Our ship numbers yesterday were roughly the same as they've usually been. OPU felt busier, but part of it was probably the types of items... TVs brought up from the back, lots of video games, etc.

Question on the new ship (carrier pickup) process. Can we scan out pallets as we load them, or do we have to scan them all at once at the end of the day? Point being that if you scan a pallet and click to complete pickup, will it let you scan more for that day?

Close pallets as they fill. Create and print new pallets.

Our ship numbers yesterday were roughly the same as they've usually been. OPU felt busier, but part of it was probably the types of items... TVs brought up from the back, lots of video games, etc.

Question on the new ship (carrier pickup) process. Can we scan out pallets as we load them, or do we have to scan them all at once at the end of the day? Point being that if you scan a pallet and click to complete pickup, will it let you scan more for that day?
The theory is that you wait to scan the pallets.out when UPS or whomever comes.to pick them up. That way, if they don't show or can't take all the pallets, you can let Spot know thru the report button in the ship app. That, of course, means a TM needs to be around to do that when the carrier shows up - not always convenient depending on work load, staffing, timing, etc.

I think (haven't tried it) that since you would be scanning the pallet as "picked up", that you.would not be able scan more pieces to that pallet. Of course you can just create more....

Yesterday was 15 pallets for UPS - 7 actual pallets of boxes.and 8 bags of polymailers....

Question. How are we supposed to reprint SFS carts, hold locations when scanning a hip printer in Backroom Management no longer works?

Subtle change to MPM reporting of pick productivity for OPUs. I'm sure everyone has seen the change to split regular and grocery picks, but there has also been another change. Previously picking time was just the time spent picking, not stowing. Now it includes the time it takes to put items to hold. The result is that the productivity metric will decrease. (Source: I did the math.)

I'm not sure if there was a communication about this, but thought I'd share in case anyone's leadership asks about decreased productivity.

Subtle change to MPM reporting of pick productivity for OPUs. I'm sure everyone has seen the change to split regular and grocery picks, but there has also been another change. Previously picking time was just the time spent picking, not stowing. Now it includes the time it takes to put items to hold. The result is that the productivity metric will decrease. (Source: I did the math.)

I'm not sure if there was a communication about this, but thought I'd share in case anyone's leadership asks about decreased productivity.
Interesting and thanks for this -

Looking at Greenfield, the productivity for Fresh is wacked - looking at one day this week, it showed one TM as having picked for 27 hrs. I opened a My Support ticket on it and got a response saying "yes, they know about it and are working it, but don't really know yet how to fix it." Anyone else seen similar?

Interesting and thanks for this -

Looking at Greenfield, the productivity for Fresh is wacked - looking at one day this week, it showed one TM as having picked for 27 hrs. I opened a My Support ticket on it and got a response saying "yes, they know about it and are working it, but don't really know yet how to fix it." Anyone else seen similar?

Yeah, Greenfield productivity is fucked up in general. Grocery has really high hours spent picking, but then if you look at the final UPH it's laughably high. We have TMs with UPHs in the 200-300 UPH for fresh. Ummmm....no. That's not realistic. It's also bad for regular because the time spent picking is unrealistically high.

Yeah, Greenfield productivity is fucked up in general. Grocery has really high hours spent picking, but then if you look at the final UPH it's laughably high. We have TMs with UPHs in the 200-300 UPH for fresh. Ummmm....no. That's not realistic. It's also bad for regular because the time spent picking is unrealistically high.
It seems / feels like our SFS numbers have been accurate with the hours my team has spent picking....but maybe I better look more closely.

Anyone else having that bug in OPU where you skip an item and it kicks you straight into packing??

shout out to my ETL HR for throwing 6 new trainees at us while we're struggling to finish 4:30s and then telling me to just "figure it out" when I told her I dont have team members to train them 🙃 thanks.
That’s when I would have someone train them how to push truck lol at least they’ll learn how to read shelf locations, pick labels, locations for things in the store, and how to backstock 🤔

That’s when I would have someone train them how to push truck lol at least they’ll learn how to read shelf locations, pick labels, locations for things in the store, and how to backstock 🤔
that's what I wanted or even maybe have them learn cashier since that's apparently required training for all new tms too but she said no they have to stay with us. I ended up having all of them shadow my opu tms until 430s were done and I was free, but God they pull this type of shit on me every year

Question about anyone who did a stress test recently and had carryover from the night before the weekend. Did your team come in Saturday and finish up that carryover or just ignore it and let epick get all bloody red?

Question about anyone who did a stress test recently and had carryover from the night before the weekend. Did your team come in Saturday and finish up that carryover or just ignore it and let epick get all bloody red?
We had one ship alone that dropped today, for today - my SD saw it and asked that we clear it, so we did (no carryover). We had about 250 units drop for Monday, our projection says 3500, so I guess we'll see some more tomorrow and then a bunch on Monday.

We had one ship alone that dropped today, for today - my SD saw it and asked that we clear it, so we did (no carryover). We had about 250 units drop for Monday, our projection says 3500, so I guess we'll see some more tomorrow and then a bunch on Monday.
Yeah I stopped in shopping and one of the sfs team members showed me their bloody red epick and mpm.

Yeah so 0 forecast but a carryover of 247 that should have been done by 4:30.

Last edited:
Back