Any tips on faster pack scores? I thought I was packing fairly fast but still 88 UPH. How does someone do 130+??? Also does the timer start as soon as you scan the last container box or as soon as you scan the first item for the container?

Filling in as a lead for my SFS team while our regular is on leave - does anyone have a SFS supply list that you use to remind yourself which supplies to check when ordering? Thx

Any tips on faster pack scores? I thought I was packing fairly fast but still 88 UPH. How does someone do 130+??? Also does the timer start as soon as you scan the last container box or as soon as you scan the first item for the container?
Some tips:
1. Make sure everything is prepped before you go to pack.

2. Either group orders together in the cart/ on the pack station or if you're like me and toss things in the cart while picking, put like items together so you can easily see and access what you need to pack.

3. Have a scan sheet of the box barcodes at the ready (I actually cut them out and taped them to the pack station so as I reach for a box I scan the barcode).

4. Always have an excess of bubbles at the ready!

5. Don't stress too much about going fast or you'll just make mistakes and slow yourself down.

6. If you need to pause or walk away from your pack station at all exit the pack screen to the main menu of P&S so it doesnt keep counting.

Some tips:
1. Make sure everything is prepped before you go to pack.

2. Either group orders together in the cart/ on the pack station or if you're like me and toss things in the cart while picking, put like items together so you can easily see and access what you need to pack.

3. Have a scan sheet of the box barcodes at the ready (I actually cut them out and taped them to the pack station so as I reach for a box I scan the barcode).

4. Always have an excess of bubbles at the ready!

5. Don't stress too much about going fast or you'll just make mistakes and slow yourself down.

6. If you need to pause or walk away from your pack station at all exit the pack screen to the main menu of P&S so it doesnt keep counting.

For 6, what if I just swipe left on the app to close the pack screen. Does it stop counting?

For 6, what if I just swipe left on the app to close the pack screen. Does it stop counting?
I honestly don't know? Probably. As long as it's completely out of the pack screen it shouldn't be counting anymore. As in, closed/exited and not just minimized.

Prepping is definitely key. And we really don't have a choice now anyway with the new Prep tool on the device. But I've been consistently in the green and practically have the most packed units almost every week since Christmas time and I have found the major difference is having everything prepped beforehand, making sure your tape/zebra printer is full, making sure you're good on packing supplies on your station, etc... before you get going.

Prepping is definitely key. And we really don't have a choice now anyway with the new Prep tool on the device. But I've been consistently in the green and practically have the most packed units almost every week since Christmas time and I have found the major difference is having everything prepped beforehand, making sure your tape/zebra printer is full, making sure you're good on packing supplies on your station, etc... before you get going.

Besides prepping, do you make the box first or scan items, then scan box # first?

I'm not sure how others do it, but I scan the items first and then put together the box, and then after I have it all taped up, then I scan the box and the label. Its just the method that's worked for me, but I'm sure others do it your way or differently. Sometimes even if it says a specific box, it winds up being too small or too big so its another reason I scan after putting it all together.

If you feel really confident in your ability to judge an order, you can also pre-make your boxes. Like, if an order is a bottle of Tylenol, you know it's gonna be a 126. Of course, this requires you to have a lot of space to make boxes to sit around (not happening these days, God help us all) and if you misjudge, it may take you longer to attempt to fit, give up and make a new box than it would've to build the box correctly while in the pack menu 😄

Somehow we're still managing our workload while down a packing station. It does help that us TMs have really just ignored what the ETLs want us to do and run our own little show of who picks, preps, and packs. However it is unsustainable in the near future due to that packing station.

we Have one Tm who preps everything , and one Tm who sorts everything ( sometimes it’s the same person) .
I can visualize the size of boxes for the order. So usually I build the box first and then scan and drop the items in box ( therefore only touching the item once ) , As soon as the collate is printed I scan it then finish the box !
pack time is usually in the 200 .
Keep your desk clean ! we have barcodes taped on the shelf above our packing station !

Today my ETL said company wide we have 1.2 million orders backlogged. No wonder we’re feeling exhausted trying to train everyone an keep up 🙃
Target is really not handling this correctly... they should really be staggering the orders more instead us having do 10k in one day when we literally don’t have the manpower to do so and just let the guests know that there’s going to be a delay :/ almost everything we’re shipping is nonessential too

I scolded my sister for ordering clothes from us online the other day. Told her she's being cursed out by whomever has to pick that order and rightly so, and where the hell was she going to wear those damn dresses and shoes anyway?

Target is really not handling this correctly... they should really be staggering the orders more instead us having do 10k in one day when we literally don’t have the manpower to do so and just let the guests know that there’s going to be a delay :/ almost everything we’re shipping is nonessential too
There is a message on some home essentials that says something like items may be delayed at this time.

I scolded my sister for ordering clothes from us online the other day. Told her she's being cursed out by whomever has to pick that order and rightly so, and where the hell was she going to wear those damn dresses and shoes anyway?
No offense but I wouldn’t want to order clothes. Idk who touched those in the store and they still don’t really know how long the virus lasts on inanimate objects. Why risk it when like you said I have nowhere to wear them 😂

You could do what I've been doing with non-perishable food and toiletries. It stays in the bag untouched (often left in the car) for a few days before I put it away. My dining room looks like a tornado hit it and my car looks trashed inside, but the virus has a few days to die before I handle it again.

I always keep a can in each bathroom and one under the kitchen sink. Two of them are only about a quarter full, but I had just replaced one not that long ago so it's more than half full. I said the other day that if we can ever find them in a store again I will stock up!

My sister is a big hand sanitizer person so she's guarding her three bottles like they are gold, lol.

Back