drag, lol. Thursday can't come fast enough. I love my store and my team, but I'm ready for a new challenge and to move on.

Back