Archived Frog Protection-Fraud Protection-aka Chip Card Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the CurrentC app. Then you have to register it...if you have a Spot email, use that...otherwise you need to use your regular email, which I'm not sure quite how that works. Then you can add in your REDcard, cartwheel and TM numbers.

Currentc is amazeballs I just used it. I work electronics so any technology stuns me and I was like a teenage boy experiencing an orgasm for the first time. It's that awesome to me.

Currentc is amazeballs I just used it. I work electronics so any technology stuns me and I was like a teenage boy experiencing an orgasm for the first time. It's that awesome to me.

Just wait until you see Apple Pay. ;)

Just wait until you see Apple Pay. ;)
Eh I probably won't get Apple Pay until October if I'm lucky. The only thing I worry about with that is companies can be a bit ignorant and won't accept Apple Pay for no reason what so ever.

Can you use CurrentC on any mobile device (such as a tablet or iPod Touch) or does it have to be a phone?

Yes. But, I don't trust currentc. You can't use a spot visa. Just spot debit card, spot store card & spot gift card can be used.

Maybe they did not integrate the Visa as Mastercard is the partner for the Chip cards.

Not too bad. The problem are people who think it's like a gas station reader and try to remove it before the screen says to do so.

That's a result of the good ole "instantaneous" generation, @RedLightGreenArrow. Today is my first day since our machines were activated (yesterday). Can't wait to hear how it went!

Got my CurrentC setup!

It seems pretty straightforward to use, but what do I tell the cashier if they have no clue what to do?

Got my CurrentC setup!

It seems pretty straightforward to use, but what do I tell the cashier if they have no clue what to do?

They can either scan your code, or press K7, then your code. Then they press K1 when prompted, after you select which payment option you want to use if you have more than one set up. Mine is defaulted to Debit so I don't have to select it. The first couple of uses I did, as well as my PIN. But now its all automated. I show the QR Code, all I do on the keypad is no cash back and all on the card.

I haven't heard a thing about this. Last I heard, the pmt took out the blockers so you can insert your card, but the information said the software update wouldn't be happening until this fall.
I was told that is be up and running around June 20.

What a communication clusterfuck. I was told June 2, 3, 6, 7, read the 10th here and now August? smh We had our training either last week or the week prior. I continue to have guests ask when we would have ours working because other stores already have theirs working. I'm starting to say your guess is as good as mine. I probably shouldn't though.

Every store has different start times for accepting chip cards. They are doing rolling updates to the POS system to be able to accept them. Not every store in your district is going to have the same go live date. Rely on what your store leadership tells you as to when the chip cards will be accepted.

Just got news we're getting training within the next few weeks. I don't quite get how it warrants a specific training, but okay

Just got news we're getting training within the next few weeks. I don't quite get how it warrants a specific training, but okay
There's a video and a quiz. So they can't just train you on the floor. It takes less than twenty minutes.

Every store has different start times for accepting chip cards. They are doing rolling updates to the POS system to be able to accept them. Not every store in your district is going to have the same go live date. Rely on what your store leadership tells you as to when the chip cards will be accepted.
Well, when leadership gives you 4 different days -- all of which have passed -- and the chip readers STILL aren't active, it's hard to figure out what's what.

There's a video and a quiz. So they can't just train you on the floor. It takes less than twenty minutes.
Are you serious? 'Cause we got "trained" on the floor. No video or quiz at all. Just a laminated sheet, which the GSTL read bullet points off of, and a short quiz given verbally at the end.

Well, when leadership gives you 4 different days -- all of which have passed -- and the chip readers STILL aren't active, it's hard to figure out what's what.

Are you serious? 'Cause we got "trained" on the floor. No video or quiz at all. Just a laminated sheet, which the GSTL read bullet points off of, and a short quiz given verbally at the end.
Yeah...we were told the tenth, but they still aren't accepting chip cards. I was halfway through the "not til the tenth" speech when I realized it was past the tenth...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back