Posting in the most recently active SFS thread...

I’m now over SFS and couldn’t be more red in every single metric if we tried. It’s bad. Worst in the group, worst in the district.

Trying to improve so I’m sure I’ll be on here a bit.

First question, our OPU and Drive Ups accumulate from 10pm to 7am. All must be picked by 8:30AM.

The past week, we’ve picked all orders prior to 8:30AM, yet our OPU Pick On Time % is not 100%, sometimes as low as 60% by 8:30AM.

I’ve noticed it still shows missed goals even as were closed, is it possible these missed goals are negatively effecting the % even though we are closed? Should I call someone? A glitch?

ETL over it doesn’t know.
Thanks as always.
Yes you should call it in to CSC and if they can’t help then My Support it. OPU’s must be picked until 30 min before store closes and any from overnight have to be in by 30 min after store opens. Sometimes missed goals don’t pop up in my alerts but in greenfield you can see them the next day

For apparel you might need to teach your team how to properly use the RFID guns. They can be tricky and slow. Knowing how to use them will bring that INF% way down. For me, it's knowing that our guns don't work if you pull the trigger while looking for something. I squeeze it a couple of times then lay off it while searching for items.

Beauty sucks. The first trick is to understant that epick typically doesnn't give you great product information there. Your TMs may need to click through to MyWork to see the brand and additional item info. That will help them find the product. I've also partnered with our Specialty Sales TL to make sure regular audits are done and I have her permission to rip anything that is not in the right place off the shelves to toss in a reshop bin. As a result I very rarely have INFs in Beauty and any that do pop up can be chalked up to theft or repack boxes I didn't have time to look through.

We use them regularly it’s just inaccurate counts
This new change with batch sizes is ridiculous. I open SFS and my first batch today was 92 tasks with 103 items. Over 95% of the items were apparel (which, in reality, is over 90 unlocated items). Took almost 3 hours to complete (as I have to do all of the OPU/DU orders that drop). Pleased that I only had to INF one item, but a major headache to say the l
Yes you should call it in to CSC and if they can’t help then My Support it. OPU’s must be picked until 30 min before store closes and any from overnight have to be in by 30 min after store opens. Sometimes missed goals don’t pop up in my alerts but in greenfield you can see them the next day

It was an error, only happened two days every other we’ve been 100% at start of day. Finally got s full greenfield tutorial on OPU/SFS today too- didn’t know it was so detailed.

I've seen a few people mention typing OPU/DU orders into a location while they are still in your cart (helps in not missing goal times). Has anyone had GS get mad if the guest shows up to get their order while you're already on your way to GS to deliver the order?

I've seen a few people mention typing OPU/DU orders into a location while they are still in your cart (helps in not missing goal times). Has anyone had GS get mad if the guest shows up to get their order while you're already on your way to GS to deliver the order?
Nah. The most I let an order sit out of location is five, maybe ten minutes. Sometimes the GSA offers to meet me half way to put the order in for me, but I’ve never encountered a problem otherwise. Outside of Q4 and BTS, guests don’t pick up their orders that quickly at my store.

I've done this a ton when it comes to big bulky items like patio furniture. I'll tell my team to take their Zebra and go "turn it in", while I go get the crown and pull the huge-ass box with an egg-shaped chair down from the steel. With our backroom no-way anybody can get some of the items up in the steel, bring it down, and bring it up front in 30mins. So I just have them turn it in while I get it. Worse case scenario the guest shows up and I hop on walkie to tell the front-end "that I'm wheeling it up on a flat right now!"

there's a few issues with that:
- you can't guarantee that the order will fit into the hold location you've scanned
- if you don't remember which location you scanned and then put it into the wrong location, the order would get lost
- the guest could show up while you're on your way to actually put the order in location, and then Guest Service doesn't have an order to actually give the guest
- if it's a drive up, goal time could be missed while you're still making your way up front to put the order in location

i guess it depends on your order pickup business, but we definitely have guests at my store who show up just minutes after receiving confirmation that their order is ready.

because of how this would impact our front of store guest experience, if it were something happening repeatedly, we'd coach for it.

- you can't guarantee that the order will fit into the hold location you've scanned
- if you don't remember which location you scanned and then put it into the wrong location, the order would get lost
- the guest could show up while you're on your way to actually put the order in location, and then Guest Service doesn't have an order to actually give the guest
- if it's a drive up, goal time could be missed while you're still making your way up front to put the order in location

i guess it depends on your order pickup business, but we definitely have guests at my store who show up just minutes after receiving confirmation that their order is ready.

because of how this would impact our front of store guest experience, if it were something happening repeatedly, we'd coach for it.
How many locations do you have for things that are a pallet sized box? We have 1 location we use for everything that's big and it works perfectly fine

I would like to know wtf do we have 30 min to pick when Target tells them 2 hours and we are rushing around like lunatics? What is the logical reason? Are we in a race that that we dont know about? Not like we get any prize for an fast Opu or Du. No appreciation or even a atta boy or girl, hell a dog gets more praise for taking a dump outside.

How many locations do you have for things that are a pallet sized box? We have 1 location we use for everything that's big and it works perfectly fine

we have three locations where bulk items can be stowed. but that’s kinda missing the point.

Zero. Nowhere to put something pallet sized. We stage it on a flat near guest service, on the sales floor.

I would like to know wtf do we have 30 min to pick when Target tells them 2 hours and we are rushing around like lunatics? What is the logical reason? Are we in a race that that we dont know about? Not like we get any prize for an fast Opu or Du. No appreciation or even a atta boy or girl, hell a dog gets more praise for taking a dump outside.
Yeah I missed a goal during my watch because of two big ones. Called for help but still missed it. Like I don’t care anymore.

The idea behind the goal time is to ensure that orders are ready to be picked up by the time that is guaranteed to the guest. For example, if an OPU drops as soon as I leave for my lunch, and the person covering OPUs never turns his notifications on (and none of the leaders are paying attention) then we're definitely not making that goal on time. And if we told that guest that their order would be ready in 30 minutes, that guest is going to be livid when they find out that it's not ready yet. Because we told them it would take two hours, we give ourselves a bit of a cushion just in case something goes south. (The goal time also helps keeps TM from procrastinating. If we had the full two hour window to complete an order, I'm willing to bet we'd have a few members who wait until there were only 15 minutes left.)

Before I worked at Target I loved being able to order my items online and pick it up in store. And I was always amazed at how quickly my order would be prepared. Instead of the two hours I was expecting, it was done in twenty minutes. That being said, I think if we're going to keep telling guests that their order will be ready in two hours, it would be reasonable to allow our goal time to be one hour. I think one hour is enough of a cushion between goal time and the guest's guaranteed time. We're still getting that guest's order done in half the amount time they thought it would take.

2 locations for something that large. Not that I'd ever be able to put something that large there because because those locations are normally full with overflow from our regular bulk hold locations at the front of the store.

None. We stage it somewhere in the back, hope it won't get fucked with or worse sold(has happened). We tag it to one location in GS where we can post it note it, we leave the last place we left it so they can hopefully find it.

At 4th quarter I have taken to tagging the STL office with a location label and putting the worst, largest crap we get in there.. He won't allow us to have a bulk steel location so I make sure for at least a month or so he feels the pain. And yes I have stacked that stupid toy ice cream truck right on his damn desk..

Last edited:

I have the bulk hold location printed on my name tag . As for the drive up you have plenty of time to get it down on a flat and up at the front before you even get the alert that the guest it’s here.

I have the bulk hold location printed on my name tag . As for the drive up you have plenty of time to get it down on a flat and up at the front before you even get the alert that the guest it’s here.

unless the guest says they're on the way and then they’re here at the same time. or they’re even less than 5 minutes away.

Almost everything in softlines always reads 0 on the floor for me. I pay no attention to their counts. Scan the brand area on the floor. Scan the fitting room. Scan the appropriate backroom aisle. Scan the sort area. Scan the reshop bin. Sounds like a pain, but it's not too bad. But, we're usually caught up on softlines truck. SD makes sure they get the hours they need.

And good fucking luck finding it. One I was given was last sold in the beginning of March and zero on hand and was d-code.. NOT RFID = INF that fucker..

While, I agree. I'd at least recommend hanging on to it in your batch until the very end that way it will look like you spent time on it. As a lead, I always go full rage (to myself) when I look over our INF list and it shows me a TM spent 1 min. looking for an item. It's like did they even try? At the very least, attempt to trick me into thinking you looked for it by holding it in your batch until the end, so the report will say you looked for it for more than 5 damn minutes. lol

Back