How's Q4 SFS going? My STL keeps making sure our team is doing the next day's work. Apparently one day they all bumrushed everything so now we're coming *way* ahead of the curve on our SFS units

I just cut them out and put them above or Below the box on the pack station. I found it faster than the scan sheet because even that half a second for your brain to register which barcode on the sheet is the right one takes up time after a while. I just scan as I grab the box/bag.

Last edited:
How's Q4 SFS going? My STL keeps making sure our team is doing the next day's work. Apparently one day they all bumrushed everything so now we're coming *way* ahead of the curve on our SFS units
It’s a mess. We’re getting more orders because we’re cutting carryover units at night by picking all day. But our leadership sucks and we *barely* have bodies back there, so it’s a double edged sword. One callout can throw us off. And the line and backroom is a mess making it impossible to find stuff that came in the previous day. Good times, I’m already planning my exit.

Last I checked we were still working on units from sunday/monday left over from our stress test we weren't prepared for...so, uh, yeah it's not going well.

I find that the crappy new TC57 Zebras that are plagued with network errors also auto-rotate the screen way too easily, and it seems to always do it when you're trying to use RFID ... which then makes the app not respond. Great technology.

oh my GOD I am so tired of this bullshit screen rotation. Turn it OFF.

They also have an issue where the scanner dies completely if you go from Move to My Work.

oh my GOD I am so tired of this bullshit screen rotation. Turn it OFF.

They also have an issue where the scanner dies completely if you go from Move to My Work.
yep spend more time rebooting the damn thing than using it.
We still have a couple TC51s that work more consistently than the TC56/57 so I always try to grab one of those

Okay can anyone clarify the circumstances and time frame for return to stock because the service desk keeps asking me how long it takes for stuff to come up and if anything (canceled by TM?) doesn't go RTS and I thought I knew but my co lead is gaslighting me into doubting myself
Once the store closes any orders cancels from today needs to be returned to stock by 9 am. Any ordered cancelled will drop immediately into rtsk and they have an hour to return it. No alerts for return to stock tho . And at my store is guest service in charge of rstk, and the Gm team to put it back on the shelf.

I find that the crappy new TC57 Zebras that are plagued with network errors also auto-rotate the screen way too easily, and it seems to always do it when you're trying to use RFID ... which then makes the app not respond. Great technology.
I’m glad I’m not the only one. I swear I felt like I was the only one to notice these things.

I just looked at my schedule for next week and they took me off 2 days and bumped me down to 20 hours. WTF? I'm supposed to be captain or whatever and I'm hardly there?

Same thing is happening to me! I'm not an official captain but I am senior-most and trained a good chunk of the trainees. Oh, wait, the trainees are perfect now and don't need any help in Spot's eyes, so they get all the hours. 🙄

I just looked at my schedule for next week and they took me off 2 days and bumped me down to 20 hours. WTF? I'm supposed to be captain or whatever and I'm hardly there?
You’d get 40 every week at my store 😂 no ones applying and as the TL who over sees fulfillment I’ve spent my entire day there the past week. I don’t mind it because I love packing but I have so much other stuff to do that’s getting ignored hahah

You’d get 40 every week at my store 😂 no ones applying and as the TL who over sees fulfillment I’ve spent my entire day there the past week. I don’t mind it because I love packing but I have so much other stuff to do that’s getting ignored hahah

Yep. Same. They would work me 40's but I can't do it. I can't be there that much anymore. I pick for most of the day then go back and pack for the last hour or so of my shift. But the holidays the heavy weeks I do 40's but weeks in between I do my 30-36hrs.

Also I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The new batching system is stupid. It was so much simpler when it batched based off sort date. I get the whole “todays workload” thing and fufillment is an all day process but why could they just do “Due today” and “Due future” instead of just standard. Now I have to go back and forth with MPM to make sure I picked all of “before store close”. Stupid

Also I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The new batching system is stupid. It was so much simpler when it batched based off sort date. I get the whole “todays workload” thing and fufillment is an all day process but why could they just do “Due today” and “Due future” instead of just standard. Now I have to go back and forth with MPM to make sure I picked all of “before store close”. Stupid

I know cause we used to pull everything and pack most of it so the closer only had to keep up with OPU or pick ahead. Cause to many times the closing leadership will pull them to do other things and we would walk into most of the work not done from the day before. Now we can't be sure we picked it all cause it keeps dropping in little bits and pieces.

BobSmith - we didn't get told either and we were not scheduled for it either.. Can you say shit show. It really put our Sunday person on the brink of quitting. Two call outs and no real help.. Can you say we failed so bad it wasn't funny. Now the DTL has already been in the store asking why?

I know cause we used to pull everything and pack most of it so the closer only had to keep up with OPU or pick ahead. Cause to many times the closing leadership will pull them to do other things and we would walk into most of the work not done from the day before. Now we can't be sure we picked it all cause it keeps dropping in little bits and pieces.

BobSmith - we didn't get told either and we were not scheduled for it either.. Can you say shit show. It really put our Sunday person on the brink of quitting. Two call outs and no real help.. Can you say we failed so bad it wasn't funny. Now the DTL has already been in the store asking why?
I have workload in epick that’s “sort by 11/16.... THREE DAYS there is no need for that to be in there. We were 0/0 for due my store close in MPM but 600 units in epick for 3 up to 3 days out. Well get another 200ish for the 11ams tomorrow as well makes no sense.

You let them sit for 40 minutes??? What about when another 6 batches drop during that 40 and something in the first sitting batch isn’t located so you have to spend 15 minutes hunting it down in a repack box? You’re so far behind the 8 ball at that point, it’s really hard to catch up, especially if you’re the only one doing OPUs.

You keep an eye on them of course and grab them sooner if they get out of control. If it’s anything less than 20 I let them sit for 40 minutes. We generally don’t have repacks anywhere. We open at 8 and have a team at 6am that blitzes repacks leftover from the previous day.

How many OPU units do you get in a day? There's no way that I could let them sit for 40 minutes. Even on relatively light days I couldn't do that. Maybe in the afternoons and evenings we could let OPUs sit for that long as we're a very morning heavy store. 200 or so OPU units by noonish is normal though. Someone (me) needs to be working those orders as soon as possible.

We get about 20-30 OPU’s an hour. It’s not heavy. Letting 20 sit for 40 minutes is fine and relatively easy to grab before goal time hits. If it’s more, on the 30 side, I grab them at 30 minutes. I usually get them checked in with under 5 minutes to go but haven’t ever missed a goal time.

Back