Our order cap drops down to either 300 or 500, not entire sure which, tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. If we still have our current staffing level, we'll be finished with today's orders very early and the rest of the crew will help out the sales floor. That's what we had going on today, it sounds like we were completely finished with today's orders very early and they allocated about 80% of the team to help push/pull CAFs.

Today was busier than yesterday for sure. We also had one call-out, so I had to stay behind an hour to finish packing all of today's orders. At our peak we had 30 batches with anywhere from 15-25 items each to be picked. I got to spend roughly the first half of my shift picking, while packing for the latter half. What is pretty cool is that we get to wear grey shirts so we get asked less on the sales floor, but I've yet to buy any.

So far, I definitely prefer packing. It's a fairly mindless task, I can have a jam session, and I'm off the sales floor. And since we're ESFS, I'm usually packing with one or two other people and it's a good chance to get to know everyone. However, it's more exhausting than I was expecting it to be, I'm going to wear my FitBit tomorrow to see how many steps I do.

Also, fuck unlocated softlines items. At least half of the INF's I had today were from softlines. The rest were popular items like pieface that sell out 15 minutes after opening.

Was chatting with another TM last night about all the wonderful INFs, and I seriously wish Flex orders couldn't be dropped if an OH count was under a certain threshold. Say, two or three.

Omg I agree with you... I had 3 spu orders today that I has to cancel because I couldn't find the items... they made me look thru all the reshop carts smh. ... and then I had to clean the fulfillment closet... had orders in there from October.. guess no one took them out when they did return to stock.... Also does anyone know how long a guest has to pick up a sts order? We have one in the closet since November 8 I think and the order is still active. ..

Last edited:
Omg I agree with you... I had 3 spu orders today that I has to cancel because I couldn't find the items... they made me look thru all the reshop carts smh. ... and then I had to clean the fulfillment closet... had orders in there from October.. guess no one took them out when they did return to stock.... Also does anyone know how long a guest has to pick up a sts order? We have one in the closet since November 8 I think and the order is still active. ..
I thought that it was 72 hours from when the package was received.

SPU and STS=The guest has 4 days, with the option to extend to a 5th day, to pick the item up after we have scanned into the hold location.

At my store we have a had orders that have stayed long past that, and have had to call CSC or the target.com and cancel them manually. For holiday rush the FF team has been using day of the week labels from Food Avenue to mark how long the item been in the room, we place them on top of the pick label, it has helped us out with identifying the RTS items quickly.

Was chatting with another TM last night about all the wonderful INFs, and I seriously wish Flex orders couldn't be dropped if an OH count was under a certain threshold. Say, two or three.
We had one in there for at least 2 months. It was two of the same item, but one of them was completely destroyed so we marked it damaged when we received it, and received the other one into a hold location normally. I can only assume it was on back order or something and the guest either forgot or was very patient.

I never saw the other item come in, but the one that had been sitting there did eventually get picked up or RTS on my day off.

Of course. So today, my third day in SFS, my ETL broke the news that since we're now at 300 orders, there simply wouldn't be any hours available for me in Flexible Fulfillment. On top of that, I'm not even on the schedule next week because the BRTL that does the SFS schedule didn't have me on the schedule so I have no hours next week. And I have nowhere to fucking go. I will not go back to the front end, and I will not go to the salesfloor. That leaves me with two options: Attempt to interview for AP with an ETL that doesn't like me with my poor availability, which is pretty much futile, or I can possibly scrape up 8-16 hours in the backroom.

I'm pretty fucking pissed off. I was really getting into it today, I love this workcenter. I've only been in it for 3 days but I can already tell that this is something that I want to stay in. It's such a cool process, I love the people who work in it, and I feel like I do a good job of it. I was assured that when the seasonals left there should be enough hours for me, although I knew that I would likely have to pick up some backroom shifts to make up for it. But no, why on earth should I have expected things to work out? This is Target after all, it was destined to fall apart.

@Firefox

Try POG or Pricing? They need help this time of year.

As far as I'm aware there are no openings. I think I'm just gonna have to scrape by in the backroom, and hope that they can use this opportunity to performance out one or two of the worse backroom TM's and maybe free up some hours for me.

SFS is so slowww.

It's pretty much a one person operation these days and the rest of the team is being used to recover the backroom and get a head start on mini seasonal.

Tons of rush orders today though. We ended up dedicating a whole pallet for them.

Yeah yesterday was so very slow. We had picked everthing that had been dropped by the time that I came in at 8, and they were very slow dropping throughout the day. We finished packing by 10. Trailer was loaded by 10:30 or so, and we spent about an hour just cleaning up, and after that we just helped the backroom with one person picking/packing whatever rush orders dropped.

Do you guys have dedicated SFS equipment? We have around 10 walkies and 12 PDA's dedicated to SFS, along with 2 full walkie charging stations and 3 PDA charging stations, each with a little "SHIP" label on them. We have a little cage near our packing stations that we lock up and we control equipment usage with the usual sign-out sheets. Plus, since it's all new equipment, they have phenomenal battery life.

We also have 2 sets of ESFS keys. They have keys for the equipment cage, wave key, electronics magnetic doohickey, and receiving keys.

We used to have dedicated stuff before the backroom TL and LODs ransacked it. I've been looting the PDAs when I see them, but the walkies are a lost cause.

As far as I'm aware there are no openings. I think I'm just gonna have to scrape by in the backroom, and hope that they can use this opportunity to performance out one or two of the worse backroom TM's and maybe free up some hours for me.

They don't need an opening, just help. Ask if they need help. I know lots of people who scrape hours helping them out this time a year.

Our SFS-dedicated equipment was long ago mixed in with the store wide equipment. We got some extra "temporary" PDAs for Q4 that also went right into the pool of store wide equipment.

We have SFS keys but it's just a crown key, R1 key, and S3 key. No electronics key, so it's pretty much useless and nobody signs it out.

Had 2 people scheduled in SFS today, moved one to the backroom. We keep 1 key, 3 walkies and 3 PDAs locked up. Sometimes, the O/N Sr. TL "borrows" without returning them soon, lol. Sometimes we hunt him down like a warthog to get it back, lol.

We mostly moved to a assigned department tracking list for the remaining equipment.

Thank goodness orders are down, even though hours have taken a hit.

Back