We did around 600 eaches and a little less than 300 orders, with 56 hours of payroll.

Didn't have any major issues and everyone worked pretty much seamlessly. We even have a closer for the first time so far this year, so they should be able to make a nice dent in the ship tomorrow workload. If the rest of our peak days are like this, we'll be in great shape.

The only thing that concerns me is that we didn't really get an accurate picture of how OPUs will affect us on a busy day. I remember reading somewhere that there will be a new workcenter for picking OPUs, and that it should be staffed from 8:30-5 every day, but I can't find it now. Hopefully that's a real thing and will take some pressure off of us during the day.

We finished at 1650 eaches and a little under 800 orders. Only problems today were missing items and missing collates from glitches from the new system~ We finished the truck before 5.

Ours actually went... pretty okay? We had two callouts and replaced one right away with a softlines girl that backed us up last year. Working at a pretty good pace, we finished up around 3:30 and only had a handful of INFs, so I suppose it was an accurate estimate of manpower to workload... though I think peak week is gonna be way heavier than this, so I'm gonna urge them to bring in people earlier.

We finished picking around at 9am.
The only thing that concerns me is that we didn't really get an accurate picture of how OPUs will affect us on a busy day. I remember reading somewhere that there will be a new workcenter for picking OPUs, and that it should be staffed from 8:30-5 every day, but I can't find it now. Hopefully that's a real thing and will take some pressure off of us during the day.

During thanksgiving week, my store has some people usually scheduled for flexible fulfillment have “OPU Pick” as their workcenter on some days. Shifts range from 7am-930pm I’m not sure if it means we’re doing only OPU or SFS but with OPU being our #1 priority.

Last edited:
There should be a designated payroll work center for SPUs. It’s under Backroom and is called OPU - Pick.
As of last week (or the week before—I forget) the SFS forecast has an SPU Forecast tab. I take it with a grain of salt, but it’s usual for seeing where in the week your workload should be clustered.

I learned SFS for the first time and it was actually relaxing! I helped pack. It’s so nice to not have to deal with guests and respond to calls. And I got to switch to channel 2 ☺️

Our stress test was pretty stressful lol.... I think I had every possible problem happen today lol..... we started with 1297 eaches @ 4am and got it all picked at around 9am...... had 2 team members NCNS..... had team members who never been trained to pick @ 4am or pack.... had one printer print over 200 old collates.... then Epick started kicking team members out of batches and not letting anyone back in around 8am ended up leaving @ 2:30 with 6 carts still in paused batches error 1103.... called CSC like 4 or 5 times today lol..... then had 7 pallets of web only backstock and 9 carts of web only backstock from the truck today..... can't remember how many orders we had today but we were at $20,500 @ 1:52pm with 188 orders still to pack and a 90% fill rate.....cant 4get my ETL Log boss came by the store today also.... he gave us some good advice about staying organized and How my job is to be like the Quarterback.... I have to do everything for the packers.... bring them carts and flats when they are full... going to try it out tomorrow....

Stress test: 600ish orders, 3 TMs scheduled, 1 at 6AM, the next one at 10. How do you think ours went?

Sounds like someone's STL/HR SrTL was banking hours for another day... or didn't bother to read ANY of the redwires about the stress test and therefore scheduled zero extra players in the game.

Sorry... that's rough.

The limitations of the first system were that only people with a PDA could pick OPUs. Now that the system is changed, anyone with a Zebra can pick them BUT, they need to have a SHP location to stow them for the short journey to their final hold location. I'm going to suggest printing up hold location cards that anyone with a Zebra can carry for picking flexes. Why should one person/team be responsible for something anyone in the store could do, especially when there isn't any payroll specifically for a team. BACKROOM, YOU HAVE A FLEX -> STORETEAM, WE HAVE A FLEX

Sounds like someone's STL/HR SrTL was banking hours for another day... or didn't bother to read ANY of the redwires about the stress test and therefore scheduled zero extra players in the game.

Sorry... that's rough.

I was on vacation so one read the REDwire. I will thank my STL though, she did schedule a TM straight out of orientation to be an extra to help us!

I was on vacation so one read the REDwire. I will thank my STL though, she did schedule a TM straight out of orientation to be an extra to help us!
Those STLs... always looking out for the team.

Through out last week and even into this week, we've had easily 20+ new TMs come through to be trained for SFS. Course, there wasn't a game plan on who will be training them or how they were going to be trained, so the only folks that knew how to pick/pack were paired with a trainee. Which anyone knows... you put an anchor on a speed boat, you ain't going fast. It hurt us. We typically rank in 1st/2nd in our group... last week's performance dropped us significantly.

he gave us some good advice about staying organized and How my job is to be like the Quarterback.... I have to do everything for the packers.... bring them carts and flats when they are full... going to try it out tomorrow....
That's how I would like to run the team and that's how I did it on Sunday, but most days it's just not realistic to spend 8 hours not picking a single batch.

The limitations of the first system were that only people with a PDA could pick OPUs. Now that the system is changed, anyone with a Zebra can pick them BUT, they need to have a SHP location to stow them for the short journey to their final hold location. I'm going to suggest printing up hold location cards that anyone with a Zebra can carry for picking flexes. Why should one person/team be responsible for something anyone in the store could do, especially when there isn't any payroll specifically for a team. BACKROOM, YOU HAVE A FLEX -> STORETEAM, WE HAVE A FLEX
We have a TLOD responsible for picking OPUs in the evening. I pretty much just told each of them that they need a cart and there's no way around it.

We labeled all of our vehicles in anticipation of the full Move rollout that didn't happen, so I did clue in a couple of the more competent people that they could scan one of those and then key in the loc 01 when they pick the item.

Pretty awful. There was essentially 3 of us for the same... if you don't count the seasonal hires who were useless.

We actually pulled ours off quite well, in all, we had 1600 orders, but we had a FLEET on. I came in to like 500 eaches (4am) to be picked, and i think by around 7-8am we had them down to ~230, so I went back to pack. I think by the end of the day we had 8 Pallets to ship out. To be honest though we had like 18 people scheduled in Flex, and a lot of the (later day) TM's I think were left with not much to do lol.

Brilliant plan, Create laminated sheets with Cart and Sub locations that can just be tagged to any vehicle, if you find yourself running out of Carts.

That's how I would like to run the team and that's how I did it on Sunday, but most days it's just not realistic to spend 8 hours not picking a single batch.

We have a TLOD responsible for picking OPUs in the evening. I pretty much just told each of them that they need a cart and there's no way around it.

We labeled all of our vehicles in anticipation of the full Move rollout that didn't happen, so I did clue in a couple of the more competent people that they could scan one of those and then key in the loc 01 when they pick the item.
When it asks to scan a cart to begin you can just click the magnifying glass and type in the cart number like shp aa and then when it asks for a subcart location just type in shp aa01

When it asks to scan a cart to begin you can just click the magnifying glass and type in the cart number like shp aa and then when it asks for a subcart location just type in shp aa01
Yeah but I don't really trust anyone to do that without fucking it up. Personally, I usually key in SHPFF to check orders or do a quick store pickup.

Is anyone else having issues with items dropping out of orders while packing? Today is the second day in a row it happened. After I had packed a cart I noticed there was one item remaining, with no collates left (for that cart). I looked it up in Order Inquiry to find out it was part of the order I just packed. The thing is, the MyDevice never had me scan the item. It called for the other four units in the order and then gave a "Container Complete" message.

I called CSC and gave them the order number. Not only was the order still active, that particular DPCI was still part of it—not canceled. Are we going to have to confirm we have everything for orders based on the collates? If so, packing will be much slower, especially for new people.

Is anyone else having issues with items dropping out of orders while packing? Today is the second day in a row it happened. After I had packed a cart I noticed there was one item remaining, with no collates left (for that cart). I looked it up in Order Inquiry to find out it was part of the order I just packed. The thing is, the MyDevice never had me scan the item. It called for the other four units in the order and then gave a "Container Complete" message.

I called CSC and gave them the order number. Not only was the order still active, that particular DPCI was still part of it—not canceled. Are we going to have to confirm we have everything for orders based on the collates? If so, packing will be much slower, especially for new people.

I've seen this happen when someone starts packing an order and stops. TM#1 scans the collates, scans Item A, stops packing for whatever reason and backs out of the order. TM#2 comes along, scans that collate, and since Item A has already been scanned in it only has them scan items B,C,D.

Granted I saw this happen a while back on the PDAs so I don't know if it's still possible.

Back