I don't mention a damn thing if someone from a different department screws up stowing. Forcing them into our overly tedious process will make them less likely to help.
I leave it up to the ETL & TL to handle the screw ups. I see so much crazy with stowing. I end up fixing what I can, but would rather spend my time focusing on what I have to get done.

We just moved our opu hold location to a new and improved permanent version of our temp holding space from last Q4. We even got one of those crowd control fences to put in front so guests can't come wandering in saying "oh I just thought there was more product back here" :rolleyes:. Like, I'm sure they'll still manage to "accidentally" walk into opu but maybe it'll deter most of them.

Also, this morning I checked the stowed grocery opus for expired product. And what do I find? 4 cups of yogurt, picked last night, that had best by dates of 3 days ago...seriously? No more of the yogurt in stock so I had to cancel them and leave a note for whoever runs the drive up out and needs to explain it to the guest. Like, I get not wanting 4 infs on record, but thats no excuse to break the rules on food safety.

We just moved our opu hold location to a new and improved permanent version of our temp holding space from last Q4. We even got one of those crowd control fences to put in front so guests can't come wandering in saying "oh I just thought there was more product back here" :rolleyes:. Like, I'm sure they'll still manage to "accidentally" walk into opu but maybe it'll deter most of them.

Also, this morning I checked the stowed grocery opus for expired product. And what do I find? 4 cups of yogurt, picked last night, that had best by dates of 3 days ago...seriously? No more of the yogurt in stock so I had to cancel them and leave a note for whoever runs the drive up out and needs to explain it to the guest. Like, I get not wanting 4 infs on record, but thats no excuse to break the rules on food safety.
Wow. I hate INFs as much as anyone, but yeah I’m not giving someone something expired.

I hope you looked up who picked it and gave the info to your TL. Everyone needs to follow the date requirements when picking fresh grocery. Not doing so should be a CA.

So I am not in fulfillment, but I am curious about something. The other day one of the pickers was in my area and I was helping her. We found the item and as she turned around to go to her cart she saw a guest take something out. She was afraid to say anything. I would have said something. Do we have a policy on this?

So I am not in fulfillment, but I am curious about something. The other day one of the pickers was in my area and I was helping her. We found the item and as she turned around to go to her cart she saw a guest take something out. She was afraid to say anything. I would have said something. Do we have a policy on this?
Flex folks are suppose to watch their carts, so a guest can’t the item. It should be reported immediately

I've said something to guests before. Just a quick "I'm sorry that has been set aside for another guest" and offering to look up if we have more. Especially as far as Ship from Store goes, that item is a sure sale versus the in person guest who could decide 5 seconds later they don't want it and set it somewhere randomly.

If I catch the guest, I tell them the item has already been purchased.

If I can't find the guest, and it's going to ship, we can either grab another, or cancel the item from the order when we pack it.
Not sure how to cancel items in OPU, but I've had to go back and grab missing items before.

If I catch the guest, I tell them the item has already been purchased.

If I can't find the guest, and it's going to ship, we can either grab another, or cancel the item from the order when we pack it.
Not sure how to cancel items in OPU, but I've had to go back and grab missing items before.
In OPU you would have to cancel it between scanning it into hold and the guest picking it up (in the pick up app). Which is awkward because the guest gets an email their order is ready, then another one saying something was cancelled.

In OPU you would have to cancel it between scanning it into hold and the guest picking it up (in the pick up app). Which is awkward because the guest gets an email their order is ready, then another one saying something was cancelled.
And 9/10 times they don't actually look at the cancelation email and then have a fit when the item isn't there. So I usually leave a note with the bag for whoever runs guest orders so they know why it was canceled.

And 9/10 times they don't actually look at the cancelation email and then have a fit when the item isn't there. So I usually leave a note with the bag for whoever runs guest orders so they know why it was canceled.
If you cancel it in the pickup app after putting it in your hold, the guest doesn’t get a pickup app cancellation email. It’ll say TM canceled on the pickup app and the guest will get a cancellation email only after the order is processed. It’s different then an INF email as it’ll let them choose a different store or ship to home.
It’ll go along the lines of “As you requested, we have canceled the items below from your order #” when it was the TM that canceled it. There’s no way to select another fulfillment option.

Last edited:
I had an elderly gentleman looking for what I had on my OPU cart from the backroom. I knew it was the only product that satisfied what he required. I also knew we had some on the salesfloor, a thirty second walk for me, but about five minutes for him and his wheelchair bound wife. So I gave it to him and went and grabbed another from the floor. Problem solved. But I wouldn't do this for everyone. But if I know there is more, I'll do it to make them happy, if they are the kind of person who isn't all Karening in my face.

I had an elderly gentleman looking for what I had on my OPU cart from the backroom. I knew it was the only product that satisfied what he required. I also knew we had some on the salesfloor, a thirty second walk for me, but about five minutes for him and his wheelchair bound wife. So I gave it to him and went and grabbed another from the floor. Problem solved. But I wouldn't do this for everyone. But if I know there is more, I'll do it to make them happy, if they are the kind of person who isn't all Karening in my face.
Karening in my face. LOL. I like that!

If you cancel it in the pickup app after putting it in your hold, the guest doesn’t get a pickup app cancellation email. It’ll say TM canceled on the pickup app and the guest will get a cancellation email only after the order is processed. It’s different than an INF email as it’ll let them choose a different store or ship to home.
It’ll go along the lines of “As you requested, we have canceled the items below from your order #” when it was the TM that canceled it. There’s no way to select another fulfillment option.
That's so frustrating. Most times when I have to cancel in pickup is when it accidentally auto-fills the amount wrong. So it will say I got 2, but I really could only find 1. There is no other way to fix other than resetting the batch, which we all know is unrealistic with the amount of OPUs we have been getting during the pandemic. I wish they would spend time fixing some long term complaints we have- this one, and how we can't move bags once stowed.

You keep your cart at hand and you are allowed to be very pushy with guests trying to take stuff out.. "Sorry this is for on line orders and has already been purchased. No you may not have it." Be firm and to the point. If the guest does not like it, to bad. You can always help them find the same item. But you do not have to give up the item.

You keep your cart at hand and you are allowed to be very pushy with guests trying to take stuff out.. "Sorry this is for on line orders and has already been purchased. No you may not have it." Be firm and to the point. If the guest does not like it, to bad. You can always help them find the same item. But you do not have to give up the item.
Don’t do this in front of an ETL. An ETL walked up to me and decided the in-store guest gets the item. I didn’t put the quantity yet so I let it slide and let the fulfillment TL know about the INF.
If I had already picked it, I would’ve been pushy with the ETL. The ETL would probably win but I’ll still tell the fulfillment TL.

Last edited:
it accidentally auto-fills the amount wrong. So it will say I got 2, but I really could only find 1.
I don't understand this. You find 1, it wants 2. You type 1, Enter. Are you saying you just hit enter (or Done, I forget which word is on the button)? I never do that. Never have that problem. I believe you have a user issue, not a software issue.

I don't understand this. You find 1, it wants 2. You type 1, Enter. Are you saying you just hit enter (or Done, I forget which word is on the button)? I never do that. Never have that problem. I believe you have a user issue, not a software issue.
Yeah it is a user error but I want to be able to fix it. sometimes I'm grabbing the item and accidentally hit the enter button. My fingers are fat I guess. There is no going back. Sometimes I grab the right amount and dont realized one is damaged or one of the 5 was the wrong item in the right spot. Still have to pick it and then wait till I stow it to cancel it.

If i have to pick multiple, I ALWAYS flip to myDay and scan whatever QTY it wants to make sure they are all the same by comparing DPCIs. I’ve been burned too many times by others just grabbing a QTY without checking to make sure they are actually the same because they looked “alike.”

Exactly! It's especially important for things like men's underwear or socks.

Don’t do this in front of an ETL. An ETL walked up to me and decided the in-store guest gets the item. I didn’t put the quantity yet so I let it slide and let the fulfillment TL know about the INF.
If I had already picked it, I would’ve been pushy with the ETL. The ETL would probably win but I’ll still tell the fulfillment TL.

Just be a ballsy bitch. I make it a huge point that I am taking care of our on line guests, if I have it, it's no different than another guest grabbed the item.. I straight up told him "would you ask another guest to give up an item?" No? "There is your answer."

Back