I'm glad the person who's in charge in my store told me that if I couldn't find something, then I couldn't find it, and that pressing 'item not found' was perfectly fine.

I have told this to the newbies, when looking for say an item on a shelf. If the spot is empty, look around, up, down, left, right and check behind the things around it. Check my work to see how many we have, remembering if it says zero = one. See if it has another location? no location. Then kill it. If we have 20, call someone, we will both look.

I kept MyAlerts off and my sanity intact today. Gave up on even trying to hit goals, just tried to find what I could, in a reasonable amount of time. A normal day I do flex by myself, with some help from the LOD if necessary. Today we had 5 people and couldn't keep up.
People kept showing up at guest service early to see if their order had been picked yet, and if we knew how much longer it would be.

The thing about INFs (ITEMS NOT FOUND) is that my team shouldn't get dinged for reporting them. If we can't locate an item, a guest shopping the store can't either. Meaning, the truck team failed at putting the item out. The backroom process fails at having a located spot for that item or the salesfloor team failed at relocating that item had it been previously shopped. My team does their due diligence in searching for items. Not only scouring the sales floor and surrounding area, but any known reshop locations, truck vehicles and backstock locations... then they even scour the backroom valley those items should be backstocked in. We put in the effort that many teams don't... and we're also the first to hear it when an item isn't found... because we're the "messengers" we get shot first. But it's not our job to make sure items are in the right place... it's our job to act as guest advocate and retrieve that item.

Things I wish happened when I pressed that Can't Find button... an INF batch is created, an alert is sent to a TL that indicates what items or areas are not being served well and that certain items are being missed. A Salesfloor TL might know where THEY put that shipper, but if it's not located anywhere, we don't.

Getting yelled at by FFTL because we can't find items is a waste of that TL's breathe... we're not slacking, we honestly can't find it.
This plus this screenshot of a comment from reddit from last year.
9C463932-DFAA-4217-91AA-D05E0D1F15BC.jpeg

When picking for OPU. If you accidentally scan the product's shelf label, and then can't find said product, is there any way to cancel or INF that product from the order? I wouldn't want the guest to get charged for something we didn't give them.

Hypothetically this situation would occur 5 minutes before store closing and no one knows what to do. Hypothetically.

When picking for OPU. If you accidentally scan the product's shelf label, and then can't find said product, is there any way to cancel or INF that product from the order? I wouldn't want the guest to get charged for something we didn't give them.

Hypothetically this situation would occur 5 minutes before store closing and no one knows what to do. Hypothetically.
Hypothetically if this was to happen there is a sorta work around. If it’s asking for multiple quantities, don’t enter an amount and force close the app. This will send you back to the scan item page which fixes the ‘scan shelf label.’ If however it’s asking for 1 quantity, you’ll have to put it into hold like regular an OPU. Remember the last name and go under MyGO to the guest order and cancel the item with the note being ‘Unfulfilled’

CSC told us to do it that way. I’m not sure if the guest will get the ‘Ready for Pickup’ or ‘Cancel items’ email.

This plus this screenshot of a comment from reddit from last year.
View attachment 6698

Like just about everything at Target it's a reflection on poor leadership. INFs get taken seriously because it's something that actually affects store leadership and that corporate will hold them accountable for. All of the specific things that go into why an item wasn't found aren't things that they will be held directly accountable for. That inbounds is just throwing product on pegs in the general location of where it is supposed to go isn't something that corporate knows directly about. That zoning by the closing team consists of maybe pushing one box to the front and nothing more isn't something that corporate sees.

Things like that could be fixed, but it would require store leadership to actually get in the trenches, work and lead. They would have to identify which team members do the job right and give them the hours and ability to do it, not move them off to do things in other WCs. They would need to either properly train TMs that don't do things right, move them somewhere else they would be better at, or stop giving them hours to screw things up. But, that would take real work and leadership. It's harder than standing around in a huddle discussing lunch plans or spending all day in a low traffic area of the store resetting a single endcap. Lord knows it's much harder than just getting pissy with the flex fill TM who can't find something.

So, apologies to my flex fill team members. I know certain things in my WC are time-consuming to find. Seriously, good luck with those Paw Patrol, Our Generation, and Bey Blade picks. You'll need it. Yes, it would be easier if I was backstocking and zoning regularly. It would be better if I was around to help you when needed too. I'm probably in office supplies or small appliances though pushing their freight. Walkie me. I'll run back to help.

The post to which you were replying seems to have been rescinded. :)
Oh, they said that SFS seemed easy or something.

Can't you swipe left on an item to cancel it on the Put To Hold screen? Or cancel it in myGO after?

what app controls the printing of SFS pack slips? And is there a way to submit feedback? As a GSTM, who deals with hundreds of them a day (beyond just putting them in boxes), I have THOUGHTS.

what app controls the printing of SFS pack slips? And is there a way to submit feedback? As a GSTM, who deals with hundreds of them a day (beyond just putting them in boxes), I have THOUGHTS.

Pack'n'Ship for stores that are using USPS

Pack'n'Ship 2.0 for stores that are using UPS

Maybe someone can chime in on where to submit feedback

You don't mind sharing those thoughts?

Pack'n'Ship for stores that are using USPS

Pack'n'Ship 2.0 for stores that are using UPS

Maybe someone can chime in on where to submit feedback

You don't mind sharing those thoughts?
Oh no, I want to share those thoughts. As a GSTM, there are pretty glaring issues with these slips, some can be fixed by software, some would require a complete redesign of the slip.

If anyone knows where to submit pack n ship feedback I’d appreciate it

Oh, they said that SFS seemed easy or something.

Can't you swipe left on an item to cancel it on the Put To Hold screen? Or cancel it in myGO after?
@Dead and Khaki they said something around “PUO is easy.” I mean don’t get me wrong I like OPU but it’s only easy when it’s not clothing. That’s when it’s hell.

I tried swiping on Put to Hold screen but that doesn’t work. CSC said do it via MyGO in the Pat.
All but the 70 FedEx stores are now on 2.0.
Are those test stores or a slow rollout stopping them from 2.0?

Manhattan / FedEx System Dependency. They'll migrate next year.

I don't know specifically where. You could try mysupporting or calling the CSC and specifically mentioning you have feedback for the pack and ship team.
Def not calling the CSC. I guess I could MySupport but I’d prefer not to if there’s like an email or a human on the team I could reach out to

I don't know anyone on that team specifically unfortunately.
I suppose you could have your STL reach out to their OD with feedback.
I hear about OD feedback a lot.
Eh. I’ll just live with it :) maybe I’ll MySupport... I wonder when I call CSC when release doesn’t work if that gets flagged for someone to look into. Idk why they can’t just print receipt number and vcd.

Is the INF % based on dollar amounts or eaches?

Logically, I would assume it's based on dollar amount, which is why I'm going to spend a lot more time looking for the two $149.99 hover boards that we supposedly have three of, rather than the $19.99 pair of moccasins that is the only pair in the store.

I asked the FF TL and she wasn't sure.

Is the INF % based on dollar amounts or eaches?

Logically, I would assume it's based on dollar amount, which is why I'm going to spend a lot more time looking for the two $149.99 hover boards that we supposedly have three of, rather than the $19.99 pair of moccasins that is the only pair in the store.

I asked the FF TL and she wasn't sure.

INF is consistent in 1 = 1. But the amount of money an item is goes towards comp %, I believe. Higher priced items should get more focus for that factor.

However, 30 INFs of PS4s and 30 INFs of bags of M&Ms are the same towards the INF %.

The thing about INFs (ITEMS NOT FOUND) is that my team shouldn't get dinged for reporting them. If we can't locate an item, a guest shopping the store can't either. Meaning, the truck team failed at putting the item out. The backroom process fails at having a located spot for that item or the salesfloor team failed at relocating that item had it been previously shopped. My team does their due diligence in searching for items. Not only scouring the sales floor and surrounding area, but any known reshop locations, truck vehicles and backstock locations... then they even scour the backroom valley those items should be backstocked in. We put in the effort that many teams don't... and we're also the first to hear it when an item isn't found... because we're the "messengers" we get shot first. But it's not our job to make sure items are in the right place... it's our job to act as guest advocate and retrieve that item.

Things I wish happened when I pressed that Can't Find button... an INF batch is created, an alert is sent to a TL that indicates what items or areas are not being served well and that certain items are being missed. A Salesfloor TL might know where THEY put that shipper, but if it's not located anywhere, we don't.

Getting yelled at by FFTL because we can't find items is a waste of that TL's breathe... we're not slacking, we honestly can't find it.
Yessss
Honestly clicking “can’t find” should just auto-ding to the LOD so we don’t have to clog up the walkies annoying them with OPU DPCI numbers that they probably won’t find either.

I was scheduled for flexfulfillment tomorrow from 1-9:30 and feel like I was boned. I have done epicks before because I am on the flow team and do backroom at least once or twice a week. My only concern is that I don't want to screw up, but actually help the demand of my store. I had very little training and since I'll be by myself for at least 3hrs I will probably get overwhelmed with doing the picks and the packing and such. How do you normal SFS people do it everyday?

Come in make sure you got all the equipments then start working if your store is anything like mines they won't help you in any way or shape/form at all unless you find someone thats a real team player want to actually get shyt done correctly and on time. Even at busy times like this I always just atleast try but then still get yell/blame at by my STL ETL LODs the only good in all of this is that my CTL is really cool person that makes the store lively fun. It was really awesome to work in consumables from like May to late August then they force me into Fulfillment..

I was scheduled for flexfulfillment tomorrow from 1-9:30 and feel like I was boned. I have done epicks before because I am on the flow team and do backroom at least once or twice a week. My only concern is that I don't want to screw up, but actually help the demand of my store. I had very little training and since I'll be by myself for at least 3hrs I will probably get overwhelmed with doing the picks and the packing and such. How do you normal SFS people do it everyday?

Here's a rundown for you: never push all the truck. Wrap unpushed pallets and stow up in steel. Received a new truck, then another, then another, all without pushing 100% of any of them. Try to find the dinosaur mask that came in 5 trucks ago but was never sold. Get blamed for high INF % by clearly retarded management. Clock out. No stress at all. That's my day. Oh, and I'm the signing tm. I have 2 full pallets of signing from late last week sitting in the fixture room. And since I'm scheduled 40 hours sfs this week, on my next signing shit, I'm either dumping all of it in the compactor or rolling them outside to get ruined by the rain. I'll pat myself on the back for that job well done thank you.

Back