Food and Beverage TL

Obviously this is in my experience as a consumables team member for several years and now a food and beverage tl

Ill start with the cons
Super heavy workload always
Vendors are always trying to get away with stuff (asants) my vendors rn are actually ok much better then id say a year ago
Probably already a mess if they need a new food and beverage tl
Pros
Highly visible. So great if you are trying to move up in the company
A lot of work, im probably weird and actually enjoy the pressure of all the work

Im leaving out a lot im sure and dont want to add the bullshit that applies to all tls

A good team can make a huge difference

It seems to me that there are no easy jobs. Everywhere you need to make efforts to achieve something. It doesn't matter if you work as an ordinary performer or someone in a managerial position.
My friend recently opened a point with drinks. It seemed to everyone that it was so easy for him. But this is only at first glance. In fact, he studied a lot of materials before making this decision. For example, I analyzed the statistics of the Beverage Industry over the past years on a very detailed and reliable website.
Of course, working behind the counter may seem much more difficult, but business people also put no less effort.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there are no easy jobs. Everywhere you need to make efforts to achieve something. It doesn't matter if you work as an ordinary performer or someone in a managerial position.
hand wringing in the backroom and harassing long time tm s on and off the floor with un necessary coachings and our GMETL doesn't break a sweat. SEETL doesn't break a 1 1/2 inch nail during a grocery blitz or when not making bales when they close...but it is our TL s who kick azz and put their effort into encouraging tm s effort side by side and make constructive suggestions to fine tune efficiency. The current ETL don't deserve them.

I love our F&B TL, think she is over worked cause it is a packed position with a ton of moving parts. If you love being run ragged every day, and love managing chaos this is a position for you. This is just my observation from working with her as receiver. You need to have your shit together to hold everyone else's shit together. But then she doesn't get a lot of support and back up.

I am not now and never intend to work in grocery, but this is my observation as a very experienced tm and former tl. Until our present TL, this is where TL's go to die. Clear expectations and accountability from tm's is vital. Assign areas, respect your tm's and avoid micromanagement if you can. Of all teams in the store, this area seriously screams TEAM. If you believe that you can encourage and develop a random group that has intense rules to follow and have them truly work as a team, you're golden.

Back