So, can someone enlighten me about how orders are routed to stores? My assumption was that when you place an order on Target.com, your order gets routed to the store with on hands. But this is clearly not the only consideration.

I base this on where we send orders. I'm in Ohio. Most of our orders are 4 or more states away. And, it's sometimes items any Target routinely carries. For example, paper towels. We shipped paper towels, one package, to Brooklyn, New York. What? Alaska? Sent it. California? Yep. Hawaii? Aloha.

So how is this possibly cost effective for the company. The margin on a pack of paper towels can't possibly pay for the time it takes to pick it, pack it, figure in the packing materials, and labor/gas to ship it from Ohio to New York.

So, can someone enlighten me about how orders are routed to stores? My assumption was that when you place an order on Target.com, your order gets routed to the store with on hands. But this is clearly not the only consideration.

I base this on where we send orders. I'm in Ohio. Most of our orders are 4 or more states away. And, it's sometimes items any Target routinely carries. For example, paper towels. We shipped paper towels, one package, to Brooklyn, New York. What? Alaska? Sent it. California? Yep. Hawaii? Aloha.

So how is this possibly cost effective for the company. The margin on a pack of paper towels can't possibly pay for the time it takes to pick it, pack it, figure in the packing materials, and labor/gas to ship it from Ohio to New York.

My store is in the SE of the US. It is not uncommon for us to ship orders to CA, OR, WA, and AK. I don’t get it.

I think Target is eating the cost of shipping from less than ideal locales in order to boost reliability.
If I order a product, I expect to get it, in a reasonable time. Doesn't matter to me as a guest where it comes from. It does matter if it gets cancelled (due to excessive volume of orders, lack of stock, etc) or takes longer than quoted.

My guess is we have such a big contract with UPS or USPS or whatever that it doesn’t *really* matter. Shipping really isn’t *that* expensive. I ship items on eBay every once in a while... it’s surprisngly cheap and that’s without the bulk rate target gets

My guess is we have such a big contract with UPS or USPS or whatever that it doesn’t *really* matter. Shipping really isn’t *that* expensive. I ship items on eBay every once in a while... it’s surprisngly cheap and that’s without the bulk rate target gets

Our last 2 income and earnings reports fell short due to the shipping costs. Sales are great, but.... free shipping isn't really free on the balance sheet.

But this is the same braintrust that implemented modernization.

I see job listings for Fulfillment and Just in Time Fulfillment. What's the difference?

Meaning you are temp for a week or two then unemployed again. What the "just in time" people were last 4th quarter.. In other words fucking useless help. Not trained no time for training so given the most mundane tasks that even then were screwed up.

Yet every SFS TM, myself included, has been cut to about 10 hours next week, even though we lost our captain, so those hours should be in the mix. Cool.

Next week is Green Monday.. gonna be busy.

And I was told I was gonna get some nice overnight shifts for the days surrounding that, yet all I have is a handful of four hour shifts! I do not want to hear any more about going to stores 45 miles away because nobody ordered supplies, how we're still picking and packing past 6, etc. I'm not trying to make myself sound better than I am: I'm not as fast as they'd like, I'll fully admit it. Regardless, the disconnect is frustrating, when you're being told how impressed multiple people are with your growth and then nothing. I'm not seasonal and like I said, our captain got another job so I figured I'd be safe after the holidays since I've moved up seniority-wise, but now I'm not so sure.

There needs to be a forced task when picking from a case pack designed area from the stockroom.

For instance..

Pull 4, 1 needed for order.

Some people now just set the other 3 at the end of the aisle. Epick needs to make the picker backstock the unneeded quantity. Now you need to toggle to MyWork to do this.

We just built this functionality and it will be released in January.

We just built this functionality and it will be released in January.

Anyway something can be added when picking mulitples and your scanning them in. Example picking 10 of a certain video game on the floor and as you scan it into cart it says 1 of 10, 2 of 10.... The amount of missed items from seasonals was amazing this year.

Anyway something can be added when picking mulitples and your scanning them in. Example picking 10 of a certain video game on the floor and as you scan it into cart it says 1 of 10, 2 of 10.... The amount of missed items from seasonals was amazing this year.

I had to hammer that home, watch the name on the order and how many its asking for. They would grab one hit enter then just keep scanning until it went away. The amount of miles I walked trying to find shit they supposedly picked is just insane this year.. It was the same last year but I don't know why they can't figure it out this year.

I wish somehow the RFID was built into the zebra. Then no one is without one. We have 3 for whole store.

I would just love for people to put the damn gun back in the charger. I get asked all the time why I never use it, "Cause all three are dead when I come into work!!!" Someone broke the battery charger sleeve? I don't know what to call it, but it holds two batteries in a charge bay.. Someone smashed it so it no longer works.

I wish somehow the RFID was built into the zebra. Then no one is without one. We have 3 for whole store.

Yes... We got lucky and have 5.... And the other day the amount of missing video games was ridiculous. This year was wayyy worse. Multiple items from many carts... Last year was like an item here and there.

Back