I know with the way things drop now understood but if I have to slide some work due to needing people in other places like OPU that is what is going to slide. Cause our evening leadership loves to steal our second person to push the truck so that leaves the one picker to keep up with OPU's. We are treated like trash until the DTL wants to know why our numbers suck. We have learned to let shit crash and burn cause they only care when they get in trouble.

Proficient we are not allowed to not ask. We have to call for ETL approval every single time its a softlines item. Cause literally over 90% of what we INF is softlines.. And suddenly its an issue.. We have been saying that for over a year that they were a shit show. Now the TL's have to explain why the system says we have 12 of them and they are nowhere. And they came in five days ago with none sold. So where are they? And the STL and our ETL are making them dig through their piles of shit to find them.

Wow. I can't even imagine. I have a lower INF% in style than GM. Love my Style Team.

Apparently the other day they left two trainees alone (established TM called off and I was only there half the day -- I wasn't about to stay) and although they kept asking for help (and I believe them, because they're pretty responsible and concerned about goals), they never got it and one worked during his lunch off the clock. I don't think they made it by 4:30, the new TMs weren't really sure. And now they're cutting the hours of established TMs so that ONLY seasonals are working all day a lot (for the record, someone I trained last month is now training newer seasonals), so it's all just the patients running the nuthouse, so to speak.

I really need to speed up the job search. I hoped to leave right after the holidays amid the January slashing, but I don't think I care anymore if I leave them during Q4, since they don't seem to care about SFS either.

Wow. I can't even imagine. I have a lower INF% in style than GM. Love my Style Team.

They hardly trained a newbie in shoes and he was just putting shoes in the backroom locations, not actually locating them. They knew for weeks, no one told us. We were INF'ing a lot of shoes cause shoes should have locations. We actually were never told we just started RFID'ing the shoe wall(we run them down a side wall for the entire length of that stockroom) and hit after hit after hit none located in the system. And when we said something "oh they have been working on that." No one thought we needed to know that was a problem. We have known over a month it's still not fixed. We still can't find many of the kids hats, gloves, or long johns they are just scattered throughout the stock room on random shelves.

They hardly trained a newbie in shoes and he was just putting shoes in the backroom locations, not actually locating them. They knew for weeks, no one told us. We were INF'ing a lot of shoes cause shoes should have locations. We actually were never told we just started RFID'ing the shoe wall(we run them down a side wall for the entire length of that stockroom) and hit after hit after hit none located in the system. And when we said something "oh they have been working on that." No one thought we needed to know that was a problem. We have known over a month it's still not fixed. We still can't find many of the kids hats, gloves, or long johns they are just scattered throughout the stock room on random shelves.
😂😂 nothing in our style aisles are located. Have to use a RFID. Or I have to find stuff everyday I’m starting to memorize where stuff is unloaded without a RFID.

Same. So I literally typed and printed a "helpful tip" sheet for all my newbies and taped it to our packing stations. Stuff like that: chem in bags, no food and chem, SIOC, where to find extra supplies, etc. I'm too paranoid I'll be off one day and all hell will break loose so I wanted to leave something for them to refer to...
That’s exactly what I was planning on doing tomorrow. That way no one can claim that they weren’t taught that, I’ll point to it and smile. And please no DVDs in bags. Please I’m begging you.

😂😂 nothing in our style aisles are located. Have to use a RFID. Or I have to find stuff everyday I’m starting to memorize where stuff is unloaded without a RFID.
I am chomping at the bit to get in the back and fix my aisle as I know there are issues (not my doing), but between fitting room, reshop, price changes, and truck push, I cannot find the time. And I know that when I'm not there, people are backstocking stuff that does not need to be backstocked, and it irks the hell out of me.

A seasonal I trained quit already. She was here just one day. Another also left after a week or so. Also our TL said seasonals are not to be taught how to pack or pack at all no matter what. A sfs tm tells me he let a brand new hire who started 2 days ago pack, because he didn't feel comfortable giving orders.

I'm just going to enjoy the shit show this year. It's already chaos. Last year district shut our sfs down from Nov 30th until early March because seasonals and others created such a clusterfuck with packing, picks, and sts. It can't be that bad this year. It can't...

Also our TL said seasonals are not to be taught how to pack or pack at all no matter what.

Thats the idea, experts will pack and seasonals will pick.

I love how no one even mentioned what we'll do when we take lunch, or run out of Zebras. Its not just our department that have seasonals, and the others will have have their own.

This was a problem every year, and nothing changed. You'll still want substitutes incase of emergencies, and I already got a few back-up seasonals that can pack well if need be.

Running out of zebras I'm sure is a thing that will happen. Everyone in GM is required to have one now while working. Good because they don't expect you to find where the item goes by magic anymore. Bad because 99% of people (me included) aren't giving it up if someone calls asking for one.

Yeah, sure "fuck you got mine" is bad but I'm going to get grilled if I don't finish at least SOME of my job and the zebra is the only way I can speed up right now.

I just don't get it. I've already figured out in my head who should pick and pack based on what I've seen in their performance. They're mostly just too slow picking because they don't know the store, don't know who to talk to to find items, so why are we letting them loose like that? I'm a veteran and I'm still not great with packing, so why wouldn't we play to their strengths?

We don't have a TL anymore and we're either going to have no oversight and help, or everyone higher up is just going to stick their nose in and give us conflicting directions. Can't wait!

Our early seasonal hires are being taught to pack. They are already working, and we just need enough packers for peak, so we are considering them new hires rather than seasonal.

I’ve taught my seasonals how to pick OPUs and pack, but I don’t trust them yet on picking SFS. All my veterans will be picking with the exception of one, who will oversee the packing so I don’t have to make a million trips back there for a jammed tape dispenser. Don’t care what the Addendum says on that one.

What, you guys don't think that throwing 40 seasonals with 2 shifts of training out to pick one batch every two hours while INFing half of it is a good idea?

I have a regular TM who does that now. Well I haven't seen her hit an OPU goal in weeks and they are an hour now.. WTF?

Back