I've been here for a year and a half and yesterday was the first time I've seen more than 1,000 when I walked in. We're a three pack station store, but our packers are not the speed machines Spot thinks we're supposed to be, and our seasonal pickers kept making so many mistakes that said packers had to keep leaving their stations to look for stuff on the floor. I was picking and the packers kept telling me my carts were the only ones without mistakes. As I said before, it likely points to my training being garbage, but whatever. We missed sort by 200 units yesterday. I have a 10-hour shift today and I'm sure it'll be just as bad (at least OPUs shouldn't be as bad beyond the initial overnight ones since the Monday sales aren't active anymore).

Kudos to everyone picking and packing this week! Yesterday we had so many people that were experienced team members scheduled to pick (outside their normal workcenter). Electronics team members, closing experts, HR team, one of my style dbos. I helped find apparel all day long and we managed to pack 3500 with no carryover. We have 3 pack stations at our super, from reading the other posts it seems like we did pretty good? Even our SD and GM Etl were running pack stations.

I got in at 5:00 yesterday and we were out of collates. 😳 We had already borrowed a box the day before from the closest store. Our SD had to drive to the nearest office supply store and buy legal paper. Our packers were cutting and taping shipping labels all night. We're also out of 454s, 280s, and 278s.

Thank God I'm off the rest of the week.

I got in at 5:00 yesterday and we were out of collates. 😳 We had already borrowed a box the day before from the closest store. Our SD had to drive to the nearest office supply store and buy legal paper. Our packers were cutting and taping shipping labels all night. We're also out of 454s, 280s, and 278s.

Thank God I'm off the rest of the week.
That's unfortunate. We ran out of almost everything during our stress test and I had no intention of doing that again so I ordered 40 pallets over the span of a week. We aren't running out of supplies this season lol

There has to be a problem with the system I’m thinking, there’s absolutely no way that we should be having so much stuff missing off of carts when we go to pack them? My ETL and I personally picked carts and went to pack them immediately after and it was asking us to pack things that epick never had us put on the carts. I don’t get it. I’m sure this is happening to other team members and we’re missing a ton of stuff every day. Anyone else having this problem? Should I call 701?

There has to be a problem with the system I’m thinking, there’s absolutely no way that we should be having so much stuff missing off of carts when we go to pack them? My ETL and I personally picked carts and went to pack them immediately after and it was asking us to pack things that epick never had us put on the carts. I don’t get it. I’m sure this is happening to other team members and we’re missing a ton of stuff every day. Anyone else having this problem? Should I call 701?
We've been awful with missing items this season. I chalked it up to my seasonals being horrible though. Never really figured that the system would be doing that.

There has to be a problem with the system I’m thinking, there’s absolutely no way that we should be having so much stuff missing off of carts when we go to pack them?

This has been happening to us since last week. Some people think they can hit "ok" when they have to put a number of items into a cart instead of the actual number, so for example if zebra wanted 5, they said ok and put 1 in the cart. BUT we've also been missing random items that we've only needed one of. I'm not entirely sure whats happening and the more I think about it the worse I feel.

My ETL and I personally picked carts and went to pack them immediately after and it was asking us to pack things that epick never had us put on the carts.

Can also be orders that were meant to be packed from that cart before you used it to pick.

TM A scans item into the cart without physically having it.
TM B packs everything else in the cart, can't find last item, exits the cart without canceling it.
TM C takes the empty cart, picks a new batch, and during pack finds an item that wasn't in their batch. Turns out TM A's item is still tied to the cart and waiting to be packed.

etc.

Last edited:
We had too many people today for what we had, and when I tried telling my Lead that we could send three off to push the truck, she quick threw my idea out the window. Like sorry, I’m trying to help YOU by having them push and ME because it means less repacks I have to dig through. Ultimately, having too many people led to a slow down and more confusion. Dumbasssssssss.

Walked into just over 300 DPCIs in the OPU queue at 5 this morning. We managed to somehow clear it all by 8:30 between me, another FFTM who came in at 6 and our ETL. My pick productivity was over 50 and my legs, well what freaking legs at that point?

Also, a big go fuck yourself shoutout to the person who ordered 7 king size quilt sets late last night. Seriously? 7 quilt sets? I better not see that shit go RTS.

Yeah, did my first Flex shift today. Trying to find anything in softlines was a nightmare lol. And so many things saying 0 on the floor 0 in the back 1 on hand. I really tried not to INF if I could but there's only so much you can do if even the DBO's don't have any idea where it is.

Yeah, did my first Flex shift today. Trying to find anything in softlines was a nightmare lol. And so many things saying 0 on the floor 0 in the back 1 on hand. I really tried not to INF if I could but there's only so much you can do if even the DBO's don't have any idea where it is.

1 on hand means your store should have 2 of them left.

Last night I get a call at GS: "I just ordered an item for Drive Up and I didn't get an email but I'm sitting here in the parking lot...is there any way you can get my order ready now?"

HAAAAATE.
omg I would have gone OFF

(not actually but I would have really killed them with kindness type thing)

Back