Archived Food Ave pay raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My primary work center is cashier, but I've been working probably 50-75% of my shifts in Food Ave lately. How long do you have to work in a new work center until you get the pay raise?

Talk to your Food Ave TL and/or HR. If the majority of your shifts are in Food Ave on a consistent basis, then your primary workcenter should be changed from Cashier to Food Service TM.

At least 50% of your hours need to be in the new workcenter in order to get that pay grade. They can backdate it to whatever week you were working 50% of your hours at FA.

My primary work center is cashier, but I've been working probably 50-75% of my shifts in Food Ave lately. How long do you have to work in a new work center until you get the pay raise?
Same thing has been happening to me the past month or so. I talked to me etl-hr today when I saw I had 75% of my shifts on the new schedule at food ave, she said she'll key me in tonight or tomorrow. I just have to get the necessary training done on the computer.

We had a cashier go to electronics. After she had been there six months, she mentioned something about making minimum wage. I looked at her like she was goofy and told her she should have gotten a 50 cent raise when she transferred work centers. About that time her TL (who was LOD that night) walked by...boy did he get an earful. He felt genuinely bad and said he didn't realize she hadn't gotten her raise, and agreed she should have gotten a raise and should get back pay for that and she needed to talk to the ETL-HR ASAP to get that fixed.

She did. And it was. And she got a nice back pay check. And the ETL-HR was ready to kill whoever told the TM about the paygrade raise and back pay issue. Lesson? Don't let it go too long, because they will do whatever they can to keep you at the lower pay grade if they think you don't know any better.

This! For a long time at my store when TMs moved to FA they did not get their pay increases. It may have been going on in other areas but I was only aware of what was happening at FA. They would put them off and put them off. The TMs had to call the hotline each time. Every time they called they got their pay raises and their back pay the next day.

We had a cashier go to electronics. After she had been there six months, she mentioned something about making minimum wage. I looked at her like she was goofy and told her she should have gotten a 50 cent raise when she transferred work centers. About that time her TL (who was LOD that night) walked by...boy did he get an earful. He felt genuinely bad and said he didn't realize she hadn't gotten her raise, and agreed she should have gotten a raise and should get back pay for that and she needed to talk to the ETL-HR ASAP to get that fixed.

She did. And it was. And she got a nice back pay check. And the ETL-HR was ready to kill whoever told the TM about the paygrade raise and back pay issue. Lesson? Don't let it go too long, because they will do whatever they can to keep you at the lower pay grade if they think you don't know any better.

That HR ETL is just the worst. I guess this is why we're not supposed to talk about how much we make ... if everyone's in the dark it's easier to lie to and exploit your employees (excuse me ... "team members").

It depends on if your FA pays extra for Food Ave.

One you have to be working at a Food Ave that pays extra and be assigned to the Food Ave work and work 50% of your shifts there.

I only worked at one Food Ave that paid an extra $0.50 per hour because they were a high volume Food Ave+PHE.

Food Ave is always paid higher I thought, though typically $0.25, not $0.50.

Maybe now. But before I left in 2009, not at all stores. Work center pay for FA was only given to high volume FAs. I got the extra pay at one store, but not at 2 other ones with low and mid volume FAs.

I worked in Backroom as a Hardlines Team Member for 8 months, never saw a raise. I wish I knew then what I know now.

what is the pay grade for fa? as far as I know its the same paygrade as cashier and cart attendant

what is the pay grade for fa? as far as I know its the same paygrade as cashier and cart attendant

If I remember correctly, Food Ave is N05 and Starbucks is N07, while cashier, guest service, sales floor, and cart attendant are N03.
what at my store Fa is N03 and starbucks is N05, and both are high volume. if they new about this they would be pissed

what at my store Fa is N03 and starbucks is N05, and both are high volume. if they new about this they would be pissed

How do you know what paygrade they are at your store? Isn't the chart only viewable by STL and ETL-HR?

How do you know what paygrade they are at your store? Isn't the chart only viewable by STL and ETL-HR?
anybody can see it on the needs board when they open up a position. only etls and the stl can see it on workbench though.

Never heard of a "needs board", we just apply via eHR, and only TL and above show paygrades on eHR.

If I remember correctly, Food Ave is N05 and Starbucks is N07, while cashier, guest service, sales floor, and cart attendant are N03.
They SHOULD be pissed. FA is supposed to be No5 & SB No7.
Sounds like an Integrity call is in order?

Eh, I doubt it has anything to do with "Integrity", it's probably decided at the group or district level what changes to paygrades are made for a store.

For example, not sure if GSA is still N07 at my store or not, but it is $1.00 over N03, not $0.50, so might be N09 for all I know.

Eh, I doubt it has anything to do with "Integrity", it's probably decided at the group or district level what changes to paygrades are made for a store.

For example, not sure if GSA is still N07 at my store or not, but it is $1.00 over N03, not $0.50, so might be N09 for all I know.
K, so I decided I'd check targetpayandbenefits to see, the result was not exactly as expected:

HvbluBe.png

It appears I was N07 as a GSTM, unless for some reason Pay Grade updated, but Job Title and Pay Rate didn't since being made GSA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back