I'm back in SFS this weekend to cover a shift and I'm dreading it. Our store is remodeling and they increased the units in SFS because we did so well over the holidays. So it's a perfect storm of more orders and not everything being set yet. I helped someone in SFS today find some earrings. That were dumped into a giant box with all the other jewelry. Ugh.

I'm back in SFS this weekend to cover a shift and I'm dreading it. Our store is remodeling and they increased the units in SFS because we did so well over the holidays. So it's a perfect storm of more orders and not everything being set yet. I helped someone in SFS today find some earrings. That were dumped into a giant box with all the other jewelry. Ugh.
The units for SFS have increased over the last week. About half of our orders is softlines and they are days behind truck, shoes plano is incorrect and we have several pallets of repacks for softlines. It is a hot mess in softlines which means our INF boosts into the red.
I hope in the next few days, softlines can catch up.

The units for SFS have increased over the last week. About half of our orders is softlines and they are days behind truck, shoes plano is incorrect and we have several pallets of repacks for softlines. It is a hot mess in softlines which means our INF boosts into the red.

Good to know that the units increased without a TL, I don't what is going on since leadership don't have time to actually talk to me..

Softlines being behind is the new normal, they get paid more to be very sloppy and behind. We have the same problem of the pogs being very off and I have been told "We don't have time to fix it." when fixing it would take 10min to break and retie pogs where they pushed the shoes. Backstock is weeks behind, 40+ random vehicles in their stockroom and INF is almost a given. It's so bad they can't even get to the hanging backstock to bring it down to actually push it. The floor is getting empty and I am INF'ing basically at something in every single order. But they don't have time to clean up their mess but I HAVE to move all those vehicles all day long cause I should NEVER INF anything.. Umm.. yeah no.. Bleeding red ink is the new normal and they just need some retraining.

That is the solution to everything with the green as fuck new STL, training.. Umm you can't train out laziness..

Any FedEx stores still end up with an occasional UPS collate and/or know why?

I have noticed that there have been random UPS collates printing out but I’m not too sure why. There was a period of time where the UPS collates were common when we first switched to FedEx. Then there was some time where they stopped and just recently they’re printing more often again.

Good to know that the units increased without a TL, I don't what is going on since leadership don't have time to actually talk to me..

Softlines being behind is the new normal, they get paid more to be very sloppy and behind. We have the same problem of the pogs being very off and I have been told "We don't have time to fix it." when fixing it would take 10min to break and retie pogs where they pushed the shoes. Backstock is weeks behind, 40+ random vehicles in their stockroom and INF is almost a given. It's so bad they can't even get to the hanging backstock to bring it down to actually push it. The floor is getting empty and I am INF'ing basically at something in every single order. But they don't have time to clean up their mess but I HAVE to move all those vehicles all day long cause I should NEVER INF anything.. Umm.. yeah no.. Bleeding red ink is the new normal and they just need some retraining.

That is the solution to everything with the green as fuck new STL, training.. Umm you can't train out laziness..
Well if you opt for the other solution, you still have to train.

Well if you opt for the other solution, you still have to train.

At this point he doesn't get it, won't get it and we are done with him. It is time for a clean slate.

When you slap a shipping label on a bench picked from the floor that you would have at the foot of your bed and call it good and UPS refuses it, it is time. When the UPS sees that you shouldn't do that, we have a clear issue. He didn't stop himself and say "This is a bad idea, I should get a box, I should bubble wrap and or shrink wrap this." Nope nothing.

Is there an order number for those “Target Run and Done” red bags that were used for OPU or was that just a holiday thing?
It’s not a holiday thing, technically we’re suppose to use those bags instead of the regular bags guest use. I’ll edit this after I find the order number. Just remember the box says ETL-GE so the supply might not given with your regular SFS supplies.

Do TLs have control over the amount of units we get? I thought the system awards a store more units if they fulfill more orders. I picked I wanna say 40(57) in under an hour before leaving last night and the units jumped back to count to which I started when I clocked out.

All of the UT shoes show it being in ready-to-wear pog instead of the shoe pog. The softlines TL said a TM reties them in the morning but looks like they ain’t doing that. If I see shoes that say ready-to-war pog but it’s actually in the shoe department, I’m gonna tie it to the location. Anything flexed that’s not ties screws us over because we won’t be able to locate it. The person covering OPU on my lunch was going to cancel a beauty item but I luckily I knew it was on an endcap. I don’t know if it’s being lazy or stupid for not checking the end caps.
The only good thing about my softlines is they have their backstock and other vehicles organized instead of throwing everything same vehicle. It makes it easy to scan with the RFID but hell going through the aisles and carts. I’ve started to notice more of Awake, localized graphic, DV shoes and jewelry are becoming less RFID compatible which makes it even worse when searching the mess.

No, I don't have a TL so I have no idea if things change or if the cap for orders went up or down or sideways. So knowing it was actually a thing cause orders this week got heavier than normal. Along with a bump in hours.

I would pull out the RFID gun if we knew where they were at or had a charge on them. Softlines does their RFID scan and they leave them anywhere and everywhere. So finding it and being charged - you hit the lotto!!! And getting physically in the stockroom? That is a joke for the carts everywhere. I can see items but can't get to them. Cause you can't move all the vehicles. It looks worse than the backlot of a car dealer. Just vehicles jammed everywhere. And the Softlines ETL response "Not my problem our backstock is everywhere, fixtures are everywhere we will get to it when we get to it."

No, I would pull out the RFID gun if we knew where they were at or had a charge on them. Softlines does their RFID scan and they leave them anywhere and everywhere. So finding it and being charged - you hit the lotto!!! And getting physically in the stockroom? That is a joke for the carts everywhere. I can see items but can't get to them. Cause you can't move all the vehicles. It looks worse than the backlot of a car dealer. Just vehicles jammed everywhere.
Equipment control right there would seem to fix it. Partner with STL or AP about lost equipment. Softlines has got to know they aren’t the only one using it. Former instock TM still need to RFID scan hardlines stuff. Anything with equipment and my store would panic and get it fixed instantly.

If you can’t get in the stockroom or move any carts yourself, that’s a fire hazard in itself. My PMT makes sure there is at least a path for someone to get through. It’s extreme but call the fire marshal or whoever is in charge of making sure buildings follow fire codes. If your store doesn’t get their act after that, I don’t know buddy.
I would INF those too but that’s means score will be red if you do that alot. In my experience red score will have STL/ETL reign down, and less hours.

Good luck with that...they're weeks behind at my store.

Is there an order number for those “Target Run and Done” red bags that were used for OPU or was that just a holiday thing?
Z1064.1

Our police are now getting free coffee for ticketing those who dont belong in parking spots. As its starbucks, it will be fun. Police love to come to our store because we are nice, we treat them good and now free stuff.
I don't know about your area, but here it isn't illegal to park in a spot on private property that's marked as "drive up parking." There's nothing they could ticket me for.

Do TLs have control over the amount of units we get? I thought the system awards a store more units if they fulfill more orders.
No, the way it's set up currently is stores have an order volume based on how well your store was performing in early December. Volume increases and decreases day-to-day on a percentage level across all stores at once. So you may have a higher forecast one day, but so does every other store.

They did the same thing last year and eventually they "reset" it so that most stores were split into a handful of different groups with the same forecast and hours (ex: a group where all stores are at 100 units max per day, another group at 200 per day, etc). I can't remember when they did that reset though.

Equipment control right there would seem to fix it. Partner with STL or AP about lost equipment.

ETLGE? The one who doesn't give a fuck about anything? Or the ETL AP that we just got and she is brand new? Like her first assignment new? Ok.. STL who says talk to the GE who doesn't care and tells you "if its not in the charger I don't know what to tell you." As she wanders off to go gossip with the ETL Softlines..

Softlines has got to know they aren’t the only one using it. Former instock TM still need to RFID scan hardlines stuff. Anything with equipment and my store would panic and get it fixed instantly.

You would think wouldn't you. This week they just skipped it since they needed the hands to push freight.

If you can’t get in the stockroom or move any carts yourself, that’s a fire hazard in itself. My PMT makes sure there is at least a path for someone to get through. It’s extreme but call the fire marshal or whoever is in charge of making sure buildings follow fire codes. If your store doesn’t get their act after that, I don’t know buddy.

PMT? yeah we don't have one, he quit over the same bullshit.

I would INF those too but that’s means score will be red if you do that alot. In my experience red score will have STL/ETL reign down, and less hours.

I am not sure this STL understands that. He is from a low volume store and has been running in that fashion.

Yeah I am fucked..

Yeah I am fucked..
Good luck.

@SFSFun If I do today’s“pick today - ship tommorow”, does it make a difference in the workload for tomorrow? In my head I think it helps out the opening team with less workload but at the same time I hear if you fulfill orders, more orders will be sent your way.

I was so frustrated today when last night I picked about 40(56) but when I came in today at noon there was still items to pick in the zebra for today’s workload. The morning team said it going down in the morning but at noonish, it boosted 30 DPCI’s.

It feels weird, we haven't had a proper closing team since q4 in my store. We just starting getting a closing team together again since they moved every one to hard lines or where ever

Good luck.

@SFSFun If I do today’s“pick today - ship tommorow”, does it make a difference in the workload for tomorrow? In my head I think it helps out the opening team with less workload but at the same time I hear if you fulfill orders, more orders will be sent your way.

I was so frustrated today when last night I picked about 40(56) but when I came in today at noon there was still items to pick in the zebra for today’s workload. The morning team said it going down in the morning but at noonish, it boosted 30 DPCI’s.

We don't touch tomorrows work load. Let it stack up. But my store is a shit show. But I think it is what you pack that releases more orders. 4th quarter we got turned off cause the team who packed orders was so slow. When we got it caught up more orders dropped. I can pick during a normal day and get it almost cleared and pack a cart and 30 more will drop and stay that way until the cut off.

Technically, the 'Ship Tomorrow' bucket is added to 'Today's' forecast. At midnight the unpicked tomorrows will rollover into the Today bucket and the current day's orders will drop to forecast. The advantage to picking/packing 'Tomorrows' today, is that there should actually be less workload tomorrow as you're not playing catch up.
:mad:
Well if that’s right, the opening team will have about 164 DPCI’s when they come in at this rate.
Wouldn’t that make INFs for “Ship Tomorrow” part of that “Today’s” SFS hourly report too? I canceled something yesterday while doing the “Ship Tomorrow” workload and it didn’t show in yesterday’s report but it did show in today’s SFS hourly report. I canceled the items before 9pm CST.

We don't touch tomorrows work load. Let it stack up. But my store is a shit show. But I think it is what you pack that releases more orders. 4th quarter we got turned off cause the team who packed orders was so slow. When we got it caught up more orders dropped. I can pick during a normal day and get it almost cleared and pack a cart and 30 more will drop and stay that way until the cut off.
My store is pick everything then pick. When it was slow, that was about 10am but now it’s 1:50pm with canceling some items to make pick-on time.

:mad:
Well if that’s right, the opening team will have about 164 DPCI’s when they come in at this rate.
Wouldn’t that make INFs for “Ship Tomorrow” part of that “Today’s” SFS hourly report too? I canceled something yesterday while doing the “Ship Tomorrow” workload and it didn’t show in yesterday’s report but it did show in today’s SFS hourly report. I canceled the items before 9pm CST.

My store is pick everything then pick. When it was slow, that was about 10am but now it’s 1:50pm with canceling some items to make pick-on time.

Yeah we can't do that cause you can't get carts cause the truck and backstock are shit shows. So you usually can scrape up two carts, so I pick two pack the first one so I can go pull the third. And we have one princess who thinks he never has to pick batches so we always make sure he does have to pick at least one.

Hey legitimate question here, no snarkiness whatsoever.

I'm trying to help the TMs as much as possible before I leave. My STL is going to be doing more LOD shifts and he's an ass so they're going to need all the help they can get.

I have one flex fill TM that can never find the softlines items. The other day the STL and I went over to help her find 8 different items. That's a lot for a TM not to be able to find on their own. STL was not pleased, especially because we found most of the items within 5 minutes. She didn't try hard enough and wasted our time to basically have us do her work for her.

She's not at all new and she knows her resources, but she just refuses to use them. She won't ask SLTMs for help, she won't use the RFID gun. Our softlines stockroom is extremely organized but she won't go back there and even attempt to look for the item. How can I get her to understand that she is going to be in some deep shit if she doesn't improve?

Back