Question, what's faster for picking... following the awful pathing they assign or skipping for items in the dept. your in??? Trying to find ways to up my productivity which is green but I want to be faster! I'm still in the learning phase.

Question, what's faster for picking... following the awful pathing they assign or skipping for items in the dept. your in??? Trying to find ways to up my productivity which is green but I want to be faster! I'm still in the learning phase.

Usually skipping is better, but sometimes it's more of a bother than not. It kind of depends on the overall batch. How many bulk items are in it? How many potential problem items are in there? How many items do you have to skip through over and over again to get a better path? Etc.

Do what seems right to you for your workflow. You don't have to be perfect. The more practice you get the better feel you'll get about what's right to do in the moment when you check the task list. Every batch is different. You'll get the hang of it.

I always tell TMs that I don't give a shit about productivity. Don't mention it to me. (Mine is actually the best in my store on a daily basis so I have some authority here.) Work fast. Work smart. Find shit. Productivity follows from doing that. Accuracy >>>>>>> Producitivity. I have some fulfillment TMs who like to have productivity contests. I not only pass on that shit, it makes me cringe. Speed comes with experience. You're new. Focus on doing everything right. Productivity is meaningless if you're leaving potentially fulfilled orders on the table or not putting OPUs to hold correctly.

Last edited:
How do you know they are rush orders since they combined Standard & Rush?
They're doing Standard / Rush at my store as one category but then putting rush underneath that category into its own subcategory. For example, it'll say

Standard / Rush 188(319)
Rush 4(4)
Standard 184(315)

They're doing Standard / Rush at my store as one category but then putting rush underneath that category into its own subcategory. For example, it'll say

Standard / Rush 188(319)
Rush 4(4)
Standard 184(315)
Ahhh, gotcha. I didn’t know it would pop back in by itself when there were rush orders.

It tends to either rap around the roller and eject ripped in half or it just refuses to print at all. I have gotten used to it and can normally get it to work. If you don't rip the label off correctly you have to mess with it to even print the next label. I am not the only one having trouble with it, everyone has had problems.
We had that exact same problem. We figured out a solution, though. What print mode (I think that's what it's called, need to verify) are your printers on?

Yes. & OPU for ours.

We haven't been told to do it for OPUs. But, we seem to be on a don't ask don't tell policy about it. The most that's been said is te Specialty Sales ETL repeatedly asking us if we're at least checking quarantine to see if there's anything we can take. It doesn't really matter too much. Our style inventory has gotten so fucked up in the last 2 months. We went from usually been green or yellow in style to around 20% INF everyday now. As a store, we've done everything we can. The zone is looking great again. Freight is getting pushed. The backroom has been purged. The fitting room closet has been cleaned. We just don't have this shit.

Typing in the cart has always been the fastest way for me but others print one out for opus. I find it's too time consuming to print one for every ship cart you work on.
I type them in too. It's annoying but better than carrying one more thing.

Another solution is to take a pic with your phone and scan that.

We haven't been told to do it for OPUs. But, we seem to be on a don't ask don't tell policy about it. The most that's been said is te Specialty Sales ETL repeatedly asking us if we're at least checking quarantine to see if there's anything we can take. It doesn't really matter too much. Our style inventory has gotten so fucked up in the last 2 months. We went from usually been green or yellow in style to around 20% INF everyday now. As a store, we've done everything we can. The zone is looking great again. Freight is getting pushed. The backroom has been purged. The fitting room closet has been cleaned. We just don't have this shit.
Us, too. We had a total of 36 units requested of the girls 7-8 pink bike shorts. We had none after I originally picked the last 2 earlier that morning. Every TM had at the least 2 or more in several batches. My TL did a once over the entire store to verify we had none left.

I love it when my ETL waits until 4:30 PM, on a night I was scheduled until 8PM, to tell me they need me at 5AM the next day. I left an hour early, but damn I hate that.

We have found that the Style team is using the RFID on all the OPU holds and has scanned the pallets of SFS waiting to go out. So we found where some of our ghosts are coming from. I am letting my ETL who was furious when I asked if they should be scanning the holds and pallets handle it since our Style ETL is brand new and gunning to make her numbers look good while stomping on anyone in her way.

We have found that the Style team is using the RFID on all the OPU holds and has scanned the pallets of SFS waiting to go out. So we found where some of our ghosts are coming from. I am letting my ETL who was furious when I asked if they should be scanning the holds and pallets handle it since our Style ETL is brand new and gunning to make her numbers look good while stomping on anyone in her way.

JFC. Style's RFID day is my normal day off, so I don't know if they are doing that. It doesn't seem like something our Specialty Sales ETL would do, but I'll tell my replacement for the day to watch out for it. Thanks for the head's up.

Back