How high is your order limit in an ESFS store? Ours is 300 still to the best of my knowledge, assuming ESFS is probably over 1,000 orders a day?
Well we just switched over to ESFS in August and the original plan was to have the order cap at 900 but we are at 1,100 according to my stl

Today we had over 350 FF orders to be picked, and no payroll or TMs who could extend their hours any more. We actually had to cut off anymore orders from coming in until we can get back on track. I'm also finding a lot of unlocated Christmas trees, which make up about 15% of our orders. So there's that..

At least you guys still have supplies. I counted eight 439s left. No 454s. We've resorted to collecting empty boxes from the truck (and even raided the local Pet Smart for more, a TM's husband is a manager there).

It's just embarrassing and chaotic. We're at around 180 orders (but with early tomorrow and leftover from previous, we flirt with 300). Had to leave 6 batches of picks and 3 carts of pack at 7:30 tonight for the opener.

I love picking, but not much of a packing fan. One TM has an online eBay gig after work. She loves packing. Wish we could figure out a better picker/packer schedule.

How does your team determine who picks and who packs? Do you have dedicated pickers and packers? Does the TMs start time determine who does what? Do you have a picking goal before packing? Is picking more important than packing? How many batches can you fit in a cart? Do you sort your collates before packing (rush/air? order by cart? By location in cart? Just how they come off the printer? Big stuff first? Little? Boxed? Bagged?..)
Not having 439's or 454's SUCKS. I feel your pain. We are shipping things out in way too big boxes. It's ridiculous lmao. We don't have specific people who pick or pack. I'm pretty sure we hit 400 yesterday. Total orders came to like 366 when you minus the shit we didn't have or couldn't find. I can usually fit 2-4 batches depending on item size or what I can find. I like sorting the collates by single item, multiple item, softlines/stuff that can be bagged. But we just pack as they print now. So by cart. We normally tried to pick before our meal but that was pre Q4. Now we just move as fast as we can.

All the stores I've seen around here have been keeping the FF team in grey shirts so that they can roam the sales floor (almost) undetected. Some guests still stop them, but not nearly as many as usual.

All the stores I've seen around here have been keeping the FF team in grey shirts so that they can roam the sales floor (almost) undetected. Some guests still stop them, but not nearly as many as usual.

We wear red :(

You should hopefully have someone that can build the bike in the store. Hopefully you caught the order early and you can officially fill it in the last few minutes to give the bike builder some time to build it in case it's a guest that comes at minute 59. If not, I guess you just unfulfill it because you can't technically...fill it. I had one BRTM cancel an order even though we had a bike builder in the store. $200 gone because she was too goddamn lazy to ask someone to build a bike.

We have a bike builder maybe twice a week for four hours a day at this time of year. The chances of a guest ordering it in that time period seems to be between slim and none.

Is the sfs process profitable? We send out crap like a box of Capt. Crunch and one small jar out market pantry spice.

Is the sfs process profitable? We send out crap like a box of Capt. Crunch and one small jar out market pantry spice.

That would depend on how much all the supplies cost. Anything that is shipped from store is credited as sales. Target is having stores ship instead of distribution centers. My guess is that they want to save money.

My team picked so many apple products the past few weeks. I pulled like 30 apple watches alone on Thanksgiving.

What do you guys do when you have to pick an unbuilt bike for flexible fulfillment? Quite often, we have the guest come to pick it up because they got the email saying their order was ready, then we have to turn them away and tell them to come back in a few days.

I had a bike as a SFS order a while ago. I think we sent it disassembled, not sure what else we could have done. How do you ship an assembled bike?

My team picked so many apple products the past few weeks. I pulled like 30 apple watches alone on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, my softlines TL walked by one day.

I was standing less than five feet from it grabbing another item. She looked at me and said, "Please tell me this is your cart." My first thought was she didn't want to have to reshop all the random crap in it. Then realized it was the contents that bothered her, as she responded that if it wasn't my cart she was having AP pull camera footage and writing up whoever left it there with 9 iPads in it.

Yeah, my softlines TL walked by one day.

I was standing less than five feet from it grabbing another item. She looked at me and said, "Please tell me this is your cart." My first thought was she didn't want to have to reshop all the random crap in it. Then realized it was the contents that bothered her, as she responded that if it wasn't my cart she was having AP pull camera footage and writing up whoever left it there with 9 iPads in it.
I had to check with my ETL AP to take the watches. He first told me to come back later, then was like just take them because the apple line died quick. "We need the sales." One batch had 14 space greys which is why he told me to come back lmao. We didn't even have any spider wraps left so ETL AP was just like don't let it out of your sight. It's been iPads the past few day's. Boggles my mind that people order that shit online. I've seen what UPS does to the boxes. It hurts my soul a little. So I make sure that shit is super well wrapped.

What do you guys do when you have to pick an unbuilt bike for flexible fulfillment? Quite often, we have the guest come to pick it up because they got the email saying their order was ready, then we have to turn them away and tell them to come back in a few days.
We check with the ETL-LOG and see if he wants to pull one of the bike building TMs or if we should cancel it. Both bike building certified TMs only work mornings though, so any orders after they leave just get cancelled.

We have a bike builder maybe twice a week for four hours a day at this time of year. The chances of a guest ordering it in that time period seems to be between slim and none.
Your bike builder only does bike building shifts and is never working elsewhere in the store?

I had a bike as a SFS order a while ago. I think we sent it disassembled, not sure what else we could have done. How do you ship an assembled bike?
You don't.

So I was under the impression that our store was regular SFS. I haven't been in the backroom at all lately since I haven't had to take any Salvage/CRC to the back in the past few months. Turns out, we're ESFS with an order cap of around 900-1100. So this is gonna be exciting, gonna talk to ETL-LOG tomorrow and talk about transferring ;)

It's pretty sad that I have to be doing lazy people's shopping. I hope when they come to pick the items up , theres a big line in GS and their wait time is more than walking in and getting it themselves.

Lazy fucks.

FFS how hard is it to grasp the concept that the empty space in a box needs to be completely filled with air pillows? Putting a couple in there doesn't do shit except let the product rattle around and get damaged, and it lets the box easily get crushed or opened when something heavy is placed on top.

It's pretty sad that I have to be doing lazy people's shopping. I hope when they come to pick the items up , theres a big line in GS and their wait time is more than walking in and getting it themselves.

Lazy fucks.
Ha! These days, there's a good chance that the line is ridiculous at the desk. I've had several people get attitudes because of this. Oh well!

Ha! These days, there's a good chance that the line is ridiculous at the desk. I've had several people get attitudes because of this. Oh well!

Considering that the is ONE iPad to process the orders. When I have helped at GS we split the line regular returns and FF pick up, so the people who actually shop in store don't get caught waiting for these people. Cause the app is so quick and efficient.

Considering that the is ONE iPad to process the orders. When I have helped at GS we split the line regular returns and FF pick up, so the people who actually shop in store don't get caught waiting for these people. Cause the app is so quick and efficient.
We do too. We actually have 2 iPads and we can log onto MyGo on the myDevice but it still doesn't make the line go any faster because your last sentence. haha

Back