Archived Flow Team & Box Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just stick the name tag magnets in our pockets and stick our cutters to the outside of our pants/shirts. I wish I could bring my knife they let me use at my last job. But I asked and they said no.

Ugh, yes we got those new $5 blades "issued" to us monday. They claim they will reduce slashed product and they will, marginally, as most flow team member will not use the tape cutter function on it and will just keep using the fully allowed length of the blade to open boxes. :/ I will still keep my personal box knife with me...just in case.

Ugh, yes we got those new $5 blades "issued" to us monday. They claim they will reduce slashed product and they will, marginally, as most flow team member will not use the tape cutter function on it and will just keep using the fully allowed length of the blade to open boxes. :/ I will still keep my personal box knife with me...just in case.
How is your store handling the distribution? Do they have to get signed out every day? Or what

How is your store handling the distribution? Do they have to get signed out every day? Or what

Nope. They told us at huddle that they are supposed to be signed out everyday, but they aren't having that. We just signed our names on a piece of printer paper and were told they are now part of our uniform. If we fail to bring it to work, the will loan us a new one, but it will result in coachings.

Also, these blades are color coded. green for right handed, red for left handed.

Our ETL said flow has to turn them in at the end of the day. POG team can take them home or leave in the POG office. Everyone else whatever I guess.

Nope. They told us at huddle that they are supposed to be signed out everyday, but they aren't having that. We just signed our names on a piece of printer paper and were told they are now part of our uniform. If we fail to bring it to work, the will loan us a new one, but it will result in coachings.

Also, these blades are color coded. green for right handed, red for left handed.
I'm okay with that honestly. Ensures we don't have to fight over them

I wanted red but by my picture obviously I'm right handed :(

Wow, seriously? That is the exact same blade that I had tried using when I was on Flow last year, and was told I absolutely could not use it due to safety reasons. Now all of a sudden it's safe?

They take some getting used to for sure. I keep reaching in to my pockets to find my boxcutter

I got one! But they said we can't take them home.

I have a approximately 500000 box cutters in my shoulder bag.

TBH I won't use this. I still will use the old box cutter because the MyDevice holsters have a little outside pocket that it fits perfectly into.

I have a approximately 500000 box cutters in my shoulder bag.

TBH I won't use this. I still will use the old box cutter because the MyDevice holsters have a little outside pocket that it fits perfectly into.

At least the new knives will stop this, cause everyone leaves those knives in the holsters. And I am tired of cutting my fingers up when I reach in the bin.

I recall visiting a store that had team members with 'Pull' clips clipped on backwards so the magnet was facing out, and they stuck the box cutters on that.
I do this when working pulls on the sales floor during the day. It's the easiest way to keep your blade handy. Only problem is you have to make sure it is completely covered otherwise you might nick yourself like I have bumping against it. Ouch is all I can say!

I finally used mine full force the other day. I like the tape breaker part. I have damaged product before. The only thing you can't go far with it without the holster coming off, so then I started clipping it on my belt loop and leave the holster on my LPDA holster so it has a place to go when not in use. I love them!

That explains it. Our AP person replaced the old sign-out sheets about three weeks ago. On the new forms, after each line for the TM's name, are columns for walkies, PDA or myDevice, and box cutters. Couldn't understand the box cutter column, but now it makes sense.

Also, I've used the new box cutters at a former job, and they would disappear like Targets current ones. I imagine we will have to start begging for them like we do now for PDAs and myDevices.

So, do I update my pic here to the new blades, or stay old school?

Last edited:
That explains it. Our AP person replaced the old sign-out sheets about three weeks ago. On the new forms, after each line for the TM's name, are columns for walkies, PDA or myDevice, and box cutters. Couldn't understand the box cutter column, but now it makes sense.

Also, I've used the new box cutters at a former job, and they would disappear like Targets current ones. I imagine we will have to start begging for them like we do now for PDAs and myDevices.

So, do I update my pic here to the new blades, or stay old school?
Old school! I love the new blades but...

Wow, you guys have to turn in your box cutters at the end of the day? They just let us keep the new ones at my store. I keep my old one around in my car with a spare name tag in case I forgot it though.

My store put all the cutters, lanyards, and holsters in a tub and called it "everyone gets one, see an ETL" to make sure everyone got
A) a new one and
B) the correct handed version.

The safety instructions are in TSC and on the truck unload line and leadership is pushing the "tape splitter" function by coaching anyone who doesn't use it unless they don't have one. Hopefully this cuts down on excessive blade usage, although I did take advantage of the extra blade compartment which is located right above the blade release doohickey when it's fully retracted, and can hold 6 extra blades.

Also, there is a communal pool that has to be signed out, so if you lose or forget the one they gave you, you get coached (if repeatedly forgotten or lost) and have to use whichever is there.

Any word on whether or not this is rolling out to all stores anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back