OPU is moving back to 90 minutes starting tomorrow. No communication on whether this will decrease batch sizes to help with workloads.

My team is horrified by the change and I'm just like..."well as long as it's not 30min again. Please just never 30min goals again" haha.

Wow, 30 minutes... 😂

Definitely. I don't even know how that would be possible. You'd almost have to wear a sign saying, "Do Not Disturb" so no guests would bother you even with simple questions, and still literally run around all over the store.
That’s what we did, besides the “DND” sign, run.

Definitely. I don't even know how that would be possible. You'd almost have to wear a sign saying, "Do Not Disturb" so no guests would bother you even with simple questions, and still literally run around all over the store.

We weren't nearly as busy back then. Anonymity and all, but let's just say that if you were to find a list of everyone in the company and how many OPUs they have done, you'd find my name in the top 25 all time, the top 25 last year, and the top 25 YTD. I've done a shitload of OPUs. Back in the 30 minute goal time period it was normal to only have 100-150 units in an 8 hour shift. So, it was somewhat manageable then. It was the good old times of sitting behind the service desk between orders. Of course, now I do that many units in the first 2 hours of my shift most days...

We weren't nearly as busy back then. Anonymity and all, but let's just say that if you were to find a list of everyone in the company and how many OPUs they have done, you'd find my name in the top 25 all time, the top 25 last year, and the top 25 YTD. I've done a shitload of OPUs. Back in the 30 minute goal time period it was normal to only have 100-150 units in an 8 hour shift. So, it was somewhat manageable then. It was the good old times of sitting behind the service desk between orders. Of course, now I do that many units in the first 2 hours of my shift most days...

Ah, got ya, makes more sense

We weren't nearly as busy back then.
Yes, definitely not as busy. But every interruption or prospective INF meant impending doom on larger orders lol. Back in the day, my store only ever had 1 person scheduled for Ship AND opu and our only trained backups were the beauty TMs and the TLs. Gosh I do...not miss those days, at all 😂.

OPU is moving back to 90 minutes starting tomorrow. No communication on whether this will decrease batch sizes to help with workloads.

My team is horrified by the change and I'm just like..."well as long as it's not 30min again. Please just never 30min goals again" haha.
god a tl mentioned 30 minute timers this morning and I told them straight up if that happens again I’m walkin out, not dealing with that with our current workloads

I know why they are doing it, and i get it. Im also pretty sure they wanted to do this a while ago, but imo they should of just waited another few weeks and changed it after the holidays when it is less busy. It doesnt matter to me and my team well be ok but it has been nice to not have to worry about missing opu goals for a while now.

Today was a shit show for us, we only had like 10 people the whole day in fulfillment and all but three were sesasonals, one called out and two have just stopped showing up. Can't wait for tomorrow and all the "hey team can three people jump into OPU's" all day. I don't see how we are going to do it and we only get like 3k a day, there is a store right next to us that does 7k and they had 2000 open units at one point earlier today....

A really useful tool would be if we could see how many flexies are in there and the time left WHILE IN AN ORDER. I hate having to exit batch to see the size and if I need to ask people to jump in and help. With the whole 90 minutes and how slow people are there’s not a lot of wiggle room.

I would love to know before I pack if it goes fedex or ups!
I like to put it right away on the right pallet and not move a 50lb container.

90 minutes went well this morning. We managed to clear the 400 overnights out before the new goal time activated and were able to keep up from there with 4 to 5 people picking. INFs were up, but I'm thinking that's just because seasonal is flexed out to high hell and not because of time pressure as we had no time pressure.

Amazing what you can do when you have the payroll. Still, not looking forward to 90 minutes in January.

Someone on Reddit said that batches sizes are now limited to 3 orders. Thinking back to this morning that seems true. I'll pay attention tomorrow.

In any event, I kind of like the smaller batches. Reminded me of the old days when I took just one. Fewer random things to screw up pathing. Much easier to skip through things when I felt like it too. My productivity was still over 50 UPH. On the other hand, everytime I combined batches, they ended being shitty and I wanted to jab a screwdriver through my temple. I'm going to have to play around and figure out what I like best.

Back