Guest service does it at my store but if I remember correctly it’s technically fulfillment’s responsibility

We're starting to see more clothes drop in for SFS. I hate it.
We literally hit a wall of nothing but softlines this afternoon. 1000+ units out of 7000+ of nothing but clothes. It was so bad that the softlines tms that were stolen for flex were complaining to me that they couldn't find softlines.
Guest service does it at my store but if I remember correctly it’s technically fulfillment’s responsibility
It's owned by Guest Services according to my OD

The Workday training for Fulfillment has the RTS process included so technically it should be done by Fulfillment but my store has GS do it and it works well. But fulfillment is supposed to put it all in a 3-tier and stock it back to the floor (the reverse of picking) instead of GS just throwing it in a reshop bin for the GM Team. It adds more steps to the process to get it back to the floor having GS do it but oh well.

Is Guest Services supposed to own RTS now or is it still under Flex? At my old store GS took over, and at my new store they maintain we should do it. I'm off this weekend so I couldn't dig around on workbench, but has there been something from corporate about this? Or is it on a store by store basis?

Guest service takes care of RTS and fulfillment takes of backroom locations when we’re told of it.
Fulfillment is in charge of picking OPU and SFS at my store with Guest Service bringing out Drive-Ups if that makes a difference.

It's been pretty fluid at my store too. If I notice them and GS is slammed with Drive-Ups I'll knock it out quickly.

We're starting to see more clothes drop in for SFS. I hate it.
Aw, I love it. After picking and packing pet food and litter most of the day I almost cried with joy seeing my last cart was clothes and shoes.

I don't get how the Greenfield metrics for OPUs work. It says my picks per hour was only 19 something, which isn't the case. And that my total hours spent picking was 10 hours (I wasn't even there for 10 hours). So how does that work? Especially when I check the MPM the day of and it seemed to indicate I was doing better than that throughout the day.

I don't get how the Greenfield metrics for OPUs work. It says my picks per hour was only 19 something, which isn't the case. And that my total hours spent picking was 10 hours (I wasn't even there for 10 hours). So how does that work? Especially when I check the MPM the day of and it seemed to indicate I was doing better than that throughout the day.
This isn’t really answering your question but why are you worrying what it says on greenfield? Unless you have been talked to about your performance based on what shows on greenfield, you can already see what it says in MPM so I’m not really sure why you’re concerned about it. o_O Unless you are leadership over that department and you’re trying to check on your team then in which case I apologize

Did you forget to sign out of the device?

Basically, Greenfield productivity is broken for individual TMs. My ETL tried to explain to me once how it works. The important takeaway is that Greenfield is useful for looking at the store's total productivity, and not so much for indvidual TMs except for extreme outliers. So, as @Dog said, unless you're being talked to about it, don't worry about it.

I think one way pick productivity gets messed up on Greenfield is if you take over paused carts that have been sitting for a while. So if TMx finishes a cart that was paused for five hours, if somehow takes that into your "total hours" picked since the UPH is low and you have say, 250 units picked on the day.

I haven't seen any of the new boxes yet, but I'm super glad to hear we have different box dimensions after being forced to scan which box we're fitting to each order for half a year.
Is Guest Services supposed to own RTS now or is it still under Flex? At my old store GS took over, and at my new store they maintain we should do it. I'm off this weekend so I couldn't dig around on workbench, but has there been something from corporate about this? Or is it on a store by store basis?
GS still owns it at our store, they just hit it a couple times a day and add the items to reshop.

And today, I realized that the boxes that I thought were the new 280s are actually the new 278s. WTF? They're so tiny now! They now use the 30-inch tape just like 280s, whereas the 278s use 36 inches. I have no idea how things like the big TP and paper towel packs are going to fit.

And today, I realized that the boxes that I thought were the new 280s are actually the new 278s. WTF? They're so tiny now! They now use the 30-inch tape just like 280s, whereas the 278s use 36 inches. I have no idea how things like the big TP and paper towel packs are going to fit.

Then you got the wrong boxes, ours are a 42 for the tape and are actually bigger.. S13 I think they are.

Then you got the wrong boxes, ours are a 42 for the tape and are actually bigger.. S13 I think they are.

You know what I realized it was today? We were given a sheet (seemingly from Workbench) to label our packing stations with new numbers, and it had the numbers flipped! They said L10s were 278s and L13s were 280s. I found it strange that the L10s weren't supposed to be as big as the box with the bigger numbers, but why wouldn't we trust Workbench? But then I realized when packing today that it was calling for 278/L13 and I was confused. 😄

So, the good news is that 278s haven't dramatically shrank. Bad news? I can't tell you for sure if they've changed size, because we have neither 278s nor L13s. 🙄

You know what I realized it was today? We were given a sheet (seemingly from Workbench) to label our packing stations with new numbers, and it had the numbers flipped! They said L10s were 278s and L13s were 280s. I found it strange that the L10s weren't supposed to be as big as the box with the bigger numbers, but why wouldn't we trust Workbench? But then I realized when packing today that it was calling for 278/L13 and I was confused. 😄

So, the good news is that 278s haven't dramatically shrank. Bad news? I can't tell you for sure if they've changed size, because we have neither 278s nor L13s. 🙄

At least you figured out the issue. Sucks you are out of boxes. Our rule is once you crack open a pallet order another one. But we are not doing like 3000 orders a day, more like a 1000 so we still have that time we can actually get an order in before we run out. Any larger volume I would want a open pallet then a pallet in reserve and one on order.

The 280 seem to be close to the old ones, maybe just a bit taller, the 278 are also taller and loger. But I don't think they are as wide.

Last edited:
Fuck these new boxes. Why'd they have to change the 454 size? Now all these items that nicely fit into 454 will have to go in 280s and waste space and extra packing.
For fucks sake target, go suck a giant donkey dick will ya.

So....

we have UPS drop a trailer each day for outbound fulfillment. Yesterday, I opened up the trailer, put the leveler across, and turned on the light and the fan. I pushed a pallet in and saw something gleaming in the floor. Two switchblades, one with blade opened, were on the floor next to each other. Not what I expect to see in an empty trailer.

Called AP, they gathered them up (wearing gloves) and took them away.....

Wondering if they called UPS, "So, anybody missing anything ?". I'll ask tomorrow when I am back in.

Back