Archived Former ETL -> now back as a TM?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends, long time no see!

Was with Target for almost a decade, grew up, moved away for them, and then left when I found something else I loved in a new city. Now I have more free time than I'd like to admit and it's been B O R I N G without my busy Q4s. Interviewing next week. :)

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Let us know if you get hired! I'm curious to see if they would allow a former ETL to come back as a TM seeing as you probably know more than the folks who you will report to.

Welcome! Target is a whole new experience these days, and unfortunately the changes aren’t for the better. ”Fast, Fun, and Friendly” is long gone, and “Expect More, Pay Less” refers to the size of your workload and paycheck, respectively. ASANTS, but heavy workload, light hours, stick before carrot, utter confusion and poor direction from above, blame rolling downhill to the TLs/TMs below and the resulting stress causing dismally low morale are the marks of Modernization. Good luck with your interview and hope your store is better than this.

Hey friends, long time no see!

Was with Target for almost a decade, grew up, moved away for them, and then left when I found something else I loved in a new city. Now I have more free time than I'd like to admit and it's been B O R I N G without my busy Q4s. Interviewing next week. :)
I’m a former etl still working there. 😝

Let us know if you get hired! I'm curious to see if they would allow a former ETL to come back as a TM seeing as you probably know more than the folks who you will report to.
Been there done that. They hired me back at a higher rate than the max pay for a tm. Granted I was maxed out for a few years. This was when pay was around $8, not $12.

I can see it working out, ONLY IF you were a ‘get your hands ‘ dirty ETL not one of those ‘never off the chair’ types. Being a TM should be hard work and if you’ve been softened by long lunches and lots of chatting and sitting then I don’t foresee success.

Hello. I'd recommend looking at the modernization thread since the Target you once knew is not the same. That way your prepared for the end 2 end process.

Very familiar, not as out of touch as you would think considering the time frame. Sounds like something different and a new challenge.

I can see it working out, ONLY IF you were a ‘get your hands ‘ dirty ETL not one of those ‘never off the chair’ types. Being a TM should be hard work and if you’ve been softened by long lunches and lots of chatting and sitting then I don’t foresee success.

Can assure you it’s the first. I’m sorry you’ve had a rough go with your leadership!

Been there done that. They hired me back at a higher rate than the max pay for a tm. Granted I was maxed out for a few years. This was when pay was around $8, not $12.
That’s interesting. Any current HRs know what I could ask for? Didn’t even think about this.

As a Part time gig, is a good option. Spot still cuts hours too. About $11 or $12 an hour, is average pay, depending on the metro area.

Although he came from a different company, there was a former KMart etl who worked for my old store as tm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back