Oh for some additional info on fresh OPUs. (Apologies in advance for making all Market TMs, Fulfillment TMs, Market TLs, Fullfillment TLs, GM ETLs and SDs groan in pain.) We did finally get some answers on an issue with fresh OPUs. There is a list of approximately 150 items that Target assumes you always have in stock. You can and will get orders for these items one time a day. If they are INF'd, you will not get any more orders for them, unless they are in the gun at the time.

It doesn't matter if you actually have the items or not. The assumption is that you are always fully stocked. So, let's say that your market team doesn't order kiwis because everytime they have done so no one buys them and they just have to throw them all out? Too bad. Target.com assumes that you have them so they can be ordered. Vendor running low on skim milk so didn't bring any in that morning? Too bad. That's an INF. Completely out of 80/20 beef because all of it that came on yesterday's FDC truck already sold, but someone ordered 5 packages for pickup? Too fucking bad. Bread vendor hasn't shown up yet that day so you're supply of Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl 57 Grain But No Wheat Specialty Bread that is so fucking hyper specfic you at max only have 3 loaves in the store at any given time is completely diminished? HaHaHa! Too motherfucking bad. You're going to have to eat that INF.

This is driving my store's market TL crazy. We've taken to ordering things with absolutely no intention of putting them on the floor. We put them in the ambient room just in case someone orders them for pickup. Most of it gets tossed though. Such a waste.
This is so fucked up. Target‘s inventory management is so trashed.

Anybody have inventory and it screwed up most of the oh? That and missing lots of clothing that is suppose to be here has been a pain in the ass.

Anybody have inventory and it screwed up most of the oh? That and missing lots of clothing that is suppose to be here has been a pain in the ass.

Someone is not doing their audits. <looking at you Style team.> Cause they for a long long time Style didn't think it was needed to audit. So we were doing it and our INF dropped in half just for the work we did. Our TL said "Nope not you job." so we stopped and it shot up again and stayed that way until our INF was like %90 Style items. The DTL saw the numbers and came in as a surprise and did a deep dive in to Style and after that day we haven't had that problem. She kicked ass and took names cause she was pissed at what she saw.

Has anyone else’s numbers plummeted? We were doing about 4K orders a day and now we’re down to like 500 that we knock out by lunch.
I know they turned us off twice in different weeks, so I’m assuming they just permanently killed our volume?

Our overnight team was consistently coming in to 2700 and the number would increase throughout the night. Now they come in to 3, and maybe 100 drop in over the course of the night so they’re cancelling overnight shifts because there’s nothing to do. But no one has said anything about our volume being cut

Has anyone else’s numbers plummeted? We were doing about 4K orders a day and now we’re down to like 500 that we knock out by lunch.
I know they turned us off twice in different weeks, so I’m assuming they just permanently killed our volume?

Our overnight team was consistently coming in to 2700 and the number would increase throughout the night. Now they come in to 3, and maybe 100 drop in over the course of the night so they’re cancelling overnight shifts because there’s nothing to do. But no one has said anything about our volume being cut
Yeah, we're way down on orders. We got rid of overnights ages ago for unrelated reasons, and I switched to 4am on truck days.

We had been doing 1k-2k a day, but I only come in to 100-300 now, and 90% of the time I solo finish Ship by 8am.

We were getting around 1500 with overnight teams and now only getting a little under 1000 at the first half of the week and around 500 the second half of the week without overnight teams anymore. I just left work and we completed todays workload around 1230 with a little under 500 but tomorrows is already at 700 and I completed 100 on top of that. Priority need to go the hell away though.

Priority is the worst. It's not even Rush shipments? Which confuses the heck out of me. Like, what in the world is the function then?

I wonder if they are orders from other stores that INF'd so it's like "We know you have go get it now!"

We are seeing the volume of orders come down as well.

3rd positive case at my store hit.

I was already down 5 people. One more texted me saying they are going on leave now. My team is all at 6 days and max hours. Style and GM have been hit hard too. They better authorize OT soon or shit ain't getting done.

I wonder if they are orders from other stores that INF'd so it's like "We know you have go get it now!"
Huh. Maybe! And I can kind of see the functionality of that, since infs cycling through multiple stores has to happen. But, like, they could toss them into a reg batch just as well, but at the front of the queue? 9 times out of 10 for us they're masks, which we have a lot of rn. Also, they arent running off anywhere at 4am lol.

Huh. Maybe! And I can kind of see the functionality of that, since infs cycling through multiple stores has to happen. But, like, they could toss them into a reg batch just as well, but at the front of the queue? 9 times out of 10 for us they're masks, which we have a lot of rn. Also, they arent running off anywhere at 4am lol.

It's the only idea that makes sense. To me at least. and depending on what coast you are on, it could be orders that already INF'd from the other coast or late from the day before. And yeah it's almost always masks, even then we are picking them so fast, I have gone through an entire case of 310 mailer bags in three days(a week or longer is normal). So I can see them pushing these to the front of the line. "pick this, since the other store didn't have it. We can't have it cancelled." We have just set up a green rack in the back and when they ladies who do the softlines breakout they just sort them into Waco's. By brand then color/size. The style peeps grab handfuls and keep the floor full but the bulk of them are in the back easily grabbed by the pickers.

The Cat & Jack ones for BTS were gone by noon the day they came in. They never made the floor.

Priority is the worst. It's not even Rush shipments? Which confuses the heck out of me. Like, what in the world is the function then?

I called CSC about this because I got tired of the confusion. He said that the idea is to get stuff like masks, sanitizer, soap, etc out quickly, as if we have a billion UPS pickups a day. Of course, most stores now have so many orders that they just have trailers, so, indeed, it's useless, since they are NOT rush orders in the UPS system and will just sit in the trailer for a day (or three, if it's packed on Friday and the trailer isn't picked up until Monday). A guest who ordered sanitizer didn't pay for it to be rushed, Spot is just making them a priority "a courtesy" to the guests. I got tired of people setting aside "Rush" packages that would get missed by the trailer and getting laughed at by the UPS guys when we gave them "Rush" orders so that's why I called, and once I found out this information, wrote a note to everyone saying hey, don't separate those priority orders, and you don't need to bring back a cart with one mask order. You can pick a full batch and then we'll get to the masks!

Last edited:
My ship hasn’t slowed down lol you guys can have some of my orders
Ours have about doubled the last three days over where they have normally been. But we've been pretty light most days so maybe they are just turning our volume up a bit.

I called CSC about this because I got tired of the confusion. He said that the idea is to get stuff like masks, sanitizer, soap, etc out quickly, as if we have a billion UPS pickups a day. Of course, most stores now have so many orders that they just have trailers, so, indeed, it's useless, since they are NOT rush orders in the UPS system and will just sit in the trailer for a day (or three, if it's packed on Friday and the trailer isn't picked up until Monday). A guest who ordered sanitizer didn't pay for it to be rushed, Spot is just making them a priority "a courtesy" to the guests. I got tired of people setting aside "Rush" packages that would get missed by the trailer and getting laughed at by the UPS guys when we gave them "Rush" orders so that's why I called, and once I found out this information, wrote a note to everyone saying hey, don't separate those priority orders, and you don't need to bring back a cart with one mask order. You can pick a full batch and then we'll get to the masks!

Yeah I called that out on the pack desk when I see the labels print that are the standard(for my store) UPS SurePost and drop ship to USPS. So we have people snag the orders quickly but after that just don't lose it. And go into your next batch. Even if it is a true Rush order it's not going to leave the building until 5pm so don't stress.

We did almost 700 units today but that was hell, 2 people no ncns on a light schedule so for the most part it was just me and my SD with random people here and there. We’re currently sitting on 1030 for tomorrow.

We did almost 700 units today but that was hell, 2 people no ncns on a light schedule so for the most part it was just me and my SD with random people here and there. We’re currently sitting on 1030 for tomorrow.

Saturday I packed like 500 orders while prepping my own carts.. I was tired by the time I got home. NCNS and call outs are hell.. And we were still short 300 to pick when I left... It was going to be a sucky evening for what was left of the evening crew..

Man, reading all these horror stories makes me thankful for the (relatively) low amount of units we get at our store.

Had a 9 hour shift yesterday that slowed to a crawl in the last few hours since orders stopped being dropped in. Could've used some of your guys' to pass the time.

I would like to thank corporate for a job well done. Whoever had the idea to take the most common BTS/BTC items and turn them into being listed as "some" in backroom locations deserves a promotion. No more grabbing the wave to get to that one casepick of the same sterlite bins over and over again to grab one and have to find somewhere else to backstock the rest. That's a "skip location" and take it from the floor. And thank Bullseye especially for not having to deal with casepacks of crayons, pencils, and filler paper.

Whoever made this wonderful change, you have friends in every fulfillment team in the country. Drinks are on us if you stop in.

Guessing your Food TLs not confirmed their on-hands before you started Fresh OPU? Made a huge diff with us. Literally only one INF item out of first 500 items ordered.....
My store is so screwed up. No one can do anything correctly. Then everyone wants to ask “why this, why that?” I just INFed it if I didn’t see it on the floor or back. Pillsbury croissants 138 OH, location flexed and none anywhere else looked in back and none received. INFed.

Back