Archived Flow Team & Box Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only issue with them is how many TMs just leave them dangling loosely at their sides instead of actually using the holster. I can't understand how some people find it so difficult to use the holster that they would rather have it swinging around near their ankles all day.

Mine doesn't even have the tether. I found a stockpile of new box cutters in my ETL-Log's office, but none of them had tethers.

The new boxcutters are basically reserved for Overnight at my store. Nobody dayside has even touched one. I think one of our BRTM's asked our ETL-LOG and was told "They are for flow", which is really fucking lame.

Mine doesn't even have the tether. I found a stockpile of new box cutters in my ETL-Log's office, but none of them had tethers.
Weird, maybe they lost a box? I'm pretty sure each piece came packaged separately.

Our new box cutters are better than what we've had before. some flow TM's thought it would be a good idea to remove the tethers.

We've been using the new ones for a few months and I love it! It's great to have a proper holster and not have to worry about stabbing myself trying to grab it or ripping my pocket. I also like the tape splitter that allows you to open boxes without using the blade at all.

My only issue with them is how many TMs just leave them dangling loosely at their sides instead of actually using the holster. I can't understand how some people find it so difficult to use the holster that they would rather have it swinging around near their ankles all day.

Edit:
Also wanted to add that we are not signing them out and returning them every day like corporate suggested. Everyone was issued one box cutter, holster, and tether to keep and bring to work every day. If you lose one, it's a documented coaching.
Where do you get holsters for them?

The new boxcutters are basically reserved for Overnight at my store. Nobody dayside has even touched one. I think one of our BRTM's asked our ETL-LOG and was told "They are for flow", which is really fucking lame.

Funny we were told that only the new style could be used because of the insurance and that all of the old style box cutters needed to be gone. So "Only for flow" might get them into trouble.. If you ever run into the DTL ask him what the policy is on those box knives and tell him "funny you say they are for all employees, since so and so said they are only for the flow team to use and we are using keys, pens, and the old style knives. that we can't get blades for. Dull knives are very dangerous."

@brizzy93

Easy Cut 2000.

$_35.JPG
Holster for this is easily broken.

I got one of these and use it instead of the one Spot gave me. Like it much better. I kind of missed the tape cutter/guide thingy on the one from spot, but not enough to go back to it.

A family member of my works at wally world overnights and they get the easy cut 2000 as their cutter when they start.

The old metal box cutters were definitely all supposed to stop being used immediately and be sent back with metal recycling.

EVERYONE is supposed to be using the Target issued box cutters. If you hurt yourself using a non-Target issued box cutter, not only are you not going to be covered medically and financially by Target, but you'll either receive a corrective action or get fired.

We sign ours out like a my device.

We didn't have to sign ours out but we had to turn them in at the end of the day for the first few months. People started taking mine though, so whenever I'd get mine I'd put a note on it telling them to leave it. Still didn't work. So I started taking mine home. I work with some people with questionable hygiene habits...I was NOT in to the idea of sharing my boxcutter with people.

Thankfully we ended up having so many people quite/be fired without ever turning theirs back in that I think our ETL-LOG finally just gave up on trying to keep track of all of them. I think everyone takes theirs home now- it just makes more sense.

Thankfully we ended up having so many people quite/be fired without ever turning theirs back in that I think our ETL-LOG finally just gave up on trying to keep track of all of them. I think everyone takes theirs home now- it just makes more sense.

That only works if they actually bring them back to work. The amount of logistics TMs that leave them at home or in their car is stupidly high.

And again, they should be orderable on SAP. I broke my holster a few months ago and the HRTM ordered a bunch of extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back