My store is getting ship from store in October. They are planning on bringing a second receiver on board to handle it. My TL said all stores are getting it. I think my backroom is too small to handle it, heck, it's too small even without sfs
A second receiver? For what? SFS runs independently of receiving.

My friend (receiver) mentioned she got an email that she needs to train people who wants to be trained in receiving. I wonder if this relates what was mentioned above but we already have SFS from the start

My store has our main receiver who is in mon-fri. We have another BR TM that is trained and he gets sat and sun. They are training another BR TM as a backup because the weekender has called out a few times

The only real thing you need to know about receiving in regards to SFS is: 1) How to open the roller door for the UPS guy and 2) How to open the bay door for the UPS guy. Every once in a while I will take care of the truck driver if he arrives early and need to know which trailer to take/which bay to put the new one in/etc. But even then that's usually just telling them to take one of the empties and to put the new trailer in Bay 1.

I imagine by receiver, they just mean they'll hire one person that handles SFS. We sort of have 2 receivers anyway since we're a special store that has receiving open on Saturdays.

I imagine by receiver, they just mean they'll hire one person that handles SFS. We sort of have 2 receivers anyway since we're a special store that has receiving open on Saturdays.
Yeah but that's just it. Receiving is something completely different from SFS. It's like saying they're going to hire a new PA because you're getting SFS.

And SFS will need more than one person anyways. We have three core TMs with additional TMs trained to cover if needed.

Yeah but that's just it. Receiving is something completely different from SFS. It's like saying they're going to hire a new PA because you're getting SFS.

And SFS will need more than one person anyways. We have three core TMs with additional TMs trained to cover if needed.
Yeah that doesn't make sense. Only thing my receiver does is walkie me if I have a STS waiting. He's gone when UPS comes so he doesn't hand off.

I mean I can kind of understand why it would be helpful to have a reverse logistics/receiving trained TM in SFS just to handle anything UPS related in the absence of a TL, and in case of a rogue delivery while the receiver isn't there.

However, most Backroom TMs at my store are expected to know at least how to deal with simple things like getting a truck driver squared away and such in case the truck driver arrives after the receiver leaves.

My store is getting ship from store in October. They are planning on bringing a second receiver on board to handle it. My TL said all stores are getting it. I think my backroom is too small to handle it, heck, it's too small even without sfs
Ours, too. We have to kick our signing person out of their area.

I mean I can kind of understand why it would be helpful to have a reverse logistics/receiving trained TM in SFS just to handle anything UPS related in the absence of a TL, and in case of a rogue delivery while the receiver isn't there.

However, most Backroom TMs at my store are expected to know at least how to deal with simple things like getting a truck driver squared away and such in case the truck driver arrives after the receiver leaves.
Lol only enhanced SFS stores have those issues. The only time I need to contact UPS is if we're taking a double on a Saturday and need to ask them to drop the trailer at a different dock. And I suspect that most regular SFS stores don't even get a weekend drop trailer.

Lol only enhanced SFS stores have those issues. The only time I need to contact UPS is if we're taking a double on a Saturday and need to ask them to drop the trailer at a different dock. And I suspect that most regular SFS stores don't even get a weekend drop trailer.
My store doesn't. The flats sit til Monday pickup

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but...

L1Fw9Ne.jpg

I'll add a few anyways. Apparently, we had to skip picking SAs for 2 whole days because that section of steel was completely inaccessible because of unpushed freight from the previous night or two. On top of that, they were staffed very poorly for the 5 days or so proceeding last night when the picture was taken. So last night, when the last TM left, there were 76 full batches left to be picked. About 45 of the batches are SAs, with the remaining 31 or so being regular batches. But then there are also the 163 orders that hadn't been batched yet.

And they only scheduled two people do deal with it. For the first time in a very very long time, I'm glad I haven't been scheduled in Ship from Store lately.

L1Fw9Ne.jpg

I'll add a few anyways. Apparently, we had to skip picking SAs for 2 whole days because that section of steel was completely inaccessible because of unpushed freight from the previous night or two. On top of that, they were staffed very poorly for the 5 days or so proceeding last night when the picture was taken. So last night, when the last TM left, there were 76 full batches left to be picked. About 45 of the batches are SAs, with the remaining 31 or so being regular batches. But then there are also the 163 orders that hadn't been batched yet.

And they only scheduled two people do deal with it. For the first time in a very very long time, I'm glad I haven't been scheduled in Ship from Store lately.
And we have 20 orders total rn... I just went to help pfresh because I was so bored

L1Fw9Ne.jpg

Seriously? We get 2 TMs per day for regular SFS.

Order cap getting raised to 700 supposedly for the holidays yet they are reluctant as ever to build additional pack stations. Went through the holidays last year with 500+ order days with only one pack station. Things got cramp.

We have five PDAs that are exclusively set aside for us, in our own locked cabinet at the SFS packing station. We're given keys at the start of our shift. The PDAs are each labeled SFS #1, etc. so we can easily keep track of them. Other tms can only use one if we don't need them.

I wouldn't even let them be used by others when you don't need them. Serious.

I'm seeing a few people saying 700-750 order cap for the holidays (regular SFS). Has anyone heard of your store with a peak amount less than that?

I'm wondering if the high order cap will be widespread at a lot of stores...

We were told 750 and to expect 1k+. They want to hire 15 people and hope 11 of them stick. We currently don't have enough PDAs, we're thinking they'll have to split the teams up and share

L1Fw9Ne.jpg

Wow that is alot the STL need to make the ETLs help u guys if they dont want to schedule anyone.

I'm seeing a few people saying 700-750 order cap for the holidays (regular SFS). Has anyone heard of your store with a peak amount less than that?

750 regular here. Not thrilled because we don't even have a team at the moment, just a mismash of people stolen from other work centers to help me because we won't hire new people.

our store is capped at 150 right now. Today I think we had 80 orders with 3 people, one working 8-3, 10-2:30, and 9:30-5. I litterally just packed for my whole shift, honestly I enjoy it. i worked the 10-2:30 shift.

We were told 750 and to expect 1k+. They want to hire 15 people and hope 11 of them stick. We currently don't have enough PDAs, we're thinking they'll have to split the teams up and share

We're due to hire 10 a few ETLs have told me.

Our SFS TL was saying 1500 cap for our store, but that there may be days where corporate will "lift" the limit and we'll get more than 1500. I don't think that that will happen, but he seems to think it'll be a possibility. I can't even imagine how many new hire's we'll need in order to staff correctly for 1500 orders. Hopefully we get a good batch of seasonals.

So the pattern I'm seeing so far is 5 times everyone's current order caps. That seems a bit excessive if they do it for every store.

Back