Our TL is out with Covid, and our overnights are run till 2am by the closing lead and and then truck lead comes in. So it's a whole other realm of "wtf going on in fulfillment rn".

And it's not so much they have no time to communicate. OPU is running fine, it's our Ship that's sinking and the veterans there are being treated (by captains with less experience) as if they're no better than seasonals themselves. This was just brought to my attention and idk how to help my vets, who I still feel responsible for since I trained them. I guess I can't really do anything, though...

Not much you can do. Be a sympathetic ear, but don't bash the "captain." You can validate their feelings without making things worse.

I am a seasoned vet, who was treated like trash for a bit. The asshole TL has cooled off a little, but I almost quit at one point due to that TL treating me like shit.

If it's really bad, can the veteran workers talk to HR? My issue wasn't that bad, but if it got worse, I was going to talk to HR in hopes he would tell my TL to chill out.

I totally realize that some HR ETLs are no help, and understand if your vets don't feel comfortable talking to her/him.

Not much you can do. Be a sympathetic ear, but don't bash the "captain." You can validate their feelings without making things worse.

I am a seasoned vet, who was treated like trash for a bit. The asshole TL has cooled off a little, but I almost quit at one point due to that TL treating me like shit.

If it's really bad, can the veteran workers talk to HR? My issue wasn't that bad, but if it got worse, I was going to talk to HR in hopes he would tell my TL to chill out.

I totally realize that some HR ETLs are no help, and understand if your vets don't feel comfortable talking to her/him.
Thank you for your insight!

I have nothing against the captain personally, as I haven't worked with her since she switched to fulfillment in May. So no bashing on my part, haha, just concern that leadership is leading her to think she is some sort of pseudo-lead who controls everyone else. A very long-time GM TM whos helped fulfillment for years when needed has even had her try and boss them around. Like...yikes?

The TM most upset won't go to HR or our ETL, even when I urged, unfortunately. So you're right, all I can do is listen and empower my team to advocate for themselves and their work. They all do awesome, and I'm proud of how they're doing and helping the seasonals out. I just don't want target to lose them because no one values their voices.

We are forecasted for 8400 in opu, not including grocery. Half the grid is fulfillment, lol.
Same here forecasted at just over 12000 total lol how has your week been because my forecasts this week are just about spot on instead of the double/triple it was last week. Its about the same amount in actual orders we are getting, maybe just slightly more. But i have 45 hours of call outs yesterday and 60 today and im still sending atlesst 3 people to help support gm lol.

Same here forecasted at just over 12000 total lol how has your week been because my forecasts this week are just about spot on instead of the double/triple it was last week. Its about the same amount in actual orders we are getting, maybe just slightly more. But i have 45 hours of call outs yesterday and 60 today and im still sending atlesst 3 people to help support gm lol.
They have been much closer this week. One thing I'm pushing with my team is that they pick opu with the same speed even after it resets for the night. I want to try and get over forecast as much as possible.

Resident box gremlin, between the multiple unloads overnight and having to hunt down items that are there I’m usually not able to do so at night so I ask dayside to do so but it doesn’t get to it usually.

We have 9000 forecast for OPU, 8500 on SFS. 89 people sched for fulfillment (including OPU). Tomorrow morning we will see if it comes true, or if, due to UPS, we have a lot of TMs working freight, zoning and cleaning.

You'd think with as little SFS as stores have been doing in the past 2 weeks that Target would just unload on Black Friday cause they have to get orders shipped. Our store has like 9000 OPU's and originally 2,000 SFS but we got reduced to 800 I think when they messed with the forecasts in early November.

Is the option to print a new label when stowing for individual large items/bags only at some stores? I don’t do a lot of order picking but when I do it seems as if the label only prints after scanning all items in an order and then there is just the option to hit reprint.

Is the option to print a new label when stowing for individual large items/bags only at some stores? I don’t do a lot of order picking but when I do it seems as if the label only prints after scanning all items in an order and then there is just the option to hit reprint.

You need to hit Create Label for each bag and bulk item.

This is what we're looking at tomorrow. 3 weeks ago, it was double this. We were downgraded (I was told it's because UPS can't support the numbers… because they're supporting Amazon this year). Those Drive-up numbers are worrisome though, we'll need an Army of runners tomorrow.
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 1.38.39 PM.png

Edit: Looking back at the past year's workload, we had similar numbers around April/May, and we were NOT nearly as prepared or stacked to handle those numbers then. So, maybe I'm being overly worried for nothing.

Last edited:
Wonder if Target will find another source to replace UPS if they are going to cause Target to miss millions in SFS.
Supposedly we have a second carrier for us, OnTrac, that is/was supposed to supplement UPS, but we have not heard a peep about them.

Supposedly we have a second carrier for us, OnTrac, that is/was supposed to supplement UPS, but we have not heard a peep about them.
Didn't spot also suspend ship to store orders? cause Tuesday was my last day and we usually get bombed on Tuesday with UPS and we got like three packages. Even the week before it was light. And we though it was strange with all the sales we had going on. On-Trac we usually see a few from during the week but not enough to matter..

My store doesn’t do UPS but somehow we still got 90% of our forecast cut? And our carriers come by with nearly nothing for us to give them. I’m confused!

My store doesn’t do UPS but somehow we still got 90% of our forecast cut? And our carriers come by with nearly nothing for us to give them. I’m confused!
It definitely feels weird having felt busier in March/April than we are now. UPS only store but still it just fills me with dread because I feel like I should be far more stressed than I am right now

Getting ready for my midnight-8 shift and fully expecting no orders. We were solely UPS until about three weeks ago, when FedEx came into the mix, but that's still not coming close to UPS' volume (and I've noticed that all the FedEx orders are within 90 miles of our store, unlike UPS, where we ship all around the country).

If they think they're sending me home, they're wrong. I'll do anything at this point. If things are this bad in Q4, Q1 will be like firing us in terms of hour cuts! I need to get them now while I'm on the schedule!

Black Friday! So how has it been? I got the closing shift today, any last minute changes (24 hour goal times like last year maybe?). Have you been swamped or normal in OPUs?

Black Friday! So how has it been? I got the closing shift today, any last minute changes (24 hour goal times like last year maybe?). Have you been swamped or normal in OPUs?
Not bad at all for OPU and SFS. Heavier than normal, but having the deals all month long really spread the volume out. We also staffed heavier based on the forecast and doesn't look like we will end up meeting it. Still early in the day, so it could end up blowing up after everyone wakes up from their turkey comas

Forecast of just under 6k. Came in to 4800 and another 750 in opu. By 8 they had it half way done and that’s with people underperforming and half the schedule never having done sfs. I feel good about them.

Back