Show her the INF by team member report and INF detail report and how much it is costing the store in missed sales with her INFs.

Explain those missed sales are simply not acceptable and if she isn't comfortable using tools provided she will have two options: performance counciling for not following best practices or inability to be scheduled for ship from store.

From experience I've found that veteran team members need to be given direct consequences to their actions. If they don't want to adapt to new company priorities, be blunt and honest about repercussions.

It’s not a holiday thing, technically we’re suppose to use those bags instead of the regular bags guest use. I’ll edit this after I find the order number. Just remember the box says ETL-GE so the supply might not given with your regular SFS supplies.

Do TLs have control over the amount of units we get? I thought the system awards a store more units if they fulfill more orders. I picked I wanna say 40(57) in under an hour before leaving last night and the units jumped back to count to which I started when I clocked out.

All of the UT shoes show it being in ready-to-wear pog instead of the shoe pog. The softlines TL said a TM reties them in the morning but looks like they ain’t doing that. If I see shoes that say ready-to-war pog but it’s actually in the shoe department, I’m gonna tie it to the location. Anything flexed that’s not ties screws us over because we won’t be able to locate it. The person covering OPU on my lunch was going to cancel a beauty item but I luckily I knew it was on an endcap. I don’t know if it’s being lazy or stupid for not checking the end caps.
The only good thing about my softlines is they have their backstock and other vehicles organized instead of throwing everything same vehicle. It makes it easy to scan with the RFID but hell going through the aisles and carts. I’ve started to notice more of Awake, localized graphic, DV shoes and jewelry are becoming less RFID compatible which makes it even worse when searching the mess.
If it says Ready to wear, it should be in the UT ready to wear section. Tying it in shoes will only cause someone from corporate during an inspection to comment about it to the STL and ETLs which will lead to the TL responsible;e getting at least a lecture.

If it says Ready to wear, it should be in the UT ready to wear section. Tying it in shoes will only cause someone from corporate during an inspection to comment about it to the STL and ETLs which will lead to the TL responsible;e getting at least a lecture.
At my store all the UT shoes are in shoes department with maybe 1 or 2 if the mannequin are wearing shoes. It’s only accurate for our WWW shoes but elsewhere it’s in shoes or in a random backstock cart.
I check if it’s gonna be reset soon to make sure I ain’t wasting mine or someone else’s time.

Hey legitimate question here, no snarkiness whatsoever.

I'm trying to help the TMs as much as possible before I leave. My STL is going to be doing more LOD shifts and he's an ass so they're going to need all the help they can get.

I have one flex fill TM that can never find the softlines items. The other day the STL and I went over to help her find 8 different items. That's a lot for a TM not to be able to find on their own. STL was not pleased, especially because we found most of the items within 5 minutes. She didn't try hard enough and wasted our time to basically have us do her work for her.

She's not at all new and she knows her resources, but she just refuses to use them. She won't ask SLTMs for help, she won't use the RFID gun. Our softlines stockroom is extremely organized but she won't go back there and even attempt to look for the item. How can I get her to understand that she is going to be in some deep shit if she doesn't improve?

I know this story. We have one who does this cause all he wants to do is pack boxes. So he fucks up picking so they will let him only pack. that worked during 4th quarter but it ain't going to work now.

You need to find it or will be looking at giving you cashier shifts or something else since you can't get it done. There is being just weak in an area or just saying "nah I just don't want to." She is in the "nah" side of this.

Hey legitimate question here, no snarkiness whatsoever.

I'm trying to help the TMs as much as possible before I leave. My STL is going to be doing more LOD shifts and he's an ass so they're going to need all the help they can get.

I have one flex fill TM that can never find the softlines items. The other day the STL and I went over to help her find 8 different items. That's a lot for a TM not to be able to find on their own. STL was not pleased, especially because we found most of the items within 5 minutes. She didn't try hard enough and wasted our time to basically have us do her work for her.

She's not at all new and she knows her resources, but she just refuses to use them. She won't ask SLTMs for help, she won't use the RFID gun. Our softlines stockroom is extremely organized but she won't go back there and even attempt to look for the item. How can I get her to understand that she is going to be in some deep shit if she doesn't improve?
If you know she is being lazy (sorry but I can't think of a better work for this) then its time for a written coaching. Motivation is one thing as if going over to help but if there is an unwillingness to do the job correctly then its time to shoved into eithger doing it or out of the way so someone else can.

If you dont feel like a coaching is appropiate, assign it to a new person who can handle it.

My STL walked up to me today and told me that I’ll be scheduled for SFS on the newest schedule. Kind of apprehensive about it because I’m a guest service TM and don’t really know much about this kind of stuff but I’m hoping it’ll be ok

My STL walked up to me today and told me that I’ll be scheduled for SFS on the newest schedule. Kind of apprehensive about it because I’m a guest service TM and don’t really know much about this kind of stuff but I’m hoping it’ll be ok

Wear your comfy shoes cause you are going to get your steps in.. And ask for training.. When packing, if you think it will leak, bag/zip tie it, if you think it can crack or break bubble wrap and or use airspeed bags(pillows). The system is on crack sometimes with what box it wants you to use. And most clothing can go in bags not boxes(any underwire item you do box). There is the uber quicky training on SFS..

I let people who only want to pack have 2 options, either they pick backroom locations only and prep the cart for someone doing OPU and floor work, or they are the fastest packer on the team. Anything else means they are not flex, or getting performance discussions.

Pick today ship tomorrow is todays workload. It’s not 4th quarter so rairly is anything held upstream. You also have a better chance of a lower INF if you pick closer to when the batch drops. It depends on how your store schedules some stores frontload like crazy because in most forcasts very little drops in first thing in the morning so most stores know their full workload plus or minus 10% by 6AM. This also makes it much harder if your store is 4AM.

It’s good practice to have none SFS people sub in so they can get training before 4th quarter.

Good luck.

@SFSFun If I do today’s“pick today - ship tommorow”, does it make a difference in the workload for tomorrow? In my head I think it helps out the opening team with less workload but at the same time I hear if you fulfill orders, more orders will be sent your way.

I was so frustrated today when last night I picked about 40(56) but when I came in today at noon there was still items to pick in the zebra for today’s workload. The morning team said it going down in the morning but at noonish, it boosted 30 DPCI’s.
"Pick today - ship tomorrow" is part of the current day's workload (that's why it says "pick today"). So if you are forecasted for 300 units and you only receive 100 by 1pm, it's likely that the other 200 will drop in throughout the rest of the day. Any that aren't picked gets rolled over to the next day, when you still have that day's entire workload as well.

Picking and packing does not send more orders to your store. That was only a thing in Q4.

Performance management. Use the INF by Team Member report to show how much she cancels compared to other TMs. Maybe give her some softlines flow shifts if our store still does those.

No woman wants a bent up bra. 413's are good for this, small enough you don't waste a lot of airspeed pillows but will allow the bra to not be folded on itself. Is it overkill?
I usually use poly bags... But I was throwing them in boxes (hangar and all) when SFS wasn't getting support a few weeks ago.

I usually use poly bags... But I was throwing them in boxes (hangar and all) when SFS wasn't getting support a few weeks ago.

I always box them since I got one in a poly bag that was bent in ways that a bra should not be bent. The hangers stay or go depending if I am pushed for time.

Maybe I’m weird...but I’ve always put air pillows in the cups when I pack bras with underwire. Then box it up and ship it out. It’s like air pillow boobs to help them keep shape in transit lol

Yeah packing paper is the standard so since we don't use packing paper(we should, I could use it sometimes) so air speed pillows, - good hack. :)

Is everyone else’s MyAlerts app functionoing properly? I feel like no matter the time of day or whatever MyDevice I try, MyAlerts has not worked for me recently. My coworkers say the same, so I’m wondering if it’s something storewide that I just need to harass CSC about or if it’s global

Is everyone else’s MyAlerts app functionoing properly? I feel like no matter the time of day or whatever MyDevice I try, MyAlerts has not worked for me recently. My coworkers say the same, so I’m wondering if it’s something storewide that I just need to harass CSC about or if it’s global
Mine wasn't loading at all first thing yesterday morning, but it fixed itself by later in the morning.

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit when guests can order certain items? I'm noticing that the system allows guest to order items that have just been delivered the same day. These are still sitting on the truck, waiting to be pushed by overnight. My team has slim chances of finding it. Since in-store guests wouldn't be able to buy these items until the next morning, is there a way to make it the same for online guests?

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit when guests can order certain items? I'm noticing that the system allows guest to order items that have just been delivered the same day. These are still sitting on the truck, waiting to be pushed by overnight. My team has slim chances of finding it. Since in-store guests wouldn't be able to buy these items until the next morning, is there a way to make it the same for online guests?

Nope once they acknowledge the truck its all fair game.. The only way to prevent that is don't acknowledge the truck until they actually unload it..

Back