Archived Flow TL wants me to Call out Logistics TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the LOG ETLs responsibility to lead. As far as I can see from what you posted, the ETL is not doing anything wrong. If my ETL had to jump in and help my workcenter, I'd be embarrassed. It's your Flow TLs choice to jump in and help, they are not required to do so. I've learned from personal experience that leaders who literally have to work their ass off are doing poorly as leaders. Train, teach, follow up, and recognize and productivity will increase. There may be more to the story, but from what you posted, this is a non-issue.
Not sure if that's universal. At my store TLs and ETLs are expected to jump in to show they aren't any better than the team. No joke, they literally will hop in when needed. It's such a boost of morale. They usually will push a whole aisle and move carts to the backroom for us after that. We got a bad vibe from a recent ETL that pushes half an aisle or less and has had a generally disingenuous feel come from him to almost every team member. I wish I had a better way to convey it. I have decided not to go a hostile route due to having tough skin and working harder jobs in the past than any of my contemporaries have had here. I still don't want to ignore how fake he feels but I appealed to him today and he was very kind to me and ensured me I am the least of his worries. Now I have to go about finding ways to diffuse the situation with my co workers. I may apply to be hr at some point if this keeps up. I would love to work truck and HR but that would be out of the question as far as I see it for target.

Last edited:
Yeah, I still would leave it alone unless the ETL is putting the store or it's staff in danger.

Being on the phone isn't "hurting" anyone. For all you know he's talking or texting with his peers or his boss. Even if it is a personal phone call, it is still not your place to make a big deal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back