Archived Flexible Fullfillment Process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any ideas how to keep FF at green? We have struggled at my store to keep green. I have posted a checklist where the backroom team must check off every half hour confirming they've checked and pulled any fullfillments in the gun. The LODs and GSA/GSTL is also supposed to be signed in at all times. Our only red area is "batches picked on time" and since we receive less than 30 orders a week usually even missing 2-3 of these puts us at red. I'm an instocks/backroom team lead by the way.

do your br tm's sign in also?
Im the presentation tl and i sign in and get most of the alerts when I am there. i will alert the BR and they are awesome. i have to log out and in like once an hour though or the pda will log me out.

In my store the Guest Service TM checks every 15 minutes and then lets the backroom TM know about a FF drop. I don't get notifications as GSA/GSTL.

We have two things...the GSA/GSTL gets the alerts (if they have a LPDA on them and it's actually managed to keep itself signed in). Also, the LOD carries around a timer with them at all times. This timer goes off every half hour, reminding them that whatever they are doing, they must stop for 5 seconds and check for any orders.

Since we started doing these two things, we are now nearly always green.

I'd say a majority of ur missed picks are after the backroom team is gone for the day usually orders that drop after 8:00pm. Our LOD or a backroom trained salesfloor member is supposed to pick after that but it doesn't always happen. Any safeguards for this?

Our FRO called out breaks and also calls out "LOD check flexible fulfillment." Every half hour.

What is the pull time? The LOD should be checking that before they write the closing email so they can say in the closing email it was clear. If an order is placed overnight, the first thing they do is check the time to be sure it was placed after everyone left for the night...otherwise the LOD gets raked over the coals.

My score was red forever we finally got green. Lod carries a timer on the lod cart set for 30 minutes and ask backroom to check fullfillment. 1 backroom tm carries a timer with them as well set for 30 minutes and they check. So double checking by both has got us green. Cant really depend on the alert because that system is so screwy half the time anyhow.

Flexible fulfilment sucks. How is backroom going to get the CAF pulls done, back stock, make bales, clean up the line, and pull 19 pallets of price change if they have to go pull a Duck Dynasty DVD off the sales floor and take it to guest service? Backroom already has enough crap to multitask as it is.

The thing I hate the most about FF is the amount of effort put into it vs the resulting sales amount. My store runs somewhere around between $850k-$1M a week and the FF accounts for maybe $2k at best. That means FF accounts for .24% of our weekly sales. That small of an amount makes it nearly impossible to determine if it's really an increase over what we would have sold without it.

The majority of the FF product I pull are ad items. I find it hard to believe that the FF program is what drew them in rather than the guests using it as a reservation system to make sure it wasn't sold out before they drove to the store. The guests were just as likely to come to Target anyways for those items. Hell, it may even hurt us because instead of those guests having to walk the floor to locate ad items (and thereby be exposed to all kinds of endcap product) they can walk straight in the door to the service desk without passing a single display. There's a reason Wal-Mart has their layaway desk in the back of their stores.

We spend probably a good 5 hours a week doing FF pulls (less than an hour a day, I may be lowballing that figure) + whatever time GS spends getting the items back out for guests + the amount of time spent by ETLs checking the PDA and calling backroom to follow up on the program. All of that time spent to MAYBE increase sales by $2k. Even if that $2k was all stuff that wouldn't have sold anyways (being mostly ad product), that's a good 5-10 hours spent not pulling CAFs/outs from the back, not pulling sales floor requests from the back, not helping other guests in line at the service desk, not helping other guests on the floor, and 1 more thing the LOD has to mess with rather than following up on something that is probably more important/profitable.

We have set alarms on the ipads at guest service to go off every 30 minutes and gs clears it or informs the LOD to pull the FFA if their is one i. The pda

I would nunchuk that ipad into a wall. I have enough beeps and dings and alerts and flashing lights and guests and indymes and restroom checkup reminders and such going off all the time, the last thing I need is the stupid ipad beeping every 30 mins just in case a FF shows up.

I log into the PDA as a fulfillment TM for ease of returning to stock on morning shifts, so I get the alert anyway.

I'm looking forward to BTS. I've always enjoyed doing FFs, and now I'll have a valid reason for not backstocking.

tell your idiot BR TMs to start freaking checking

You have no idea how the backroom works, huh?

Sounds like "Not a clue"

The horror I just thought of today, moms just shopping the back to school lists via FF.. I hope most of that stuff is not eligible for FF, cause if the backroom TM has to go to the floor - he will be lost for hours..

Damn, I wasnt even thinking about FF for BTS. It's gong to be like Christmas where i have to track down more than ten items on just one pick.

The horror I just thought of today, moms just shopping the back to school lists via FF.. I hope most of that stuff is not eligible for FF, cause if the backroom TM has to go to the floor - he will be lost for hours..

We've had glue on FF once back in the spring. A quick search through target.com is showing some of the more common stuff as "eligible for store pickup"

It's not about knowing or not knowing, it's the fact that you have to do it. Also that you have to press down 3 times even though you're logged in as fulfillment TM.

tell your idiot BR TMs to start freaking checking

You have no idea how the backroom works, huh?

Sounds like "Not a clue"

OMFG!!!!!
Do not even think of that!!!!!!!

Sorry.

It's not about knowing or not knowing, it's the fact that you have to do it. Also that you have to press down 3 times even though you're logged in as fulfillment TM.
For me its on the first screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back