The way overnight schedules are written is so annoying? Like 10pm to 6am or whatever is listed on Sunday. So I clock in 10pm on Sunday, and work into Monday...but the shift is listed under Sunday 'cause that's when I clocked in.

But it definitely can be read as 10pm Sat into Sun if someone wasn't paying attention (or just super anxious like me lol).

Anyone else just have...momentary wtf moments like this as fulfillment moves to overnights in a lot of stores for the holidays? It'd be nice if the schedule or kronos split it by day clocked in/out for clarification. Or maybe I'm just crazy...since I'm currently doing a hard reset on my sleep schedule going from 4ams to overnights and I'm so tired 😔.

I have a bagging question . If I have to pack 3 cases of 12 pack sodas for one order , how should put the labels on them? I asked couple of opu guys . They told to scan them and reprint the label for 3 cases and put it in the same location . Is it the right way?

I have a bagging question . If I have to pack 3 cases of 12 pack sodas for one order , how should put the labels on them? I asked couple of opu guys . They told to scan them and reprint the label for 3 cases and put it in the same location . Is it the right way?
please don't do this. it may be easier for you but it fucks it up for guest service. unless you're putting them all in one bag together, you should be hitting 'create new label' for every pack of soda. so scan one, hit create, put into hold, scan one, hit create, put into hold, etc. the idea is that its one label for each bag or large item. each label generates a different barcode even if its under the same order # so that GS can ensure all the items are there and they are grabbing all the items for the guest.

NO!!! One label for EACH case. Or...if you do it with one label, put them in the same location BUT with the one label very clearly touching all 3 with a sticky saying all 3 together. That takes just as much time so you might as well just print out the 3 separate labels.

The way overnight schedules are written is so annoying? Like 10pm to 6am or whatever is listed on Sunday. So I clock in 10pm on Sunday, and work into Monday...but the shift is listed under Sunday 'cause that's when I clocked in.

But it definitely can be read as 10pm Sat into Sun if someone wasn't paying attention (or just super anxious like me lol).

Anyone else just have...momentary wtf moments like this as fulfillment moves to overnights in a lot of stores for the holidays? It'd be nice if the schedule or kronos split it by day clocked in/out for clarification. Or maybe I'm just crazy...since I'm currently doing a hard reset on my sleep schedule going from 4ams to overnights and I'm so tired 😔.
I had a problem with that when i did overnights. I also had a problem with how they scheduled me were i would be scheduled 40 hours a week bjt they would mess it up and actually have me there for 36 one week and 44 another. No overtime so i had to cut 4 hours everytime.

please don't do this. it may be easier for you but it fucks it up for guest service. unless you're putting them all in one bag together, you should be hitting 'create new label' for every pack of soda. so scan one, hit create, put into hold, scan one, hit create, put into hold, etc. the idea is that its one label for each bag or large item. each label generates a different barcode even if its under the same order # so that GS can ensure all the items are there and they are grabbing all the items for the guest.
Yes , I had a feeling it was wrong . One more clarification. When I scan it will ask to enter the count , right ? Then only I can create label for each . So can I enter 1 first then enter and print label ? Did you understand what I meant ?😬

I have a bagging question . If I have to pack 3 cases of 12 pack sodas for one order , how should put the labels on them? I asked couple of opu guys . They told to scan them and reprint the label for 3 cases and put it in the same location . Is it the right way

NO!

You scan one, key in 1, - create label button. Scan shelf where you are going to sto it. Don't worry the other two won't disappear into the abyss. So you can separate the items.

For larger orders or items, creating labels as you fill bags keeps it clean and labeled so when the guest does not get their entire order, it isn't your fault. Also if your GS people are brain dead like mine you better put each and every bag in a different waco so it is much harder to miss a bag, I wish I was kidding. But we have an entire shelf where there are parts of orders that got missed.

Yes , I had a feeling it was wrong . One more clarification. When I scan it will ask to enter the count , right ? Then only I can create label for each . So can I enter 1 first then enter and print label ? Did you understand what I meant ?😬
Yes, that's correct. It won't delete the other 2, once you scan in the first it will go back to the other 2.

NO!

You scan one, key in 1, - create label button. Scan shelf where you are going to sto it. Don't worry the other two won't disappear into the abyss. So you can separate the items.

For larger orders or items, creating labels as you fill bags keeps it clean and labeled so when the guest does not get their entire order, it isn't your fault. Also if your GS people are brain dead like mine you better put each and every bag in a different waco so it is much harder to miss a bag, I wish I was kidding. But we have an entire shelf where there are parts of orders that got missed.

We must share a GS team. There could be 15 cases of soda all stacked together, but since someone hit reprint or even worse just put one pick label on one of the cases, the guest is getting exactly one case of soda not the 15 they ordered. And, if they were all stowed together, the drive-up team is likely to blindly scan all 15 quickly and then not put all the cases in the cart to take out to the guest. There will be 2 or 3 that somehow just get left there.

We are in the same boat. My 0vernights start tonight. I def shouldnt be awake but here we are.

NO!

Thanks . I was worried if I tried this then the rest will disappear. I asked atleast 3 people who is regularly doing opus. They told the reprint thing . That’s y I went ahead with it . I will do the right way from next time on . 😊👍

We had epick totally clear and I redirected people to help other departments. Then within 15 minutes it dropped almost 600 eaches for opu. I had to pull 6 people off the floor to help.

A few more questions pertaining to fulfillment... how hard is it to meet the goal times for online pickups? How long should you/do you spend looking for each item?

A few more questions pertaining to fulfillment... how hard is it to meet the goal times for online pickups? How long should you/do you spend looking for each item?
If an item isn't in the promised location, quick look to see if it was placed above/next to it on the shelf. No? Skip till the end of your batch. If you have time remaining go through your skipped items and check: did it come in today or in the past few days? Yes, check the truck line. No? Ask someone who works in that area if they've seen it. No? Check returns at guest service. Still got time on the clock? Check the backroom aisle to see if it is unlocated. No? INF.

The time you spend on each item is dependent on your timer. If you don't see it, always skip and come back. You'll save time in the long run instead of searching high and low for each thing as it pops up in your batch.

My general rule for my team was 1 minute per hardlines item, 3 minutes per style item... but it adds up quickly if you have to search every endcap, consult with a team member in that department, search through the truck, look through the backstock, etc. I personally wouldn’t spend more than 5-10 minutes on a single item but it’s better to try and find the item to the best of your ability m than not fulfill an order for a guest. If you’re having a lot of trouble with a specific item you can also reach out to one of the veteran fulfillment team members to see if they can help you

If an item isn't in the promised location, quick look to see if it was placed above/next to it on the shelf. No? Skip till the end of your batch. If you have time remaining go through your skipped items and check: did it come in today or in the past few days? Yes, check the truck line. No? Ask someone who works in that area if they've seen it. No? Check returns at guest service. Still got time on the clock? Check the backroom aisle to see if it is unlocated. No? INF.

The time you spend on each item is dependent on your timer. If you don't see it, always skip and come back. You'll save time in the long run instead of searching high and low for each thing as it pops up in your batch.

Thanks, I definitely appreciate the advice! That's helpful

My general rule for my team was 1 minute per hardlines item, 3 minutes per style item... but it adds up quickly if you have to search every endcap, consult with a team member in that department, search through the truck, look through the backstock, etc. I personally wouldn’t spend more than 5-10 minutes on a single item but it’s better to try and find the item to the best of your ability m than not fulfill an order for a guest. If you’re having a lot of trouble with a specific item you can also reach out to one of the veteran fulfillment team members to see if they can help you

Thank you, that's helpful. I appreciate the advice

Idk how your store does it but i have my tms check the the designated locations amd immediate area. Depending on the time of day they are supposed to ask the dbo of that area. Every item gets checked with me before an inf. Every style item gets checked with the style tl or etl (supposed to doesnt happen as often as id like). I also have my tms ask about toys and seasonal right away so i can look for them in the back. Last stop is gs for reshop then they inf. I give my tms 10 minutes to look in back and other areas for there items so id say that averages 3 minutes per item. This is all relative to how busy it is that day, but my goal os to help them as much as possible to keep them picking.

What are dumbest things a seasonal did?
For me, scan the shoe box and no shoes inside, an empty box to pack.
Hit inf because the item was not in the right place, it was supposed to be (1)3-2-1 but the instant pot was on (1)3-1-1 .
reprint label in OPU and don’t remove any of the security devices!
Inf 65% because she wanted to go on her break and didn’t know what to do.
i am a trainer but haven’t trained anyone yet!
Newbies trained them.
It’s quite entertaining

What are dumbest things a seasonal did?
For me, scan the shoe box and no shoes inside, an empty box to pack.
Hit inf because the item was not in the right place, it was supposed to be (1)3-2-1 but the instant pot was on (1)3-1-1 .
reprint label in OPU and don’t remove any of the security devices!
Inf 65% because she wanted to go on her break and didn’t know what to do.
i am a trainer but haven’t trained anyone yet!
Newbies trained them.
It’s quite entertaining
I think I win this one with paint guy, lol

I think I win this one with paint guy, lol

I don't know. Last year duing the big after Christmas plastic sale, we had a TM who needed 27 of the same bin. He checked in the home location, saw none, and INF'd them all. There were 2 pallets of them in seasonal. This was after he was told at the beginning of his shift to check seasonal for unlocated plastics.

Back