We don't have any space at all for staging 40 TVs. So we blocked up the bullseyes playground with flats and pallets full of TVs. Looks terrible. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them end up not being there when the guest comes in, because they're not really even roped off

Too bad for them.

I work in fulfillment and do not care if everything is processed in time. I do my picks for my shift and then leave.

I do not get paid to care if everything is done and I do not plan on staying one second longer to meet their deadlines.

Hire more people. Or have the Store Director, ETLs, and TLs get off their lazy asses and help. My store has 3 ETLs that are the laziest managers I have ever met.

As an over-worrier, I'm struggling to adopt this mentality, but I know I need to. I worried they'd cut my hours if I stopped performing my best. Guess what? I'm still trying super hard, and my hours are being cut, and the store morale is in the toilet. So why do I still care? Then again, "Who's hiring in my area?" is maybe the better question.

We don't have any space at all for staging 40 TVs. So we blocked up the bullseyes playground with flats and pallets full of TVs. Looks terrible. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them end up not being there when the guest comes in, because they're not really even roped off
Yup we are having the same issue. We have to tell flex they can leave the tvs in the home location in the back but they have to leave a sign on it that they picked it for a order otherwise tech will see it as a valid tv to sell on our side.

As an over-worrier, I'm struggling to adopt this mentality, but I know I need to. I worried they'd cut my hours if I stopped performing my best. Guess what? I'm still trying super hard, and my hours are being cut, and the store morale is in the toilet. So why do I still care? Then again, "Who's hiring in my area?" is maybe the better question.

I am not saying that you should not do your best.

I do my best. I find all the product that I am able to find. I make an effort to find clothing which is always the hardest to find. I ask people in their area for help when I can't find something. I go to back to look in Electronics repacks or new freight on the push line.

I try to find every item and have as few INFs as possible. Some INFs are inevitable - products not set, overselling, inventory errors, etc. None of my INFs are because of lack of effort.

What I do is not care about other people's work. I only care about my work. I also do not try to do other people's jobs.

I do not compare myself and my performance to others. I do not worry if things get done - they pay the Store Director, ETLs, and TLs to worry about that. I do not worry if someone else has fewer INFs - I do not know if they are getting better items or items with more accurate inventory numbers, etc.

When I show up, they get a quality fulfillment team member from the start of my shift to the end of my shift.

They do not meet their goals or not get everything picked/packed because of me. I do my work/share.

Another example is the daily sales goal. I do not spend one second thinking or worrying if the store makes its sales goal. If the store makes its sales goal, I get nothing. If the store does not make its sales goal, I get nothing.

If Target wants me to care about something, they will pay me to care. I am paid to be a fulfillment team member who picks, packs, and does OPUs from the start of my shift to the end of my shift.

I do my best. I find all the product that I am able to find. I make an effort to find clothing which is always the hardest to find. I ask people in their area for help when I can't find something. I go to back to look in Electronics repacks or new freight on the push line.

I try to find every item and have as few INFs as possible. Some INFs are inevitable - products not set, overselling, inventory errors, etc. None of my INFs are because of lack of effort.

What I do is not care about other people's work. I only care about my work. I also do not try to do other people's jobs.

I do not compare myself and my performance to others. I do not worry if things get done - they pay the Store Director, ETLs, and TLs to worry about that. I do not worry if someone else has fewer INFs - I do not know if they are getting better items or items with more accurate inventory numbers, etc.

When I show up, they get a quality fulfillment team member from the start of my shift to the end of my shift.

They do not meet their goals or not get everything picked/packed because of me. I do my work/share.

Another example is the daily sales goal. I do not spend one second thinking or worrying if the store makes its sales goal. If the store makes its sales goal, I get nothing. If the store does not make its sales goal, I get nothing.

If Target wants me to care about something, they will pay me to care. I am paid to be a fulfillment team member who picks, packs, and does OPUs from the start of my shift to the end of my shift.

Alas, Target pays me in hours to care. I care and run the OPU show so my hours never get cut. If they ever do cut my hours, I'll stop caring.

Tips for working the overnight shift in Fulfillment?

I'm starting my first overnight shift tonight - 10pm-6:30am (30 min meal) since starting at Target 7 months ago. I'll work Sun-Wed and then have 3 days off. Repeat next week. Will be working with a lot of my favorite store people and won't have to deal with customers. Those are the good parts. Working when I'm usually asleep is the not so good part. How do you all handle it - Do you try to keep the same schedule on your days off? Come home and go right to bed after your shift or try and stay up for a while? Eat a full meal a 2am during meal break or light snack?

Advice appreciated.

When i was overnight i tried my best to keep the same schedule on my days off (id stay up till 4am on off days). I usually slept when i got home from my shift and stayed up till the end of my shift. I would sleep about 5-6 hours and would usually take an hour or so nap before my shift. I only did it for 3 months. I will say i didnt to much between work and sleep because i always kinda felt tired during the day. Id get some black out blinds if your room gets a lot of sunlight.

Blackout blinds are a bit pricy. If you can't afford them right now I have in the past thumbtacked or used tiny nails to secure bath towels all around the window edges.

This is a fine attitude for someone that knows they are capable of completing there work sufficiently. If they are new i want them to be conscious that goals have to be met, otherwise they might not try and improve to be at your level. I do my best to not overburden my veteran team members and will always rely on myself to ensure goals are going to be met.

Does anyone have a problem with TM complaining about them doing running the department in FLEX but all they are really doing is telling someone to do something like OPUs, PACK/PREP, or PICK. and them saying they don't get paid enough?

Alas, Target pays me in hours to care. I care and run the OPU show so my hours never get cut. If they ever do cut my hours, I'll stop caring.

So you are paid to be an almost team lead. You are paid to care. Target is giving you something in exchange for you caring.

For the non-team leads who see there hours fluctuate throughout the year and season, they are not paid to care.

I am paid to care about doing my good well during the hours I am scheduled. I am not paid to care about the store's performance or the job performance of any other team member or lead.

This is a fine attitude for someone that knows they are capable of completing there work sufficiently. If they are new i want them to be conscious that goals have to be met, otherwise they might not try and improve to be at your level. I do my best to not overburden my veteran team members and will always rely on myself to ensure goals are going to be met.

Why should anyone care about another person's job performance?

For example, let's say there are 1000 DPCIs to picked and packed one day. I show up for my 8 hour shift (minus two 15 minute breaks). I pick and pack 300 DPCIs all by myself. I did a good job that day. I did my job and earned my paycheck.

Now, let's say the rest of the store does not pick the remaining 700 DPCIs in time.

Why should I care about that? What am I supposed to do about that?

I say, show up and do the best job you can (or are willing to do).

For example, I was picking on Friday when the TCL 65 inch was on sale. I got stuck INFing a few of them because the store director and ETLs said we had sold out. Are those INFs my fault? No they are not. Another example is the Christmas section is still not fully set up yet. I got stuck INFing a bunch of unset Christmas items. Are those INFs my fault? Again, no they are not.

I do not worry about Target's goals. I do my job to the best of my ability. The store director and ETLs and TLs are free to go check any of my INFs to see if I missed the items or the store did not have the items for whatever reason (inventory errors, excessive sales, etc.). I would say that less than 1%-2% of my INFs were me not finding an item that the store had. I am not perfect. The other 98%-99% of my INFs were items the store did not have for whatever reason or were items that were not accessible or were items so misplaced no one could have found them (example a toy left in the detergent aisle and had not been reshopped yet).

There are OPUs or picks that everything is found and then there are OPUs or picks that multiple items are INF. I am not going to worry about things not in my control. The inventory is messed up - not my concern. The aisles are trashed - not my concern. The products are not set - not my concern. Reshop is not done in a timely manner - not my concern.

Why should anyone care about another person's job performance?

For example, let's say there are 1000 DPCIs to picked and packed one day. I show up for my 8 hour shift (minus two 15 minute breaks). I pick and pack 300 DPCIs all by myself. I did a good job that day. I did my job and earned my paycheck.

Now, let's say the rest of the store does not pick the remaining 700 DPCIs in time.

Why should I care about that? What am I supposed to do about that?

In fulfillment you have to care a little about what everyone else is doing because it can affect you. As a recent example. I had a TM spend 2 and a half hours doing a single OPU batch. In her defense, she did have a lot to look for and was looking the whole time. But, good lord! Two and a half hours for a single batch??? INF that shit and move on.

A little later, this made all of the rest have to go into scramble mode so we didn't miss goal time. And, we're all going to get bitched at if we miss goal time. And, multiple things were INF'd simply because we lacked the time to look for them. So, when our ETL looks at the metrics and makes scheduling decisions she's going to see higher INFs for the rest of team. They might get fewer hours as a result. And, it doubly irritates me because I have to take time out of my day to sit down with the ETL to explain what happened to try to prevent that.

In fulfillment, one person's lack of performance hurts us all.

In fulfillment you have to care a little about what everyone else is doing because it can affect you. As a recent example. I had a TM spend 2 and a half hours doing a single OPU batch. In her defense, she did have a lot to look for and was looking the whole time. But, good lord! Two and a half hours for a single batch??? INF that shit and move on.

A little later, this made all of the rest have to go into scramble mode so we didn't miss goal time. And, we're all going to get bitched at if we miss goal time. And, multiple things were INF'd simply because we lacked the time to look for them. So, when our ETL looks at the metrics and makes scheduling decisions she's going to see higher INFs for the rest of team. They might get fewer hours as a result. And, it doubly irritates me because I have to take time out of my day to sit down with the ETL to explain what happened to try to prevent that.

In fulfillment, one person's lack of performance hurts us all.

We get the 2&1/2hr pick times since we have to wait for style to get off their asses and find shit we can't and they never seem to be able to find it either. But we are just not looking hard enough. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Seriously. I would love to INF that shit. Then the Style ETL has the gall to talk to us about our INF and pick times.. "umm if I am not allowed to INF without their approval and it takes an hour to get it, you need to talk to them about being timely about getting us an answer."

I care but shit out of my control, nope don't give two shits and I make notes about it for when they try to hang my ass out to dry later.. see above with the Style ETL..

Back