Archived Flying under the radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
Serious question: So I've noticed a ton of items stocked in the wrong shelf location lately. I was wondering what's the possibility that one of our team members can't read.
How long could a TM work at Target before it was discovered that he couldn't read. What positions would be easiest to fly under the radar in? Srsly.

Serious question: So I've noticed a ton of items stocked in the wrong shelf location lately. I was wondering what's the possibility that one of our team members can't read.
How long could a TM work at Target before it was discovered that he couldn't read. What positions would be easiest to fly under the radar in? Srsly.

First of all, being able to read is not a requirement to work at Target.

Second of all, items stocked in the wrong location is MUCH more likely to be the work of someone who is simply lazy and not illiterate.

Third, it is also possible that it is someone who can read, but simply not read English. There are lots of TM's who immigrated here who don't have great English skills yet.

Thank you for the clarification. I do realize the most likely cause of poor push accuracy is laziness, however I did not know the ability to read was not a prerequisite for employment at Target. What position(s) in a store do not require the ability to read English to perform the minimum requirements? I actually do know a couple of people in my personal life who I may encourage to apply, if the position(s) are open at my store.

I always wondered what kind of nightmare it would be to be severely colorblind and try to zone towels. Let alone 95% of the sales floor.

I had one guy on the flow team who I'm pretty sure was dyslexic.
He would routinely put things in opposite of how they were labelled or in different combinations.
It drove everyone nuts.

I would suspect that in most cases it's a case of having to get stuff put out so they weren't paying attention and just went for it.

Thank you for the clarification. I do realize the most likely cause of poor push accuracy is laziness, however I did not know the ability to read was not a prerequisite for employment at Target. What position(s) in a store do not require the ability to read English to perform the minimum requirements? I actually do know a couple of people in my personal life who I may encourage to apply, if the position(s) are open at my store.

Cart attendant, flow TM, softlines TM immediately come to mind. I have known several TMs who held those positions, were mentally handicapped to the point of being illiterate, and did their job great.

Best part of all? When the occasional TM (with no disability at all) such as your self made snide comments about their ability to do their job, despite the fact they were able to run circles around said TM as far as their work performance went. Makes you think....

We had one mentally handicapped cart attendant when I was a GSTL many years ago. I literally would have taken 1000 of him for every 1 "normal" cart attendant. He blew past them in every aspect of the job, from great attitude at all times to never slacking off even once.

In my store the rule is 'flex everything'. And when I was doing 4x4s in men's basics I had to reset the socks every time because they would flex and then the correct merchandise was sitting in the BR because there was 'no room' on the shelf.

When zoning, I often find items that belong in a totally different section of the block...THIS is due to laziness!! Often when TMs do a push, they get lazy and decide to just place the "overstock" in other locations where they do NOT belong! This is just laziness!! If it's overstock, then it's overstock put it where it goes, just dont stash it in the nearest open shelf. This is so aggravating as all hell!! Not to mention, it makes our jobs harder and time consuming..... Just do the job right the first time. I have brought this to the attention of my ETLs and LOD all they tell me is just to put the overstock away.

I always wondered what kind of nightmare it would be to be severely colorblind and try to zone towels. Let alone 95% of the sales floor.

If you have a PDA, you can at least pick up the mis-zoned towels and re-push them by scanning the barcodes. But if you don't have a PDA or a functioning price scanner to give you the locations, then you'd be screwed.

Ten percent of men are colorblind. It's more unusual in women, but we have two women who are.

One is a cashier, and didn't know she was color blind until she was in her 40s or 50s...she said it ended the ongoing navy blue/black argument that she and her husband had been having for years. I found out one day when I told was letting the cashiers know that the black dots in see spot were on clearance and she said she hoped that there weren't blue dots over there as well.

The other is a softlines/Starbucks TM who I know struggled with finding the correct color hanger tag to put on hangers out of our large bin of random tags at guest service because she couldn't search for the right tag by color.

90% of the EE team is learning disabled to the point that it impacts their work. The BR is F'd. Push, well is is just a joke anyway. They can't log on to eHR most of the time, its an incredibly frustrating situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back