I have a bad feeling that today is still going to suck... If other stores were INFing as much softlines as we were, then those orders are just going to keep floating around until someone can fulfill them.

Yeah, I did one batch so far today and had the same softlines issues as yesterday. INFs everywhere. But on the bright side, today is starting with about 1400 open units again with four TMs left on the schedule. It's a good thing we have our ETLs support..

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling that today is still going to suck... If other stores were INFing as much softlines as we were, then those orders are just going to keep floating around until someone can fulfill them.

With the softlines stock room looking like shit and z racks everywhere with shit piled in front of them where you physically can't get to them yeah we are going to INF a fuckton of stuff.. We could fulfill but can't since broken flow process from E2E.. :eek:

Today was not at bad as it could have been. The ETL/STL learned their lesson and moved some people around to give us a better schedule. We got everything picked and packed on time without having to ask for additional help, and even contributed a few hours of payroll to backup cashiering. INF was under 20% too, and we did around 150% of the forecast again.

The rush orders are kinda annoying though. They keep dropping under the ship today workload long after the 3pm cutoff, and long after UPS has come and gone.

3 of us picking, no packing support, and we are almost out of carts. INFapalooza too. Thank God I'm off the next 3 days

If you run out of carts, just ask your TL to create Phantom carts. (Locations that can be temporarily scanned onto ANY Vehicle. Even a Shopping carts, if TM's know the #'s to print)

Literally, I have my own personal cart location, on my personal set of keys, mostly to scan and check numbers, but are also super useful filling SPU's.

If you run out of carts, just ask your TL to create Phantom carts. (Locations that can be temporarily scanned onto ANY Vehicle. Even a Shopping carts, if TM's know the #'s to print)

Literally, I have my own personal cart location, on my personal set of keys, mostly to scan and check numbers, but are also super useful filling SPU's.
I lost most of my stash of paper locations, so I started printing cart locations and sticking them to those useless black and white clips they sent us. Need to use a shopping cart? Grab a clip!

I lost most of my stash of paper locations, so I started printing cart locations and sticking them to those useless black and white clips they sent us. Need to use a shopping cart? Grab a clip!
We started using those clips to designate carts that need items RFID scanned for, and to track the time a cart can be printed. More useful than designating ship today/tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm/deny: if an order is not in myGo, we can put it back on the floor.
I'm not sure about my go... Sometimes it show orders and sometimes it doesn't and u have to do advance search to find the order.... I always use order inquiry to see if it is an active order

We're looking at redoing the order inquiry in 2018 and put on myDevice. Can anyone give me ideas on where this function is used (mostly guest service...?), what you're looking up and what information is needed to answer your question of why you looked up the order in the first place? Ideally, order inquiry will have the ability to see any type of order in the store and give you status info. Conversations are underway...would love any input you have to influence this. Thanks!

We're looking at redoing the order inquiry in 2018 and put on myDevice. Can anyone give me ideas on where this function is used (mostly guest service...?), what you're looking up and what information is needed to answer your question of why you looked up the order in the first place? Ideally, order inquiry will have the ability to see any type of order in the store and give you status info. Conversations are underway...would love any input you have to influence this. Thanks!

Would be great if it showed who picked an order and not just the last person that touched the item. Would make it easier than follow up when things get done wrong

I mainly use order inquiry when cleaning out our SPU hold locations.... When I scan the item in order inquiry it tells me if the item is an active order or not ... If it is a STS order or SPU order... And who picked the SPU order and the date it was picked..... I also use order inquiry after my team finishes packing a cart and they have items left in the cart.... I scan the item in the cart and it will tell me if the item is still in hold in that cart or if the item is an extra/back stock.... very helpful cause it says me a trip from going to Manhattan every time

Semi off topic, but having RTS items stay in the system until someone has to physically clear them would be nice. A majority of stores in the company are red on this metric.

It would be amazing if it could reprint a collate. Far easier than looking up the DPCI in Manhattan, especially if it showed (for an item in multiple orders) which carts the orders were held in.

At a minimum it should have all of the info it currently has: Order number (or a list if there are multiple orders for the same item), date/time it is due, status and type of order, TM who picked it, hold location, how many eaches was needed/picked/in hold, details of other items in the order.

At my store guest service doesn't use it at all. They don't even know how to. They do occasionally call SFS on the walkie with questions about an OPU, and we'll look it up, but that's maybe once every few weeks.

I use it most frequently to see what a random loose item is for after everything in a cart has been packed. If it's still in hold, I'll try and print the location again, and if that fails I'll dig into Manhattan to see if I can find and print it from there. If it's not part of any order it goes to the pull line. If it's part of a completed order, I'll assume the TM picked too many and it's an extra to go to the pull line.

I also use it to see who picked a cart. I'll scan an item and then know who to ask if there's anything weird with it. It would be nice if it did not change the name of the picker if the original picker suspended the batch and someone else resumes it.

I also use it sometimes (rarely) to see when the cart needs to be packed by. If there's a ton of carts to be packed, and some people are picking ship tomorrow orders without putting clips on them, I can scan an item in a cart and see when it's due.

Anyone else have a collate not printing issue today? That was fun trying to explain to a panicked LOD that we weren't going to be able to meet the pack goal and UPS was going to leave without them...

At a minimum it should have all of the info it currently has: Order number (or a list if there are multiple orders for the same item), date/time it is due, status and type of order, TM who picked it, hold location, how many eaches was needed/picked/in hold, details of other items in the order.
Also, please for the love of god, if you can also put in the oLPN so I can get missing collates reprinted faster instead of having to go into manhattan for everything that would be greatttt.

The name of the TM who packed it would also be great, so if we have extra items we can ask them if they remember packing it.

Does anyone else's store seem to really resent the SFS team? A lot of our sales floor TMs seem to think that we have an "easy" job (probably because they've only ever helped us pack) and so they get annoyed when we ask for help finding something or vaguely imply that our team is having a busy day. I think they're also annoyed that we don't have to wear red and khaki, and don't understand the reasoning behind it or that we have deadlines.

Just had to vent.

Does anyone else's store seem to really resent the SFS team? A lot of our sales floor TMs seem to think that we have an "easy" job (probably because they've only ever helped us pack) and so they get annoyed when we ask for help finding something or vaguely imply that our team is having a busy day. I think they're also annoyed that we don't have to wear red and khaki, and don't understand the reasoning behind it or that we have deadlines.

Just had to vent.
After this clusterfuck of a 4th quarter, I think it's safe to say nobody at my store thinks I have an easy job. Everyone who jumped in to help pack at some point this year agrees that packing is fun and easy, but they also saw myself and the pickers running around like crazy, and our full trailers of outgoing orders. So luckily nobody has complained about SFS (to my face), and plenty of TMs, TLs, and ETLs have told me they don't know how I do it the rest of the year.

Just had to vent.

Yep. I had a flow TM tell me I have such an easy job, I just have to walk around all day doing nothing.. He was in the office with our ETL not 10min later having his role explained to him..

I wish we could wear street clothes.. But our DTL wants us to help all guests and if you don't ask every single guest you will be coached.. And you will be coached if you don't pick your orders on time.. Sorry ETL but the DTL has had me in electronics backing up for the last half hour, I need help picking and my batch of OPU will be late..

I was scheduled to pick yesterday; the only previous experience I had was helping pack on busy days. I knew it was hard, but having five minutes to find my last two items had me panicking. A coworker tried to stop me and ask her to help a guest and I bluntly said "no, I have 5 minutes left" and walked away. I tried to help everyone I could while picking but sometimes you just gotta say no.

Just had to vent.
Sales Floor TMs? You mean the people that just have to pull things forward on a shelf/fold clothes? Geeeeee that's difficult...

Anyone else have a collate not printing issue today? That was fun trying to explain to a panicked LOD that we weren't going to be able to meet the pack goal and UPS was going to leave without them...

We had a major issue with collates not printing on Wednesday. CSC said it was a global issue. Printing started working normally Thursday.

Back