Archived friend getting performanced out

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my fellow TL is getting performanced out of Target.

The person is an incredibly hard worker - always been dedicated, and doesn't call in.

Good review scores, team player, etc.

I am so disgusted with this company.

What does "performanced out" mean?

They (ETLs) decide they want you fired. Thus, they start writing you up for any little issue. "Oh... I told you to set 10 end caps today and you only did 9? Write up." "Oh, you had a goal of 5 red cards today and only got 3? Write up." "Oh.... a guest complained that you didn't smile. Write up"

we are in a similar situation with the majority of out tls,about half have given up and are activly waiting to be fired and have no issue with admitting they are on a day to day waiting to be fired,the others are fighting and working hard but if they really want you out,it is a very difficult situation to be in.

It's disturbing, when there is no good reason and everyone knows it.

I have been with Target long enough to know this is standard practice (at my store anyways) with team leads. Most TL either quit on their own or get fired at my store, and I have seen some really long term good team leads get canned too.

Last edited:
makes me want to scream over the p.a.

"Hey!!! Yeah You!! Morons!! Yeah, I mean you, if your title includes ETL!!

it seems each new crop of ETL's that we get have to complete some distasteful task to prove their mettle, like fire a long term hard worker.

Aladdin:
Gotta keep up
One jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword
I steal only what I can't afford
( That's Everything! )

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke.

sorry. last night was family movie night and this immediately popped up in my brain lol

This has been happening a ton at my store! I thought it was just a store issue!

Let me guess, long time TM who's getting too expensive for payroll?

Oddly enough at my store it's the new TL that get performanced out, the experienced TL and TM all stick around. We have a good number of 10-25 year vets there.

Aladdin:
Gotta keep up
One jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword
I steal only what I can't afford
( That's Everything! )

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke.

sorry. last night was family movie night and this immediately popped up in my brain lol

"Still I think he's RATHER TASTY!"

I have a feeling that is what they are going to try with me here shortly.....but I am compiling documentation to fight back, not for my job, if that is what they are going to try, but to take a few people out with me. In our store if they want you gone they cut hours (at least in my work area), BUT the TL who creates my schedule likes me so she will fight that one so it may be performance out for me. Thing is after this week I have stopped caring to give 100% to the job, I will do just enough (except for the aforementioned TL)

They (ETLs) decide they want you fired. Thus, they start writing you up for any little issue. "Oh... I told you to set 10 end caps today and you only did 9? Write up." "Oh, you had a goal of 5 red cards today and only got 3? Write up." "Oh.... a guest complained that you didn't smile. Write up"

Sooooo true! And if they all gang up on you it's over. Next thing you know they are in the AP office wanting to look at the cameras to see what you're doing all day.

the ETL who is doing the deed is VERY young, it's his first job (anywhere) and he doesn't have a clue what the TL is responsible for on a daily basis.

and by very young, I mean he can't legally drink in a bar.

i hate how alot of ETLs are so shady like this, ive seen a TL do it to a TM but the TM sucked and didnt do anything, he would also say a bunch of crap to other TMs and they didnt like it. stuff like this should be the only reason to get canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back