Today was a stressful day for me . I am not fulfillment Tm but I use to support grocery opus and have done some non food opus too. But today I was asked to pickup 2 batches each time everything less than 45 min . I was running around like crazy . I have less knowledge in soft line locations in the floor and had hard time finding things . I tried my best and the final batch I did today had 1 sec left to be red . So dramatic . I felt it’s so unfair to schedule less FF TMs and make us do the job .

Yeah I feel that, they are stretching us so much that eventually we will break

With how light SFS is we are having everybody do OPU except for 3 people left for SFS, if there are no batches for OPU they are told to wait for a batch to drop. If we get dumped on in ship though we will definitely be in trouble.

Oh, so the Box Fairy doesn't visit your store, either? My store likes to wait for the Box Fairy to arrive, but she never does. They like us to be picking and packing all night, neglecting to realize that the only boxes not in the steel are S6s. So when I take over the Box Fairy's duties and get on the Wave, I get yelled at because my scheduled hours are being counted in our carryover total, but I'm not picking or packing. But leadership is still waiting in the Box Fairy that will never come.

(Translation: I'm so tired because our seasonals were not given adequate training hours and now the store is requiring them to be perfect as we're still not getting adequate hours to keep the team running.)
At my store they just stop anyone heading to the baler with adequately sized boxes and say "throw them over there" on the line

With how light SFS is we are having everybody do OPU except for 3 people left for SFS, if there are no batches for OPU they are told to wait for a batch to drop. If we get dumped on in ship though we will definitely be in trouble.

Yep we had noting in SFS until noonish, and a huge amount of people to pick so I hid in the back and moved boxes around, loaded the sweep trailer and caught up the MIR's for our receiver who should be back Monday. I left her a few but nothing she can't handle. It is freaky how light the SFS orders are. I know they turned off ship to store but damn this isn't right how light it's been.

TL of a one pack-station store here. It's been quite interesting since 90 minutes has started. Yesterday, not a single soul attempted a SFS batch until 2:00pm in my store due to OPUs being absolutely insane. Thankfully, we only had to pick/prep/pack about 100 units to make 4:30. I told my best picker "I don't care how awful OPUs look, you need to stay in standards no-matter-what." as I ran off to do 9 consecutive grocery batches. He made the afternoon goal at 4:28. I think our pick on time finished around 92%, and our OPU forecast was smashed by 4pm. This evening (my day off), my closing captain flat out apologized to me via text that OPUs are over 300 at 9pm and that there's no way they are going to clear all of that before store close with SFS looking doubtful. (All people who know how to pick in the store are doing it right now.) Cannot wait to pick all of those flipping bins come January!

Cannot wait to pick all of those flipping bins come January!
Oh no...don't remind me of the plastic bins. Storage season(s) are the bane of my existence. We axed or backroom aisle for plastics this year too...so no one is ever going to find those random, unlocated bins ever again. Heck, I haven't found a single unlocated hanger pack or decorative storage item since we've gone "no backstocking plastics, ever". Where are they hiding!? No one can tell me. /rant over

Last edited:
TL of a one pack-station store here. It's been quite interesting since 90 minutes has started. Yesterday, not a single soul attempted a SFS batch until 2:00pm in my store due to OPUs being absolutely insane. Thankfully, we only had to pick/prep/pack about 100 units to make 4:30. I told my best picker "I don't care how awful OPUs look, you need to stay in standards no-matter-what." as I ran off to do 9 consecutive grocery batches. He made the afternoon goal at 4:28. I think our pick on time finished around 92%, and our OPU forecast was smashed by 4pm. This evening (my day off), my closing captain flat out apologized to me via text that OPUs are over 300 at 9pm and that there's no way they are going to clear all of that before store close with SFS looking doubtful. (All people who know how to pick in the store are doing it right now.) Cannot wait to pick all of those flipping bins come January!
We hit our forecast for opu just before noon yesterday 🙃. I am a 3 pack station store and only had 3 people to pick ship in the morning and 1 at night. Thanksfully we didnt really have ship. Our 430 goal was done at like 11 am, and had my ship team pick a ship batch then an opu and went back and forth like this till 4pm lol. In the end it worked, we missed some goals but that was only because i new tms taking way too long for a 14 item batch. Had like 20 carts of opu going at a time and my coolers up front were way over packed.

We were 110 percent over OPU forecast on Friday with about 87 percent picked in time, had 400-plus carryover and I had to leave the pack stations in woeful shape because I had no time to stock. I was off yesterday and I'm sure I will be yelled at about it today.

This weekend we've had a literal small army on the schedule just to do OPUs. Over 50% of the total TMs in the store have been scheduled under fulfillment for OPU the last 3 days. And, we're still not making goal time. We're the highest volume OPU store in the group. We do more OPU most weeks than many stores do OPU and SFS combined. But, 4,500 units in a day when the store is swarming with guests? That's just not all getting done in under 90 minutes. Certainly not when half our "fulfillment TMs" on the grid are really specialty sales TMs drafted into duty. At this point we're just hoping that we're not worst in the district so that our DSD has somewhere else to turn their attention too.

We had only 2 people doing ship today and 12 in opu with hundreds in the gun. Why? The store is so freaking busy and you cant even get around anyone to grab the shit you need without them asking you eleventy billion questions first. This company gives us a few tiny bonus checks then expects so much out of us DURING A PANDEMIC, and it just is insane. Especially because all these decisions and changes are being made from the comfort of their homes. Over it.

Not working today but yesterday was absolute hell, I came in at 3 p.m. to like 300+ opus and had to pick and pack 3 carts for ship before 4:30, apparently there is some issue with our toy, seasonal, and style inventory cause I've inf'd the same item this whole week so our sfs inf was 30%. We had like 8 people in opu until 5 and it was only 4 of us until store close, at one point we had like 200 late units and they just told us to not pick those and focus on the ones we could get done. Our pick on time ended at like 55%, but we weren't worst in our district, that record was held by the store right next to us with a wopping 35% pick on time and one point had 1,000+ late units and is like top 10 in the company for sales and I left at 2 am to like 300 opus and they still had late units. Great job with this 90 minute goal time corporate...

We had only 2 people doing ship today and 12 in opu with hundreds in the gun. Why? The store is so freaking busy and you cant even get around anyone to grab the shit you need without them asking you eleventy billion questions first. This company gives us a few tiny bonus checks then expects so much out of us DURING A PANDEMIC, and it just is insane. Especially because all these decisions and changes are being made from the comfort of their homes. Over it.
Spot on.

Good luck with the item being where it should be, or even in the same section as it should be. I see a ton of items on the complete opposite side of the store. Ridiculous

Yesterday we ended at 6k opu units and 95% on time so ill take it. At some point i had 22 carts going and over 500 units left in batches. Had about 20 people running opu. It mine as well of been black friday. I dont even want to know what next saturday will be like. Today was much less busy i just left and we are only at 3k 100% on time i even got to get some team members to push truck freight and help me task and move some steel. Sfs was absolutely awful though. Only about 500 units total and our inf was like almost 14%. Every department had over 10% inf, except for grocery, and thats because its sfs.

Our DSD is on our whole district about POT and INF for OPU. What did they expect? It's a pandemic, coming up on the busiest 2 weeks, the store is packed, and we have had 4 positive Covid texts in the last week. People are calling out left and right, I pull people to help and they get taken back. I keep telling myself "2 more weeks".

Does anyone have any tips for attacking OPUs? My TL was trying where I’m picking from the ones that just pop in to create some kind of time gap but they pop in so fast I just don’t see a difference. Today I was going old school & running 7 carts at the same time but it just isn’t working like we thought it would. We are very high volume OPU but I know some others out there are higher. Anything would help if you found something that works.

Does anyone have any tips for attacking OPUs? My TL was trying where I’m picking from the ones that just pop in to create some kind of time gap but they pop in so fast I just don’t see a difference. Today I was going old school & running 7 carts at the same time but it just isn’t working like we thought it would. We are very high volume OPU but I know some others out there are higher. Anything would help if you found something that works.
Have newer/slower pickers take negative/soon to be negative batches, because they'll eventually run out of time anyways. Leverage your best teammembers to pick the newest batches so that POT doesn't suffer as badly as if the team just takes the batches in order. That and taking multiple (smaller) batches at once. The latter has been an issue at my store.

Have newer/slower pickers take negative/soon to be negative batches, because they'll eventually run out of time anyways. Leverage your best teammembers to pick the newest batches so that POT doesn't suffer as badly as if the team just takes the batches in order. That and taking multiple (smaller) batches at once. The latter has been an issue at my store.

So essentially place new/slow pickers in a spot where they feel even more rushed, thereby INF’ng things that are clearly actually there even more? Stressing newbies out to the point where they’re making even more mistakes than what would’ve happened otherwise? I don’t know. I don’t know much but this just sounds extremely counterproductive in every way possible

Back