It’s November 4th and I’ve only gotten two seasonals to train. I say this every year but this will easily be the worst Q4 EVER.
Yikes. I'm up to 6, now, which still isnt nearly enough. And it's all so mentally draining. Remembering what I've explained to one and not to another is hard. I'll have one on day 2, another on day 1, and then I'm still keeping track of my 1 week dude to make sure he's okay and not wrecking havoc.

I'm gonna be curled up on the floor rocking back and forth and sobbing by Black Friday 😂

Yikes. I'm up to 6, now, which still isnt nearly enough. And it's all so mentally draining. Remembering what I've explained to one and not to another is hard. I'll have one on day 2, another on day 1, and then I'm still keeping track of my 1 week dude to make sure he's okay and not wrecking havoc.

I'm gonna be curled up on the floor rocking back and forth and sobbing by Black Friday 😂

RUDE to steal my post word for word! 😄 I'm having the exact same problem, and since I'm an over-apologizer, I'm constantly like "If I told you this before, I'm not saying it again because you're necessarily doing something wrong or I think you're stupid, I just can't remember one minute from the next!"

It’s November 4th and I’ve only gotten two seasonals to train. I say this every year but this will easily be the worst Q4 EVER.
One didn’t even make it to her second week. Called out then NCNS. Second one I’m sure got termed yesterday. I think there are two or three more but I’ve never met them.

One I've had here for 2 weeks messed up royally today, twice.
First, with the little bundles of gift bags he counted each bag as an individual one...told the system he found 30+ but only found like 12 bundles.
Then, I went to pack his 2nd cart and 4 different little decorative xmas trees were missing. I confronted him about it and he claims he never picked them or saw then on epick. But, um, obviously that cant be true.

I've also just left my shift 1 trainee with my shift 5 seasonal because I cant trust anyone else and need to take my lunch. 😭 😭 😭

So, yeah, fun morning with my small gang of seasonals.

I have trained maybe 6 or 7 people. We will see how long they last. Its hard to explain to them how crazy shit gets back there in the next few weeks. Few can hang especially when they mess up and have people questioning them. I dont expect perfection but if you have to scan the item to put it in the damn cart.....why isnt it in the damn cart?????

They always scan the shelf label first, THEN they realize "Oh, crap, the item isn't here" but keep going because, hey, it's not technically an INF 🙄
I will admit i was down to my last cart of the day and if I INFd one more item we’d be red for the day so I definitely picked it and cancelled in pack. Only time I’ve done it but I don’t regret it 😂

They always scan the shelf label first, THEN they realize "Oh, crap, the item isn't here" but keep going because, hey, it's not technically an INF
Yeahhh see I stupidly thought me saying "dont ever do that" would keep him from doing it...or at least that he wouldn't blatantly lie to my face. Dude picked 3 OTHER trees he didnt need for pack, and scanned the shelf label for the correct trees we havent stocked yet. Oof

I have trained maybe 6 or 7 people. We will see how long they last. Its hard to explain to them how crazy shit gets back there in the next few weeks. Few can hang especially when they mess up and have people questioning them. I dont expect perfection but if you have to scan the item to put it in the damn cart.....why isnt it in the damn cart?????

Make sure they keep the cart with them. That is how we have lost items in the past. Seasonal left his/her cart walked halfway across the store and it got picked clean.. Can you say 4 pairs of airpods last year.. He got termed for that.

Today was great. Thanks, stupid tiny brands surprise balls that probably are in the store but not backstocked properly. 12/33. 😫

We audited those things out yesterday. It was banging my head against the wall excruciating trying to get my SD to understand why it was important to do so. But, he finally relented. Thank God. He's normally all "Yeah whatever. Go ahead and audit that out" whenever I tell him about an issue. But, he was really hesitant with those stupid tiny brand balls that we supposedly had 5 on hand of.

We audited those things out yesterday. It was banging my head against the wall excruciating trying to get my SD to understand why it was important to do so. But, he finally relented. Thank God. He's normally all "Yeah whatever. Go ahead and audit that out" whenever I tell him about an issue. But, he was really hesitant with those stupid tiny brand balls that we supposedly had 5 on hand of.

We are making lists of all our softlines INF's since we are super tracking that crap making it softlines problem. when I come in the next morning I audit out all the crap I know is going to be problems. Jacket we haven't sold since April? Yep audit that shit! Boots we keep getting orders for but they walked off = audit!

We've got 16 somewhere in the store that we're apparently just received. I'm sick of getting orders for this shit when nobody knows where the hell they are. Next time I see an order for em they're getting zeroed.

Our store is in good shape so far. We have a 350 cap per day and 3 people picking. 6-230, 9-530, and 230-10 shifts. 3 of us picked today in a little less than 2 hours. You should be able to pick 3 batches (90-100) in an hour but 2 of them are new within the past 2 weeks so they’re still learning. INF was at 3.9%.

Picking and cancelling orders to lower your INF shouldn’t be done. Once a week I run the INF and cancelled order report from Greenfield and will question my TMs about why items were canceled. Anyone caught canceling to lower INF will get written up. The ONLY time you should pick and cancel is if it’s a salvaged $0.00 priced item. If you don’t have it then you simply don’t have it.

You along with DBOs should be auditing SFQs daily as you pick and they work freight/pulls.

Also for facks sake don’t scan the shelf label. That’s rule #1...

We are making lists of all our softlines INF's since we are super tracking that crap making it softlines problem. when I come in the next morning I audit out all the crap I know is going to be problems. Jacket we haven't sold since April? Yep audit that shit! Boots we keep getting orders for but they walked off = audit!
I thought all of our INFS dropped into an audit batch for the next day. I know our ETL does it when she comes in, at least for hardlines.
In any case, while I totally get why you want to do audits, and hell I do some days, it's not our job. We've already got enough workload, especially this time of year.
To be honest, I'm not sure how often audit even works. The last time I used it about 2 weeks or so ago the counts never changed.

I do it because nobody takes my word for it when I tell them nobody audits anything. It's annoying as shit to be told that my team doesn't look for anything so I wave my inf audit checks in their faces to stop that nonsense.

Nobody's told us to stop auditing (in fact it's usually encouraged by our leaders), but if they do, that's one reason I'm so diligent about writing down our INFs. If the same numbers keep appearing again and again, it will point to why auditing is necessary.

If we're not supposed to because the item may be there, that's a conversation for the DBO about why things aren't EXFd or backstocked properly, or leaders as to why pallets are still in the steel. SFS isn't in charge of everything in the store being in its proper place, but we get the blame when it isn't.

I thought all of our INFS dropped into an audit batch for the next day. I know our ETL does it when she comes in, at least for hardlines.
In any case, while I totally get why you want to do audits, and hell I do some days, it's not our job. We've already got enough workload, especially this time of year.
To be honest, I'm not sure how often audit even works. The last time I used it about 2 weeks or so ago the counts never changed.

That would mean they have to work that report which they don't. No time they say. It's not that big a deal they say. They just started to RFID scan after not doing it for the last six months. So you can imagine the shit show we get to deal with, items that we haven't sold for six to eight months.

The next day's guided audits are almost always just audited to whatever the on hands are. The person doing them doesn't know who INF'd the item and how hard they looked for it, if they looked at all. Audits won't change the counts if they create a drastic count, basically you're auditing out a lot of $$$$. Those need to be taken to leads to accept the new count.

Audits aren't our job. True. They are, however, the number one tool we have to keep INFs green. It's how we prevent people from ordering shit we don't have. It signals the DC to send us more of that shit and then people can order it again after we get it in. Corporate says we aren't supposed to audit anymore, which is stupid. That will naturally lead to more outs and bad counts accumulating over time. So I have no problems going to my SD or ETL-GM about any problem items or sections and letting them order an audit. And, I don't bitch if they tell me to do it between orders. Auditing something to zero that just ruined your INF% is satisfying as hell.

Does anybody have the part numbers to order the belts for the air bag machine and the brushes for the WAT machine? TIA!
Not sure about airbag machine but the brush I supposed to be cleaned not replaced. My support if you absolutely need a new one but they told me to just clean it. I assume the airbag machine is the same considering to order either machine you need to place a my support

Not sure about airbag machine but the brush I supposed to be cleaned not replaced. My support if you absolutely need a new one but they told me to just clean it. I assume the airbag machine is the same considering to order either machine you need to place a my support

Ok, the old SFS lead said to have the PMT order a backup just in case during the busy season. I do clean the brush but it's nasty.

Back