do you let receiving , pricing use the SFS boxes for salvage / MIR / CRC ?
I replenish the boxes every evening ( climb ladder / uses the crown ) , to come in the next morning with half of them gone ! That TM is too lazy to get them from the pallets ....
The old receiving TM would recycle boxes from the floor , but this one has an attitude from hell ...

I replenish the boxes every evening ( climb ladder / uses the crown ) , to come in the next morning with half of them gone ! That TM is too lazy to get them from the pallets ....
The old receiving TM would recycle boxes from the floor , but this one has an attitude from hell ...

Nope, nobody touches our boxes in my store.

No, not a fucking chance they use our stuff. They can order their own boxes. We had a screaming match when the cart attendant took our tape to close boxes. Little shit could NOT understand why we were so pissed. "You don't pay for it." My response? "So you are saying you are lazy fuck and won't walk five more steps to the tape you are supposed to use? So lazy is what you are calling yourself?" He hasn't touched it since. Momma don't play.

I used to let the receiver take the occasional box if he didn’t have anything that worked, and I would toss any damaged boxes into the pile used for salvage. But those boxes are store supplies, and expensive ones at that. Using SFS boxes as the first choice is just as bad as using repacks.

Two new hires scheduled, both called out today. So my "closing backroom" shift became "Get as much orders done as possible in less than 5 hours. Yay.

We let them as long as they ask first, but it's rare. We also make them use the plastic tape and not the water activated tape since it's cheaper. Given all the stuff we ship in polybags that should have gone in a box, it balances itself out.

I get REAL tired of the INF percentage being considered SFS's responsibility. I don't want praise for it when it's low. I don't want blame for it when it's high. If everything is where it's supposed to be, or at least in a reasonably easy to locate place in the back if it just came in on a truck recently, I shouldn't have to INF anything (except the occasional "it was sold last night/this morning and there are no more on hand"). INF is a reflection of how well the store is functioning. When piles and piles of repacks sit in the back room for literally weeks and don't get pushed, or pallets of stuff get put up in the steel but don't get tied, or carts and tubs and flats of backstock are just pushed down the aisles of light duty and not actually backstocked....how the hell is it MY fault that I can't find something?

So much for it being a "team."

Thanks for saying that, because thats the reality of the situation. At our store, our management wants to lower the INF percentage (Talk to TLs in other departments, but they are slow to assist and don’t know where things are either...). We either miss deadline with a good INF percentage, or make deadline with a bad one. With E2E, our backroom is a maze of somewhat organized push from the truck. Its very hard to find anything reliably. Time is our biggest issue, and none of us have time to dig through messy repacks.

EDIT: Our TLs are awesome and we love all of them, but our management continues to ignore the elephant in the room.

Last edited:
For months, whoever (trustworthy) works Flex (SFS/In-Store) could cancel items if they can't be located after 10-15 minute attempt. No need to contact LOD/ETL after partnering with Dept TLs and reliable tenured TMs. DTL comes through and orders a rug on the spot. TM who unknowingly pulls the order and goes to a Ghost location. Presses All items scanned and gets no Salesfloor option on the MyDevice, which auto cancels the order. I come back from an off day later on, and I get pestered about not allowing it to happen again. DTL and STL are pissed and I don't know why. No way to determine what happen until I talk to all possible Flex TMs that worked that day, which I found out. Sad thing is, 2 Sr. TLs was helping the TM with the item and DID NOT speak up for the order/incident. No communication/accountability to follow-up whatsoever. It's a merry go round. STL says one thing, someone does another. My team gets the blame.

I don't understand why when something has All Items Scanned hit, and if it doesn't have a SF location, it doesn't always give a NOP option, even though other hardlines items do show up as NOP often. Seems like a glitch?

I don't understand why when something has All Items Scanned hit, and if it doesn't have a SF location, it doesn't always give a NOP option, even though other hardlines items do show up as NOP often. Seems like a glitch?
It’s the same glitch with “All Items Scanned” and it inserting the salesfloor location next. There was 1 OPU batch that sent me to the backroom. Of course the item wasn’t there so I pressed it but it never asked me to get the item on the salesfloor. I had to exit the batch 3 times before it would make me stop scanning the ghost location and give me the salesfloor location.
Only remedy to fix the Auto INF is to LOCU/Audit the location. After scanning all the items in Move app, exit the batch and scan the location then items in the Audit app. It shouldn’t appear again in the Move batch.

Lol that costumes dropped in today's orders. No fucking way I was scouring the repacks for them since they are not RFID and haven't even been set yet.
Same. Our Halloween stuff is up in the steel right now too, and none of it is set, so no way am I getting all the pallets down to try to dig through repacks looking for costumes or lawn decorations. INF was abysmal today.

I can't believe that costumes aren't RFID enabled. Would have made life so much easier, like having lunchboxes and backpacks tagged during BTS would have.

I can't believe that costumes aren't RFID enabled. Would have made life so much easier, like having lunchboxes and backpacks tagged during BTS would have.
Or having the BTS uniforms RFID disabled. Most of the number-sized BTS sizes had them disabled. Luckily (or unfortunately) my store wasn’t fast enough pushing out clothes so I found nearly all of them in the back.

Or having the BTS uniforms RFID disabled. Most of the number-sized BTS sizes had them disabled. Luckily (or unfortunately) my store wasn’t fast enough pushing out clothes so I found nearly all of them in the back.

Is it sad that the SFS people in my store pushed more BTS uniforms than softlines did. When we found an assortment we pushed it out cause we knew we would never find it again on the random vehicles so we would push it. That was the only way we could keep track of it was get it on the floor. Cause softlines it seems couldn't even tell the difference between boys and girls polo shirts.

Is it sad that the SFS people in my store pushed more BTS uniforms than softlines did. When we found an assortment we pushed it out cause we knew we would never find it again on the random vehicles so we would push it. That was the only way we could keep track of it was get it on the floor. Cause softlines it seems couldn't even tell the difference between boys and girls polo shirts.
Softlines is the one department that is always behind. The only time I’ve seen them up-to-date is before a visit. Sometimes I can’t even tell without looking without the DPCI. The low quality photos don’t help either.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on the electricians to show up. They were supposed to be here last Monday...The break from SFS is nice and all but now its getting pretty boring without it.

I'm still waiting on the electricians to show up. They were supposed to be here last Monday...The break from SFS is nice and all but now its getting pretty boring without it.
We've been off for a month. Finally got our printers on monday and electricians came the other day. Now that we're starting up, it's gonna be fun yelling at the unload team to get their shit out of my area~

We've been off for a month. Finally got our printers on monday and electricians came the other day. Now that we're starting up, it's gonna be fun yelling at the unload team to get their shit out of my area~

They wont' like it much if they are like my guys back there, they will get the hint after you hit them like a hammer for a week or so..

Back