Does anybody know if there is a way on Greenfield to see who picked what guest order after it's been put into a location?
You can look it up on your device. Go to the chat help bot thing. You can look it up based on order number or dpci. I think outbound-->fulfillment--> order inquiry--> order number
It will list tm number and location along with items in order.

You can look it up on your device. Go to the chat help bot thing. You can look it up based on order number or dpci. I think outbound-->fulfillment--> order inquiry--> order number
It will list tm number and location along with items in order.
You can match the TM number to the TM using workday (TL/HR and above only, I believe but not positive!)

So....

we have UPS drop a trailer each day for outbound fulfillment. Yesterday, I opened up the trailer, put the leveler across, and turned on the light and the fan. I pushed a pallet in and saw something gleaming in the floor. Two switchblades, one with blade opened, were on the floor next to each other. Not what I expect to see in an empty trailer.

Called AP, they gathered them up (wearing gloves) and took them away.....

Wondering if they called UPS, "So, anybody missing anything ?". I'll ask tomorrow when I am back in.

The Jets and Sharks must have been rumbling earlier. Not being a Nervous Nellie or a germaphobe I probably would have just picked them up and pocketed them.

I very much doubt they were "switchblades", probably retractable knives, I carry one all the time.

The Jets and Sharks must have been rumbling earlier. Not being a Nervous Nellie or a germaphobe I probably would have just picked them up and pocketed them.

I very much doubt they were "switchblades", probably retractable knives, I carry one all the time.

Well, Maria, glad to hear you're always prepared.....

Curious here, we have one carrier, UPS. From what I understand, unsorted collates/boxes autosort at 6:30pm. So why are we spending valuable time sorting them? I get other stores have multiple carriers. But we don't. Is it just to fulfill some metric. Can someone explain please?

Curious here, we have one carrier, UPS. From what I understand, unsorted collates/boxes autosort at 6:30pm. So why are we spending valuable time sorting them? I get other stores have multiple carriers. But we don't. Is it just to fulfill some metric. Can someone explain please?
Sort on time.

Isn't that an irrelevant metric since they autosort?

I get it's a metric. But if it doesn't make a difference in value to the guest, why waste valuable time doing it.
You will get slowed down or shut off if you go under 90% sort on time. In an ideal world, if boxes were sorted correctly, you would be able to track if and when that order got on the carrier's truck. If you let it auto manifest instead of sorting it correctly, that box possibly could've been missed and now there's the potential of the guest not getting their order. Sort correctly if you don't want your dtl or od on you real quick~

You will get slowed down or shut off if you go under 90% sort on time. In an ideal world, if boxes were sorted correctly, you would be able to track if and when that order got on the carrier's truck. If you let it auto manifest instead of sorting it correctly, that box possibly could've been missed and now there's the potential of the guest not getting their order. Sort correctly if you don't want your dtl or od on you real quick~

So what we do now is ....... pack pack pack, fill up a uboat, push it to the pallet, sort them, etc.

We check the sort function about once an hour and type in any that are missed.

How does thos protect the guest from not getting a missed box versus letting it autosort?

This isn't MY system. This is SD, etls, and tl's do. They see us doing it.

So unless they are doing it wrong, I don't get how it's helping the guest.

So what we do now is ....... pack pack pack, fill up a uboat, push it to the pallet, sort them, etc.

We check the sort function about once an hour and type in any that are missed.

How does thos protect the guest from not getting a missed box versus letting it autosort?

This isn't MY system. This is SD, etls, and tl's do. They see us doing it.

So unless they are doing it wrong, I don't get how it's helping the guest.

You want the dirty truth, it's cause stores doing shady ass shit of picking and scanning out orders and not packing them for days. Now it has to be tracked to death.

Back