Don't acknowledge the truck until the push is done.

Don't acknowledge the truck until the UNLOAD is done.

If the Super Sorting is done correctly, finding freight on vehicles should be fairly easy (sure, repacks are still troublesome, but the sort should separate them by their fillgroups and you should still be able to find that random Pharmacy item or Seasonal item without opening EVERY REPACK from the unload. Scheduling should have prioritizes those areas to be pushed early these days anyway.

Acknowledging the truck prior to unload is where the real pain happens. Orders will drop for items in the unload, and those items might not come off the trailer until hours after the unload process has started. That's a real issue if you're trying to complete OPUs before the store opens.

If the Super Sorting is done correctly, finding freight on vehicles should be fairly easy (sure, repacks are still troublesome, but the sort should separate them by their fillgroups and you should still be able to find that random Pharmacy item or Seasonal item without opening EVERY REPACK from the unload. Scheduling should have prioritizes those areas to be pushed early these days anyway.

Acknowledging the truck prior to unload is where the real pain happens. Orders will drop for items in the unload, and those items might not come off the trailer until hours after the unload process has started. That's a real issue if you're trying to complete OPUs before the store opens.
I still don’t like this. The point of acknowledging your truck before your autos doesn’t go away just because autos did.

When to acknowledge the truck is moot right now. We're typically walking in to around 200 DPCIs in the OPU queue that have come between the time the store closed and inbounds has arrived. It's more than safe to acknowledge at that point because by the time all of those get picked and fulfillment needs to worry about new orders for just arrived product not only is the trailer unloaded, but PP1 has been pushed out as well.

I still don’t like this. The point of acknowledging your truck before your autos doesn’t go away just because autos did.

Autos were locked batches. So you needed to drop them after receiving the truck or they would assume the truck never arrived. They also used a different accumulator metric to determine size of batch.

1-4-1s use a see a hole, fill a hole metric, so if you drop and pull it before the truck is acknowledged, you'll just have a few more cases of backstock, likely. If you drop it and receive the truck and then pull it, it should adjust to the updated floor quantities (Something the autos didn't do). So, it's kind of like a living batch.

Autos were locked batches. So you needed to drop them after receiving the truck or they would assume the truck never arrived. They also used a different accumulator metric to determine size of batch.

1-4-1s use a see a hole, fill a hole metric, so if you drop and pull it before the truck is acknowledged, you'll just have a few more cases of backstock, likely. If you drop it and receive the truck and then pull it, it should adjust to the updated floor quantities (Something the autos didn't do). So, it's kind of like a living batch.
I get that but your P1 should be pulling their 1-1 before the truck team is done unloading and once the batch is in progress it doesn’t update.

I get that but your P1 should be pulling their 1-1 before the truck team is done unloading and once the batch is in progress it doesn’t update.

Guess we'll agree to disagree on what is important; regarding why a truck should or shouldn't be acknowledged, before/after it's unloaded.

Target is really not handling this correctly... they should really be staggering the orders more instead us having do 10k in one day when we literally don’t have the manpower to do so and just let the guests know that there’s going to be a delay :/ almost everything we’re shipping is nonessential too

I scolded my sister for ordering clothes from us online the other day. Told her she's being cursed out by whomever has to pick that order and rightly so, and where the hell was she going to wear those damn dresses and shoes anyway?

I have to ask what the hell exactly do you people want? Y'all want people not purchasing non-essential in-store, but then complain when people buy non-essential stuff online?

I have to ask what the hell exactly do you people want? Y'all want people not purchasing non-essential in-store, but then complain when people buy non-essential stuff online?
Just don’t buy it I’ve had enough of capitalism

Clearly you don't have to pick their orders. I'm so fucking tired of people ordering nonessential shit.
I totally understand your frustration, but in these times people may be self-soothing with some retail therapy and looking for a little joy and something to look forward to. And as @jenna said, better online than in store. The less people in the stores the better.

If stores can shift hours to SFS to support the Karens and their retail therapy, cool.

Regardless, it still falls into "I am an individual so I demand individual satisfaction" when we are in a serious "Fuck you we have to be a collective society," of which we as essential employees are bearing an unfair burden.

I was not psychologically prepared to get promoted, move to a new store with a new team, take over from a TL who checked out and left little to no supplies, and have another 4th quarter. The Target gods are having a good laugh. I will survive, I always do. But Fuck.

So Ship is apparently adding overnights to the schedule now (at least in my area) to try and make a dent in the overwhelming orders we've been getting.

I went on unpaid LOA for my family's health 2 weeks ago, but just got enticed back with the promise of an empty store and doing what I love for 8 hours a night a few days a week.

Back