The DBO needs to process the salvage out of the system. If it is NOT processed OUT then the system assumes the item is STILL IN the department even if it has gone salvage.
The problem we are running into is there were back to school items that were either NOT on the salvage list or were MISSED. Those DPCI’s are now ringing at FULL price ! No longer clearance and NOT eligible for salvage ! In inventory with NO location to go to.

Being behind on clearance & salvage is killing us.

We have those problems too...

*Throw in Style being the biggest offender of salvage

*improper backstocking (today i had to find a 12-pack of bounty paper towels.... 40 on-hand and not a damn thing in the store? INF+Audit)

*Auditing outs not being done

*POGs being set late and tied when nothings there (palletized and hidden in an off-site container over a visit)

*RFID not properly done and a good chunk of items deactivated

*Seasonals getting scheduled and don't even show up

* ETL complaining about our pick productivity (whole team grabbing busy volumes of OPUs and all of the above store problems for SFS does that..) As of result, not one of us expert TMs can even manage that with all the store problems we deal with from above. We still manage the most attempted units, at least

Q4 is going to show the store's ugly rear end that we've hinted at for months 🤨

*improper backstocking (today i had to find a 12-pack of bounty paper towels.... 40 on-hand and not a damn thing in the store? INF+Audit)

*POGs being set late and tied when nothings there (palletized and hidden in an off-site container over a visit)

* ETL complaining about our pick productivity (whole team grabbing busy volumes of OPUs and all of the above store problems for SFS does that..) As of result, not one of us expert TMs can even manage that with all the store problems we deal with from above. We still manage the most attempted units, at least

Q4 is beginning to feel like the battle of Helm's Deep. we can see the army coming and we know it's going to be bad, but there's no elves/Eomer/random Rohan lord to save us

We have 2100 at risk right now, with 600 already in gun for tommorow. So walking into 3,000 dpcis tommorow. Amazingly we're in decent shape as far as everyone knowing what to do and thier roles etc. But we are lacking the manpower. We need more bodies. I've been running all over helping the seasonals and trying to knock out as many opu's as possible. Utterly exhausted

Target needs to distribute orders more evenly. You guys had 2100 we had 60 for today 200 for tomorrow and 50 for Tuesday. We had that cleared by 12 we want and we need more than what they are giving us.

We have 2100 at risk right now, with 600 already in gun for tommorow. So walking into 3,000 dpcis tommorow. Amazingly we're in decent shape as far as everyone knowing what to do and thier roles etc. But we are lacking the manpower. We need more bodies. I've been running all over helping the seasonals and trying to knock out as many opu's as possible. Utterly exhausted
Same...closing tonight and still at 600(800) for today and then 500 tomorrow and climbing. It's just me and one other guy since 5. This ain't gonna work all Q4.

I'm pretty sure we had our stress test today and they only had seasonals scheduled (two of whom NCNSd in the past three days). We don't have a TL right now and the TL who has been covering for us hates SFS so they wouldn't go out of their way to help us or, well, even tell us about it. I wasn't scheduled today and they called me in, but I was asleep and missed the call. Can't wait for the fallout both immediate (tomorrow will be a mess since we'll still have overdue orders and Mondays are always busy and woefully understaffed) and longterm (we won't get orders since we failed the test, so to speak, and they'll cut the hours of us reliable regulars for flaky and poor-performing seasonals, which they did last week and this upcoming week because this place makes no sense). 😑

The DBO needs to process the salvage out of the system. If it is NOT processed OUT then the system assumes the item is STILL IN the department even if it has gone salvage.
The problem we are running into is there were back to school items that were either NOT on the salvage list or were MISSED. Those DPCI’s are now ringing at FULL price ! No longer clearance and NOT eligible for salvage ! In inventory with NO location to go to.

Being behind on clearance & salvage is killing us.

Yep. Our problem is style/softlines INF's it doesn't help I see on the regular salvage items I have no choice but to INF out since they are nowhere to be found.

You must be in my store cause that has been the last year of my life.

Target needs to distribute orders more evenly. You guys had 2100 we had 60 for today 200 for tomorrow and 50 for Tuesday. We had that cleared by 12 we want and we need more than what they are giving us.
Stress test. But also with that many units they must have 4-6 pack stations.

You're not a store that does opu and SFS as one team are you? Because that statistic made me chuckle a bit.

Ufortunately, direction from my DSD is no auditing by anyone except SD and Beauty/Electronics :rolleyes:

My team does both OPU and SFS. You have an hour to pick OPUs so you let them sit for the first 40 minutes then blitz them. Even with that it’s still easy to pick 3 SFS batches in an hour. If you’re not picking that much there needs to be more training on efficiency.

Last edited:
My team does both OPU and SFS. You have an hour to pick OPUs so you let them sit for the first 40 minutes then blitz them. Even with that it’s still easy to pick 3 SFS batches in an hour. If you’re not picking that much there needs to be more training on efficiency.

How many OPU units do you get in a day? There's no way that I could let them sit for 40 minutes. Even on relatively light days I couldn't do that. Maybe in the afternoons and evenings we could let OPUs sit for that long as we're a very morning heavy store. 200 or so OPU units by noonish is normal though. Someone (me) needs to be working those orders as soon as possible.

You let them sit for 40 minutes??? What about when another 6 batches drop during that 40 and something in the first sitting batch isn’t located so you have to spend 15 minutes hunting it down in a repack box? You’re so far behind the 8 ball at that point, it’s really hard to catch up, especially if you’re the only one doing OPUs.

Have your stores started setting Amplified Gifting yet? Our stores had the idea to tie them all AG1, AG2, etc.... So we are getting orders for this crap now and have no idea where any of it is because they didn't tie it to the department it's in. And they don't go in any logical order.

Have your stores started setting Amplified Gifting yet? Our stores had the idea to tie them all AG1, AG2, etc.... So we are getting orders for this crap now and have no idea where any of it is because they didn't tie it to the department it's in. And they don't go in any logical order.
Yep AG1, 2, 3, etc here too. Dumb. Better than Z, because thats already being used for fake ties around the store.

Back