Has anyone heard about order caps for new ESFS locations? I've been told it still starts at a cap of 100 orders and stays there for at least a month, likely longer. It seems kind of a waste to do that with 4 trailers full of web-only items and supplies coming in.

There are going to be 42 ESFS added this year. Some are SFS conversions, some are new additions.

My my my. What's the 10-25 year business projection. Slowly transition out of being a walk in retail outlet.
Retrofit the sale-floors to warehouses for online product storage and 80%-100% of TM/TL/ETL become Log.

0QlV5a6.gif

@SFSFun The store I work at goes live with ESFS next month. Our Log. ETL said we are capped at 100 to start. She doesn't think it will stay that way for too long before it goes up.

Last edited:
@SFSFun The store at goes live with ESFS next month. Our Log. ETL said we are capped at 100 to start. She doesn't think it will stay that way for too long before it goes up.
I heard something similar but it could just be optimism instead of concrete info.

The SFS order forecast report only goes through September (maybe October?) and it shows the new ESFS stores listed at 100 for those few weeks. But that report also hasn't been updated in months...

ESFS? What's that exactly? I haven't kept up with SFS lately since all our cashiers left and they took me back to GS.

I do have some concerns with ESFS besides what came up at training. Our back room has been a mess. It is mostly due to the remodel. They took a lot of space away for ESFS. Overnight has been having a heck of a time getting everything pushed & back stocked. In all honesty every area has been effected by the remodel. I'm hoping at some point hopefully sooner rather than later. Did anyone else experience this when their store went through ESFS/SFS remodel? If so, what did your store do to get through it? Just looking for some suggestions to help myself & other co-workers get through this & maybe start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We're a regular SFS. The section of steel for our workstation was taken from a vendor spot so no item space lost. The receiving steel housing our boxes and other supplies weren't in use either. There was vague talk to expand our operation a while ago but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm just wondering if your store use Fragile stickers and This Side up stickers. I think our receiver talked to our pmt (she's the one who orders SFS supplies) because it's not part of our supplies.

I'm just wondering if your store use Fragile stickers and This Side up stickers. I think our receiver talked to our pmt (she's the one who orders SFS supplies) because it's not part of our supplies.
I can't think of why we would need those. The top of the box is the side that is least heavy and fragile stuff we just use excessive amounts of bubble wrap.

Reminds me of those tables where the top of the box is the heaviest. They always catch me off guard!

I just became one of those guests you guys don't like - I ordered my kids' school supplies with an in-store pickup a little while ago. 23 items. *small voice* Please forgive me. The only day off I have this week is Saturday and I refuse to be in the store with everyone else doing last-minute shopping.

One of our guest services girls used ff for school supplies and she's like "I hope Clark doesn't do it, he's going to be so pissed". I was more mad at other school shoppers who were trying to grab shit out of my cart while pulling her order.

I just became one of those guests you guys don't like - I ordered my kids' school supplies with an in-store pickup a little while ago. 23 items. *small voice* Please forgive me. The only day off I have this week is Saturday and I refuse to be in the store with everyone else doing last-minute shopping.
And you know what, that's why we have in store pickup. That's what it's for. You still bought from Target, and you still had an enjoyable experience..I hope.

And you know what, that's why we have in store pickup. That's what it's for. You still bought from Target, and you still had an enjoyable experience..I hope.

It's only a pain because of the lack of coverage. Having to do a huge order while also pulling the CAFs yourself causes problems.

Anyone looked at the updated order forecast through 4th quarter?

All I can say is we are going to be so ridiculously unprepared, and no matter how hard they try to bring new hires in, there's no way they won't be offering overtime.

I'll check tomorrow. My Log ETL has been telling me we're expecting an increase from 50 to 150 by the holidays. We have a total of four people trained for SFS (including myself) but only one does it full-time. Me and another TM usually partake once or twice a week. The fourth has never done it after our training day...

The aforementioned Log ETL trained with us but I'd imagine having to roll 5, 20 sided die to summon an ETL to help SFS.

Last edited:
Back