We're having a meeting with SD about style INF tomorrow. The store average is sitting at about 12%. In late March/early April we (style) were still finding most of what was ordered, but now the numbers just seem WAY off. System is telling us things were delivered that definitely aren't on the truck, orders dropping for items we haven't had in months!
See stuff like that is obviously a shipment problem and not your fault in anyway. Though for us, style items are relativity reliable picks. It used to be terrible but it seems fine now. That being said, I will probably go in on Saturday and everything will be fucked up so I'm knocking on wood about this.

Why have things gone from 100 to 0 all of a sudden? Everything has been incredibly slow this past week. Very few orders are dropping in both SFS and even order pick ups have been minuscule in comparison to what we were getting before.

More people are out doing their own shopping and other stores are starting to open up. That makes less work. Still though, even though OPU orders have dropped considerably, we've hardly gone back to normal. We're getting about 40% of what we were at the peak of the crisis, but that's still around double of what we were getting before shit hit the fan. I suspect that's our new normal and it will stay about there until BTS kicks in hard the bad time that we must not speak about.

I should not have to contact the PMT at my old store to look up a part # because my new PMT has been giving me the run-around for a month. Yet here we are. Thankfully the old one is super helpful and will look into it for me. The shelves on my prep stations were never put on. I have the shelves, but no brackets to attach them. I need the shelves for the hex wrap stands. We have had the roll on the old rod for the bubble wrap but it's too heavy and is slowly messing up the prep stands. I wanted to get everything set up before BTS.

I live the new STS update, you no longer have to scan each item in an order into a hold location. Now you scan all items first, then it prints the label, then you scan it in. It tells you to not bag anything anymore, but I know my S&E ETL will flip out with boxes everywhere, lol.
Yeah I thought it was super weird that it doesn’t want you to bag the stuff

I type them in too. It's annoying but better than carrying one more thing.

Another solution is to take a pic with your phone and scan that.

Great idea on the pic w/ phone!

On another note, anyone else notice Aunt Jemima products flying off the shelves after Quaker's announcement?

Fucking collector hoarders.

I put a sign up telling my team to disregard the no bags nonsense for STS.

In other news, I wandered back to check on my team before I left for the day. One of my newbies was sweeping up our area/receiving/the line. Completely on his own. He told me he still had 10 minutes and nothing to pack so he thought he would clean. I love that kid, lol.

In other news, I wandered back to check on my team before I left for the day. One of my newbies was sweeping up our area/receiving/the line. Completely on his own. He told me he still had 10 minutes and nothing to pack so he thought he would clean. I love that kid, lol.
Can I steal him? Literally no one on my team but me sweeps. I finally get around to it every few weeks and it's just mounds of paper backings, stray bags, dust, and who knows what else behind each packing station. 😭

I put a sign up telling my team to disregard the no bags nonsense for STS.

I would death drop from shock but I would never get back up. I swear I am the only one who empties the trash. How do I know this? A sbux I bought and had in the back(yeah I know I shouldn't) was at the bottom of the trash three days later when I came back from my days off. My name was on the cup. Three fucking days..

So you got a good one.. Even if they are slow they care.. Keeper material you got there.

Trash, hangers, and supplies are part of the closing routine for my team. I need to add sweeping in ;) The OPU team also has a nightly routine to tidy up.

One thing we did to encourage supply restocking was to fill lower shelves in our steel with box bundles. The bigger boxes are in the steel above the pack stations but can be reached with the step stool. That way everybody can easily grab and fill. Maybe twice a week we bring in a pallet or two and condense them at the stations.

And you are so right about keeping the ones who care. Speed and skill can be developed, but if they don't have the heart it can be pointless.

We throw trash all over the floor and rarely empty the provided trash can.

: high five! :

By “we,” I mean not me, but practically every other tm member with the exception of maybe 4 others. Our BR desperately needs to be swept - except my area!

Does anyone know how productivity is calculated? Can't pull for 60 hours when I'm scheduled less then 40.......

Our cleaning crew empties our trash for us every morning. Which is awesome. We sweep behind everything once a month on average. Our night crew is ok about cleaning up- they have gotten so much better though so I'll take it. I used to spend around an hour each morning cleaning and stocking supplies.

We sweep every night between 4.30 and 5! Trash is getting dumped etc ...
and we bring pallets of boxes down to restock !
once a week we move the tables and clean behind everything !

You know who sweeps, me or the Inbound TL or the receiver. The rest of my team will literally walk out in the middle of prepping or packing an order. Leaving the items on the pack/prep tables, leaving all the trash, their cart and everything else all over the floor. When they pack boxes and bags get tossed wherever. They won't use the crown to drop a pallet but will get the wave and take bundles off leaving it unbalanced or worse the empty board in the steel. The best ones is where the pallets still have the straps and they can't reach to cut them from the wave so the move the next pallet of the same box and cut that one open and do the same thing to that one.. So half pallets in the steel everywhere.

And again see my post above about the three day old sbux in the trash.. Pretty gross.

I would love to only spend an hour a day cleaning up.

There seems to be a distinct difference between those who clean up and those who don't. And its about 10-15 years in age. The older ones just clean up the young ones can't be bothered.

Back