Even with the lower order cap, our hours took enough of a hit that we are still busy pretty much our entire shift. Today we packed the last order pretty much right as UPS arrived to take the trailer away. And I don't know what it is, but the last few days we've had a lot of furniture orders. Many of which are unlocated, which is the stupidest thing in the known universe. I have to spend a good deal of time checking every pallet in every location of our steel just to try and find this unlocated furniture item, and 9 times out of 10, it's a ghost.

So the other day, me and another TM pulled like 65 of the 16GB iPads that were on sale for $194. I was hoping it wasn't a reseller. When the collates printed, like 20 of them had 3-4 iPads each. They were all going to this one address in Delaware, all under different and mostly Chinese names. Another bunch of the collates had 3-4 iPads and they were going to different locations within 20 minutes of the first address. I talked to my BR TL and the LOD and there really wasn't much I could do about it. The LOD even said there isn't much to be done about online resellers. So I ended up shipping them all out. I really wanted to cancel them but it totaled up to being about 12k in sales. Just for the iPads alone. And cancelling them would only make the orders bounce to a different store, and they'd get the sales. Ugh so stupid.

We used to have dedicated stuff before the backroom TL and LODs ransacked it. I've been looting the PDAs when I see them, but the walkies are a lost cause.
Same. We had 3 PDA's and 3 walkies and a set of keys. One PDA broke, and was sent out only to never be seen again. We have to hide our PDAs now because overnight steals them and we can't find them. They get tucked on the floor behind the desk lol.

Last edited:
We are back at our 50 order max here, but we are barely making that. Ends up being like 20-30. One person job. So my SFS captain gets the 40 hours/5 days and I pick up the remaining 2. He is going to be cross training for bikes though, which will prob open up another SFS day for me. I was happy when he broke the news to me lol.

Smh the hours at our store got cut down to 200 hours next week and I didn't get any :(... they are moving me back to ther salesfloor. Wish my ETL log would come back from her loa.

That sucks. When we're down on SFS hours, it seems like I'll be getting backroom hours instead. I will not go back to the sales floor/front end.

Today I had a guest trap me for 20 minutes on my way out to the satellites. Basically wanted me to be her personal shopper, asked me where every single thing is, and wouldn't believe me when I told her that this really is the only place in the store that we have men's coats. "No no no, you must have some elsewhere. I don't want any of these." Makes me really sympathize with anyone who works in Electronics.

I'm actually not sure. Today is my first Flexible Fulfillment shift in the past week or so so I will check today, but I haven't heard anything about a shortage of 439's at my store.

We still have 6 pallets left from peak season.

But if there's a shortage, I might order more just in case.
There had been one going into Black Friday onwards and i know we got 1 pallet in the past two weeks, but no idea if it's still in short supply.

There had been one going into Black Friday onwards and i know we got 1 pallet in the past two weeks, but no idea if it's still in short supply.
We never had problems with boxes not coming in during the peak season. But they were coming in directly from Bunzl on a UPS freight truck. Stores like ours that had that luxury probably took priority over Bunzl deliveries to the Target DCs.

I decided not to order any right now since we're not even hitting 100 orders a day. Hopefully the supply issues have been worked out or will be soon.

We didn't have any problems with boxes, but we definitely had problems with UPS. There have been a few times where we have had no trailer for 4-5 days, and at an ESFS store that's not okay. We had probably 12-14 pallets of boxes and nowhere to put them so we had to just have them anywhere we could fit them in the SFS area. For a while, getting around our SFS packing area was like trying to walk through a jam-packed storage closet.

Then we've had issues with them just not coming to pick up rush orders.

Then we've had issues with them just not coming to pick up rush orders.
Can you leave those at receiving and when they come for their normal delivery, have the receiver insist they take the rush orders?

Well my Fulliment TL told us our orders are going up in two weeks I believe so that should be fun... right now we are at 300 order cap... They didn't say what our new order cap will be.

Well my Fulliment TL told us our orders are going up in two weeks I believe so that should be fun... right now we are at 300 order cap... They didn't say what our new order cap will be.
Odd, according to the new order cap projections for Q1, our store is staying the same. Unless they changed their minds again.

I wonder if they are going to start advertising the ability to ship food, and your increase is in preparation for that? I've definitely noticed an uptick in orders for grocery items.

Odd, according to the new order cap projections for Q1, our store is staying the same. Unless they changed their minds again.

I wonder if they are going to start advertising the ability to ship food, and your increase is in preparation for that? I've definitely noticed an uptick in orders for grocery items.
That could be the reason.. my tl said that they recieved an unexpected phone call about the orders increasing and don't get me started on grocery orders. ... I had one order that had 20 packs of Ramen noodles and 10 cans of food lol...

Strange. Our store was at 300 cap in Q4. First week of the year we fell back down to 50 per day and we're still there. We went from 50 when it opened in May of last year and increased by 50 per month until we hit 200. Stayed there until December. Have not heard a thing about upping orders again.

Strange. Our store was at 300 cap in Q4. First week of the year we fell back down to 50 per day and we're still there. We went from 50 when it opened in May of last year and increased by 50 per month until we hit 200. Stayed there until December. Have not heard a thing about upping orders again.
@H2Owned is at an Enhanced SFS location. They have a higher order cap, more packing stations, and an extra stockroom for some online-only items.

I have half a mind to go to the store that sent me this package and smack the TM who packed it. We use air pillows for a reason!!! Also, maybe use less tape and more bubble wrap!!!

Yes, I know all of this is available in my store, but it's just so much easier to get it shipped to my door for free.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
I have half a mind to go to the store that sent me this package and smack the TM who packed it. We use air pillows for a reason!!! Also, maybe use less tape and more bubble wrap!!!

Yes, I know all of this is available in my store, but it's just so much easier to get it shipped to my door for free.
Oh shit. How does someone pack that and think that's good enough?? Looking at that hurts me. What exploded?

We're still at 300 order atm, haven't heard of any increase coming our way. I expect that we'll increase to 500 in the next couple of months though, we'll have to see.

And your reaction is completely justified.

Random story time - A SFS worker who has been with us for over a year was taken out in handcuffs in the other day.

Here is what happened. The trashcan in SFS was overflowing but no one wanted to change it. Finally 3 days later a brave co worker got the trashbag out of the bin but it was so heavy that the bottom broke out. He immediately spots three opened packages of high dollar products, with no product around in sight. He reports it to AP and they start looking into it. Turns out 2 days later, this girl came to work wearing one of the items that was stolen. Upon further investigation they let her work her whole shift, and as she is leaving work the police pull up and arrest her. They also recovered one of the items in her car.

Tisk tisk...you will always get caught.

Random story time - A SFS worker who has been with us for over a year was taken out in handcuffs in the other day.

Here is what happened. The trashcan in SFS was overflowing but no one wanted to change it. Finally 3 days later a brave co worker got the trashbag out of the bin but it was so heavy that the bottom broke out. He immediately spots three opened packages of high dollar products, with no product around in sight. He reports it to AP and they start looking into it. Turns out 2 days later, this girl came to work wearing one of the items that was stolen. Upon further investigation they let her work her whole shift, and as she is leaving work the police pull up and arrest her. They also recovered one of the items in her car.

Tisk tisk...you will always get caught.

It probably wasn't her first time either. Going for 3 high value items on the first go doesn't sound right.

It probably wasn't her first time either. Going for 3 high value items on the first go doesn't sound right.
they had found empty packages before stuffed behind areas in SFS that most dont use. i remember an empty phone case box was found. I am pretty sure she just started stealing small and then got too cocky.

Back