Sales Floor Freight Efficiency Advice

halec20

Style Team Member
So I’ve been working at Target for awhile, and my store is kind of a wreck. I am the DBO of Men’s and also a minor. We’re super short staffed so they have me trying to work freight out in those two areas along with shoes most of the time while no one else is in men’s or active. Does anyone have any advice on putting out freight quickly and efficiently while maintaining zone? I’ve been struggling with it because my TLs and ETL wants zone to be perfect but also expects my freight to be done within an hour for each area which has been super hard to do alone.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply. I wish I could help, but I do not have that kind of pressure on me, as well I do not cover shoes, and rarely do more than a cursory zone of activewear. We haven't had a perfect zone in Style in quite some time, lol.

Do you get full shifts? Are you expected to work reshop as well as truck? Do you close or is there a closing person who zones any of your areas at night? If you aren't closing, I would just focus on zoning as I push, then do a quick touch-up before leaving.

Sorry for the late reply. I wish I could help, but I do not have that kind of pressure on me, as well I do not cover shoes, and rarely do more than a cursory zone of activewear. We haven't had a perfect zone in Style in quite some time, lol.

Do you get full shifts? Are you expected to work reshop as well as truck? Do you close or is there a closing person who zones any of your areas at night? If you aren't closing, I would just focus on zoning as I push, then do a quick touch-up before leaving.
I do work full shifts yes, I’m a minor working usually 38-39 hours a week right now. And yea, they do expect me working both reshop and truck. I’m told that for a green rack that it should take an hour to work out, and for each Z rack it should take 30 minutes. Usually it takes me longer then the projections. I don’t close because the closing team lead and I don’t get along so my ETL is trying to give me more mid shifts when she can so that the closing TL won’t find an issue to blame on me. Usually no one touches my areas either after I leave but then get pissed with me for my area not having a perfect zone.

Sorry if the transitions between answering your questions were little to non existent lmao, I’m just a little tired right now.

Back